Menu

Downton Abbey

We watched season one not realizing it was season one. We thought it was a complete series. We were shocked when the credits rolled!! Where was the rest?? We've debated watching season two online but we decided to wait until it comes on PBS after Christmas. DH said it would be something to look forward to during those long winter months after Christmas. I can't wait!

• 1 month later...

Oh I love it, love it, love it!

I want to live in Downton Abbey!

In fact, my whole family are slightly obsessed with it. We've probably spent an unhealthy amount of time pondering who from our family would fill the various roles if we actually lived there....

We recently finished watching season 2 (online) and we're hanging out now for the 2 hour (yes, TWO hour!) Christmas special which will be shown in the UK on Christmas day. We read a rave review about it the other day.

I've read that 5 of the cast members will be on the Today Show (in NYC) today (Thursday AM).

Anyone need ANOTHER reason to postpone school this morning?!? Ha.

(Of course I can't find the link that announced this. My apologies.)

Season 1 is on PBS (in the US) this month, Season 2 starts in January.

There is also a Christmas Special to be broadcast in the UK on Christmas Day . . . so it will likely be on PBS at a later date.

With one short PG scene, it is family-friendly costumed drama viewing.

Edited by Beth S

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/

Scroll down almost to the bottom of the page for the box containing the link.

1:42 clip--not really much!

And another link:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45669433/ns/today-books/t/step-back-time-world-downton-abbey/#.Tuos2vJjFXU

And I will definitely yield in my previous post to say that the PG-related scenes are NOT family friendly.