Menu

How old is the oldest woman you know who gave birth?

I have a friend who had twins at 42 but she was artificially inseminated (no fertility treatments) so not 100% without medical help.

I just checked. My Great g-ma was born in 1900 and my mum has an uncle who is 2 years younger than her, so GGM would have been 47, but he was the last of 12. She had her first at 21.

My grandmother (paternal) had her last, my aunt, at 46 (my dad was when she was 44) - this was 75 years ago, no fertility treatments!

Two paternal aunts had some kids in their 40's, at 43 and 45, again, no fertility treatments (way before they were even thought of, let alone available). A number of cousins on my dad's side have also had kids into their 40's, the oldest (I think) was 44 without any intervention.

My mother's great-aunt had her last at 44, that was back in the 40's; another had her last at 45. A variety of my cousins on my mother's side have had kids in their 40's also - 42 to 48, no fertility treatments that I know of. One cousin I know of had a pregnancy at 48, but miscarried at 11-weeks and the testing done was a genetic defect that the doctor noted was due to her age.

I had my first at 38 and my second at 44. We'd actually like to have one more, but I'm now 45, so who knows? My family history on both sides says it might happen, but 45 is really pushing it and I know that.

wow! a lot of these are older than i expected! the oldest i have known was 42. that is good to know women who thought they were in menopause got pregnant! my dh wants to get neutered but i am the hesitant one...maybe i should go ahead and give him the a. ok! lol i do not want another child at 52! not that there is anything wrong with that. really. i am just done with diapers and lack of sleep. i have barely slept a full night in 7 years...i am over it.

My mom had a baby at 47. He is her last of five. There was a nine year gap between him and the next youngest and a 20 year gap between him and the oldest. He has no learning disabilities or physical problems.

My husband mom had a baby at 44. He's also perfectly healthy.

Hey me too - exactly!:001_smile:

I was the third child. At the time it was normal only to have the first child in hospital. If that went well, the next children were born at home with a midwife and GP on hand. So I was born at home - my brothers walked home together (aged 5 and 7) from school to find that they had a new sister.

Laura

I was the third child. At the time it was normal only to have the first child in hospital. If that went well, the next children were born at home with a midwife and GP on hand. So I was born at home - my brothers walked home together (aged 5 and 7) from school to find that they had a new sister.

Laura

I was the opposite. My older siblings were born at home but I was born in the hospital! My mom took a train 250 miles to do it too.