Menu

Found Out What I'm Having....

It's a boy!:001_smile:

Truth is I'm feeling sort of conflicted about it. We knew that if it was a boy he would be named after the brother who died last year so I've been hoping it was a girl to sort of avoid all the feelings that would bring up. I'm all about avoidance!

But I am very glad I found out. I can deal with those feelings now rather then a month down the road when the little guy is in my arms. :)

He will be Lauchlin (lock-lin, it's an old Scottish name) James and he's going to be one spoiled little boy. :D

That's a cool name. I had a name picked out for our #3 boy, and when I looked at him, there was no way he could be named what I had picked, Jean (French pronunciation) Eric. He was Greek/Italian looking. Somewhere back in the ancestry pool...;)

I didn't know you were expecting a baby!

Congrats. I love the name Lauchlin, I will apologize now for anytime I misspell it as that is not the spelling I am used to ;) Won't be much longer now before we get to see newborn pics :D

I've also seen Laughlin and Locklin but "Lauchlin" is the family spelling so I'll keep it. :)

Congratulations! And I do understand your mixed feelings on having a new baby named for your brother. My son passed away last year and his best friend has told me that his next child will carry his name. It hurts even though you are welcoming a blessing. Just know your brother is watching over this little guy. Blessings to you!

Congratulations! And I do understand your mixed feelings on having a new baby named for your brother. My son passed away last year and his best friend has told me that his next child will carry his name. It hurts even though you are welcoming a blessing. Just know your brother is watching over this little guy. Blessings to you!

Thanks Kari and :grouphug:.

It's such a weird feeling and I've been feeling a little guilty that my reaction wasn't all joy but I'm guessing it's actually a pretty normal reaction.

I lost my brother 7 years ago. My other brother named his son with first bro's name, as a middle name. He asked permission of my first bro's widow. It was really nice.

I know what you mean about calling up feelings. I can only say that I still cry over first bro's death--I do talk to him in prayer, because I believe in the communion of saints, but I always qualify it by asking God to relay the message...(gentle lol).

I'm sorry for your loss, and I'm excited for your coming grace. :001_smile:

(BTW, EfM started...:D)

He will be Lauchlin (lock-lin, it's an old Scottish name) James and he's going to be one spoiled little boy. :D

If you want to be really Scottish, the 'ch' is closer to a heavily-aspirated 'h'. Here's pronunciation for 'loch', which has the same sound, here.

Best wishes with your pregnancy,

Laura

If you want to be really Scottish, the 'ch' is closer to a heavily-aspirated 'h'. Here's pronunciation for 'loch', which has the same sound, here.

Best wishes with your pregnancy,

Laura

I think I'll go with the Scottish-Canadian pronunciation. You don't want to hear me trying to say that.:D It's actually my dad's name as well and every second male relative in Cape Breton seems to be either Lauchie John or John Lauchie. :D Popular on the island but not common at all off it.

I think I'll go with the Scottish-Canadian pronunciation. You don't want to hear me trying to say that.:D It's actually my dad's name as well and every second male relative in Cape Breton seems to be either Lauchie John or John Lauchie. :D Popular on the island but not common at all off it.

Laura

Done! :D

Seriously, Wolf wants to spend a few wks in the summer in the Maritimes. He spent some growing up time in NS, and PEI if memory serves. If we end up moving to ON, it'll be doable...I can't see driving from AB to NS for a cpl of wks vacation, though.

Wolf wouldn't mind moving to NS, but the damp would kill me.