Menu

Fun Poll: How many threads are you subscribed to?

How many threads are you subscribed to?  

1. 1. How many threads are you subscribed to?

• < 50
    • 50 - 100
    • 101 - 150
    • 151 - 200
    • > 200 (to infinity and beyond!)

Sometimes I feel like a maniac, subscribing to so many threads. And isn't it funny that once you are subscribed to one, you are subscribed basically "forever," but you only get to see the last five positive rep comments? Something seems weird about that.

Anyhoo, I'm up to 145 threads! (Oops, that would be 146 including this one!) I guess I'm just wondering exactly how weird I really am compared to the rest of you. :D

Please weigh in on this frivolous topic.

I automatically subscribe to every thread in which I post, plus I subscribe to a few more that I think are interesting.

I get automatic emails whenever someone posts something new on the threads (since the last time I've been signed in), so I can follow the discussions without having to check in on the board constantly. That's how I could find Doran's comment to me about Macs and PCs, for example, and make a goofy reply.

I probably wouldn't participate much on this board without the subscription feature, along with the email notification.

Umm, excuse me, my email just dinged, so someone must've replied to another thread that I've posted on ... think I'll go check that out....

but this fancy new search engine is so efficient that I'm tempted to just unsubscribe all of them rather than sorting the ones I think I'd like to save and attempting to file them in folders like I used to on the old boards. :blink:

I've not subscribed to any. I usually remember to check back on those posts that I find interesting.

Same here. I don't do the subscribing thing - I just poke around until I find them....If it's interesting to me, then I usually remember the thread name.. :)

Sometimes I feel like a maniac, subscribing to so many threads. And isn't it funny that once you are subscribed to one, you are subscribed basically "forever," but you only get to see the last five positive rep comments? Something seems weird about that.

Anyhoo, I'm up to 145 threads! (Oops, that would be 146 including this one!) I guess I'm just wondering exactly how weird I really am compared to the rest of you. :D

Please weigh in on this frivolous topic.

134... :confused:

I've not subscribed to any. I usually remember to check back on those posts that I find interesting.

Same here. :iagree:

I tried at first, but it was so much to keep up with. This is such a wonderful, fast, super big board to keep up with for little old me and my dinky pc:lol: When did I start dreaming of a MAC:lol:

I subscribe only to the ones that I really loved and needed to refer back to. Also if I didn't have time to read it at the time then I subscribe it until I get to reading it. So many valuable information on these board. I do not have the time to go hunting for a thread that I wanted to review so I subscribe to them. I have 50 right now.

Holly

ETA: I work a job so I really do not have time to search for threads. That is why I subscribe. I do not do it friviously (sp?)

Ah well, I guess this is public confirmation that I'm weird. I like the email reminders to check on specific threads. And since I've been researching high school stuff, my interests have expanded. And the subscriptions are cumulative--so that's 150 threads since the boards opened.