Menu

How many Amazon orders have you placed in the last 6 months?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've placed 31 in the last six months, 33 this year which is already almost as many as I placed in 2010 total! We don't have a car so I have been purchasing bulk items from them every month and lately I've been purchasing a lot of homeschool products there. I have the Prime membership and it is so worth the money.

9:

1 sonic screwdriver (birthday present)

1 package of diaper wipes

1 box of diapers

4 packages of Goodnights brand pull-ups (one of these hasn't been received yet)

2 games

I use their subscribe and save program for diapers.

67 :svengo::eek:

Holy cow. Yes I have Prime, and yes I just renewed. Now some of it is S&S, diapers, batteries and vitamins. Still, 67? Sheesh. I need to stay away. If... I.. can...

Is there an Amazon Support Group? :001_smile::lol:

I'm not lookin'.

Nope, I'm not gonna.

I love Prime.

I live way out in the country, and by the time I add gas and consider time of some worth....I can't find the books I want, I can't spend that much time on the road, and even if I carefully consolidate trips and plan errands out, something comes up.....free shipping would make it worth it, but the two day gratification. Wow.

I've never heard of Amazon Mom before this thread, so I looked it up. Any parent or caregiver, including grandparents, can sign up for it. It is mainly targeted at caregivers of children up through toddler age, but it says you can still join if your child is older. You get free 2-day Prime shipping for 3 months. It offers discounts on baby items, and for every $25 in baby items that you purchase, you earn an additional free month of Amazon Prime shipping benefits.

Since I'm not going to be buying any baby items (maybe if I have a baby shower to go to sometime in the future), I will just have to wait until I need to order again (not often, since I've only placed 3 orders in the last 6 months!) before signing up. I don't want my 3 months to start yet.

Amazon Mom sign up link

I don't order baby items, and Amazon keeps giving me extra months off the items I order. I think I have it through November now, and I started the end of last year.

Not really. When I order used items fulfilled by them, I tend to have them split off separately from other items. Also preorders. I have gotten this when I click one shipment. I never click multiple because I din't want to pay for it.

We must not be seeing the same options. When I place an order (which I just did) these are my choices for items shipped by amazon:

Choose a shipping preference:

Group my items into as few shipments as possible

I want my items faster. Ship items as they become available.

I've never seen a choice for one shipment.

We don't have prime, but we do take advantage of the super-saver shipping quite a bit.

This year we've bought a tent for dear nephew in niece in Alexandria and had it shipped directly to them. Much better price than they could get locally and sending out tent to them was $35.00 UPS. Super saver shipping and so no added cost to the tent. It was a great deal.

We've also purchased a bunch of science kits for our youngest. They were THames and Cosmos kits that were 75% off and again, that wonderful super saver shipping.

I don't order enough to make it worth paying for Amazon Prime.

Faith

We've purchased a few science supplies for 4-H such as water testing kits. Actually, we buy very, very few books.

• 2 weeks later...