Menu

Just sharing my classical composer study (Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven)

Nestof3

Wow, that looks great!

:iagree: Thanks for sharing! :)

:iagree: Thank you so much!

Thanks, Dawn. I always keep and use your fantastic lists!

Thanks!

Sahamamama, this one is a little different because I included listening activities to go along with music selections. I basically scoured the internet for anything great I could get my hands on and compiled it together.

This is fantastic! I've always wanted to do a study on composers. I think I may have even purchased a book at one point but never used it. :001_huh: This will definitely get used...both my boys love these composers.

Thank you!

Pam

WONDERFUL!

I didn't even know where to begin on studying composers. This is perfect!:grouphug:

I'm so glad I can help. I'd love to hear how it goes. There's really more listed than is necessary, but I wanted people to have options to choose from. There are so many fabulous resources available on the internet, but it just takes time to find them all.

If anyone has any other resource to recommend, I'd gladly add it to the study.

• 2 weeks later...
Dawn, that is a seriously NICE pdf. :hurray:

Thanks for sharing your hours of work so generously.

(Your pdf will slot in perfectly to where we are with SOTW3 - love all the links).

We are finishing up SOTW 3 as well this year. Next year will be the Romantics. :D

I have an art one as well for Impressionists. (not the same time period, but that's okay).

We are finishing up SOTW 3 as well this year. Next year will be the Romantics. :D

I have an art one as well for Impressionists. (not the same time period, but that's okay).

Dawn, have you up uploaded the Impressionists pdf anywhere yet? :bigear:

(We're kind of, okay..... totally, art indulgent in our home:tongue_smilie:)

(Arh, great! The Romantics .... it'd be excellent if you just keep creating & I'll be happily plodding along behind :D ).

Edited by tuesdayschild

Dawn, have up uploaded the Impressionists pdf anywhere yet :bigear:

(We're kind of art indulgent in our home:tongue_smilie:)

(Arh, great! The Romantics .... it'd be excellent if you just keep creating & I'll be happily plodding along behind :D ).

Here it is:

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/3000785/impressionist-artists-study-pdf-july-22-2011-12-26-pm-262k?da=y

Plod along. ;)

I just wanted to thank you Dawn. I made my own study last year and had the same intention for this year but I had a baby in December. I swear, I have no idea what happened to all the time I thought I had before school officially starts again. I lost a few months somewhere.:001_huh: I was starting to panic when I came across your post. It's awesome, your awesome. Thanks so much!

Thanks for sharing this! We're following the Ambleside Online list and doing Beethoven right now.

I have also PDF-formatted & shared a few of the classic Thomas Tapper illustrated composer biographies for children (Mozart, Chopin, Beethoven are done so far) free at my blog here, if anyone's interested!

These tapper bios are also available in free public-domain audio versions at Librivox.

Thanks for sharing this! We're following the Ambleside Online list and doing Beethoven right now.

I have also PDF-formatted & shared a few of the classic Thomas Tapper illustrated composer biographies for children (Mozart, Chopin, Beethoven are done so far) free at my blog here, if anyone's interested!

These tapper bios are also available in free public-domain audio versions at Librivox.

Those are very nice. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...