Menu

I won the election!

I haven't posted about this in awhile, but thought you'd all like an update.

We had our primary election yesterday, and I won the race for City Councilor. It was an interesting campaign, b/c the only opponent I had was a developmentally disabled gentleman who has run 7 times before. I was the presumed winner, but as always, he gets about 30% of the votes. The other 2 Council candidates ran unopposed in their Wards. The next step is just a formality. My name will be on the ballot in November as the only candidate for that seat. I will take office in January.

I'm very excited about this. It's been a long-standing goal of mine to run for elected office, but had no clue how or when it would ever happen. I am a Christian and firmly believe this was all God's timing. Going into this, I had no idea what to expect, what kind of competition I would have or anything like that. Unlike the other candidtates, I did have to run a small campaign. I really enjoyed going door to door talking with residents and hearing their perspective on things.

We had our primary election yesterday, and I won the race for City Councilor. It was an interesting campaign, b/c the only opponent I had was a developmentally disabled gentleman who has run 7 times before. I was the presumed winner, but as always, he gets about 30% of the votes. The other 2 Council candidates ran unopposed in their Wards. The next step is just a formality. My name will be on the ballot in November as the only candidate for that seat. I will take office in January.

I'm very excited about this. It's been a long-standing goal of mine to run for elected office, but had no clue how or when it would ever happen. I am a Christian and firmly believe this was all God's timing. Going into this, I had no idea what to expect, what kind of competition I would have or anything like that. Unlike the other candidtates, I did have to run a small campaign. I really enjoyed going door to door talking with residents and hearing their perspective on things.

:party::cheers2:

Congratulations from across the continent!!! I remember reading your posts when you were just beginning this process.

Cool!

Wow, congrats!