Menu

shopping carts and circumcision...correlation?

Sorry for the mis-leading title but I really just need some good fruit salad recipes for this summer. Anything fruity really. My family is going to boycott my lunches if I try just putting another cut up apple on a plate with PB.

:tongue_smilie:

I just cut up fruit and toss it in a bowl. But I *always* return my cart to the corral on the way to buy said fruit. Unless I have a toddler or baby with me. And then I tell my oldest child to return it. Unless the oldest child with me is too young. Then I just sit down on the pavement and cry out of frustration and indecision, but after realizing how lucky I am to homeschool (and what great shoes my children have as a result), I stand up, brush myself off, dry my eyes, and push forward.

Barb

I just cut up fruit and toss it in a bowl. But I *always* return my cart to the corral on the way to buy said fruit. Unless I have a toddler or baby with me. And then I tell my oldest child to return it. Unless the oldest child with me is too young. Then I just sit down on the pavement and cry out of frustration and indecision, but after realizing how lucky I am to homeschool (and what great shoes my children have as a result), I stand up, brush myself off, dry my eyes, and push forward.

Barb

:lol:

Sorry for the mis-leading title but I really just need some good fruit salad recipes for this summer. Anything fruity really. My family is going to boycott my lunches if I try just putting another cut up apple on a plate with PB.

:tongue_smilie:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't have a recipe other than to toss what fruit is around into a bowl and maybe put some whipped cream on it, but I just wanted to say I like you, aggieamy, because I just laughed so hard I nearly spit pinot noir all over my laptop.

Does anyone else just LOVE strawberry salad? You know, mixed greens, some sort of nut and sliced strawberries? :drool5:

Oh, and the fruit salsa with cinnamon tortillas. That is serious delish in a handbasket, although there's a ton of chopping involved. Do this:

2 cups chopped cataloupe

6 green onions, chopped

3 kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped

1 m sweet yellow pepper, chopped

1 m sweet red pepper, (this will shock you, but) chopped

1 8oz. can crushed pineapple, drained

2 cups strawberries, yeah, chop 'em also

a couple of Jalepeno peppers, chopped; don't rub your eyes after :001_huh:

For the chips, take 10 flour tortillas, spread them with melted butter on both sides, sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar and bake them at 350 for 10 minutes.

Eat. Swoon.

ETA "bake", not "back" and you also need to pizza-cutter the tortillas before ovening.

Does anyone else just LOVE strawberry salad? You know, mixed greens, some sort of nut and sliced strawberries? :drool5:

Oh, and the fruit salsa with cinnamon tortillas. That is serious delish in a handbasket, although there's a ton of chopping involved. Do this:

2 cups chopped cataloupe

6 green onions, chopped

3 kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped

1 m sweet yellow pepper, chopped

1 m sweet red pepper, (this will shock you, but) chopped

1 8oz. can crushed pineapple, drained

2 cups strawberries, yeah, chop 'em also

a couple of Jalepeno peppers, chopped; don't rub your eyes after :001_huh:

For the chips, take 10 flour tortillas, spread them with melted butter on both sides, sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar and bake them at 350 for 10 minutes.

Eat. Swoon.

ETA "bake", not "back" and you also need to pizza-cutter the tortillas before ovening.

Wow. That seriously might be a hit here.

Barb

:lol::lol::lol:

Fruit salad: Cube watermelon, canteloupe, cucumber. Mix in a little balsamic vinegar, s&p. Let sit for about an hour. Easy-peasy, and it's a hit at potlucks.

Cat

My mom always mixed honey and lemon juice and added it to any fruit salad. It helps keep the fruit from going brown and tastes yummy. I guess I should say I do this too. I think I had the "my mom once had a tampon jump out onto the check out line" story in my head. So, I added my mom story--helpful, but not nearly as interesting.:tongue_smilie: