Menu

Have any of you seen Enchanted?

I saw it in the theater twice. We really enjoyed it. Even my ds (4 at the time) enjoyed it because of the humor. I think it made the "fairy tale" dream more real and that it really can happen. I don't always look or feel like a princess, but I think I'm as happy or happier than one.:001_smile:

Amy of GA

11yo dd

5yo ds

I'll be the fluke. I really didn't like that movie.

Everyone really praised this movie when it came out, so I really expected to like it, but I couldn't wait to pop it back in the mail and get something new.

My kids enjoyed it, but not enough to make an impression, IYKWIM?

Jo

l Ioved it for it's spoof on all those Disney princess stories.6 yo dd loved it because she wants to be a princess.In fact,she likes to think she already is.Practical 11 yo dd thought it was funny but wouldn't admit that she liked it.

Give me Princess Bride any day.

"Do you think he is using the same wind we are using?":lol:

Yep! We love watching the Princess Bride here. The humour definitely had my husband going. And when you are on a forum with a male majority and they start quoting The Princess Bride....

I loved its sweetness. I loved how it spoofed entire collections of Disney movies and yet paid homage to them too. I loved seeing the few 'Sound of Music' moments. I guess the more movies you've liked the more you got out of it. My youngest is a 17 year old son, so we've seen our share of them all.

Our favorite character, hands down, was Prince Edward. Campy, silly, goofy, and entirely fun and likeable.

We loved the translation of animated story into a 'real' life. Makes it all seems so much funnier. And we liked how the spunky princess saves the day. Hurrah!

We are still going around the house singing that call to the animals. All of us are trying to get vermin into the house to do our chores.

Not working yet....:lol:

We rented it not too long ago, I enjoyed it, but the boys fell asleep. I liked the musical aspect of it and have tried to interject that into my own life LOL. I tried singing while cleaning, but it doesn't bring all the little critters to help, I wonder why?

I could have done without the scene where the chipmunk is hung up from a coat hanger. Didn't see how that really was important to the story. My dd said it reminded her of Jesus being crucified.

I didn't really like the ending with the evil queen going out of control, but I guess that is how all those Disney movies end.

Dh thought it was pretty lame. I thought it was really lame. But darn if I can't get the kids to stop singing ALL the tunes from that movie. They only watched it once and their favorite is "How do you know?" (the Central park one). It drives me crazy. They also thought it was lame but enjoyed its quirkiness.

We watched it a few weeks ago. I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time :lol:. My husband got it for my 15yo dd when they had gone to run some sort of errand together. He had no intention of watching it with her. He came out to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee and got completely sucked in. Then my 21yo ds and 19yo ds had to come see what the ruckus was all about and got sucked in as well.

We loved the park scene the best - the outrageous unlikelihood of the whole spectacle just had us doubled over.

I did NOT like the scene where she comes out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel yada yada yada. For that reason, I would not buy it to have sitting around my house.

A warning for those with very young children. The scene at the end with the dragon was very frightening to my 9yo dd, although at that age she could convince herself that it wasn't real. Younger children might not have that capability.

Kathleen in VA

www.homeschoolblogger.com/lavendersblue

Yep! We love watching the Princess Bride here. The humour definitely had my husband going. And when you are on a forum with a male majority and they start quoting The Princess Bride....

But Monty Python (Holy Grail). UGH.