Menu

I hate to resurrect this. (Kerfuffle related)

I want to be clear. I'm not attributing motives. Simka and I arrived here at the boards at about the same time; although she is clearly a much more active member.:D I often read her comments with enjoyment. This thread surprised me.

Having just watched a sweet thread about a Mother's enjoyment and pride in the accomplishment of her average child vs. her gifted one disintegrate within three pages, I was very skeptical that this thread about a divisive issue would remain civil. It seemed disingenouous/naive to express reluctance to discuss something that one is then opening a discussion about.

Glad to say that so far the hive has surprised me. :hurray:

No problem! I chose to not directly address your post, because I felt I already had. I'm sorry to hear about the other thread :glare:.

And yes, I get to be very active!!! Due to a move (no social life) and finding some great new friends ;).

I'm glad that the OP posted. It gives a little more 'original source' information about something that many of us had taken a large interest in. I can certainly understand the OP wanting to share info without wanted to stir up trouble--that is a pair of impulses that I often have myself.

I am sure there is some of that. I also knew there were people who were curious about GHC positon. It is my hope that this stays calm and just acts like a PSA. ;)

Well, I for one, appreciate it. It brings some closure for me. I appreciated hearing this Christian mediation lawyer's perspective, especially since he is well acquainted with both parties.

I'm glad you posted this. I received the email also, since I wrote to them supporting their decision back during the kerfluffle. However, I wasn't sure how to link anyone to it, and I was worried about upsetting some people. Thanks for being braver and more technologically savvy than me!

I got the same email. I really, truly appreciate GHC's class in all of this. Unfortunately, it's not going to change a lot of people's opinions. Apparently, something similar has happened before with AiG (backing out of mediation) a few years ago, when they split from CMI.

:iagree:

Seems to me the whole point is sharing a substantial amount of new information about a topic many here have shown interest in, but of which a great deal has been left to speculation. Sharing is good. :001_smile:

And did anyone else think, "Which kerfluffle?!?!?" :)

It was difficult for me to put into words at the time, but the very "silence" from GHC and the "noise" from Ken Ham was a huge tell for me. I had been in a similar situation at one time. I chose to jump thru every legal and relevent hoop presented to me (without it turning into a public mess) I wasn't able to defend myself. Eventually, I had all my ducks in row and the truth came out. My attacker was able to say whatever he wanted, for a time, but in the beginning I couldn't. I realize I was projecting on the GHC/Ken Ham situation, but when GHC remained silent I really started to wonder.

What you learned takes a young lawyer about 5 years to grasp. Your instincts are very, very good.

So if you truly hate to resurrect this. (Kerfuffle related) - why post the link? What could the possible outcomes of the conversation be? What are you hoping to acheive?

Just information. AFAIR, the vast majority of this Kerfuffle was extra-Board. She was "hating to resurrect this" as a way of saying it was important, but that she wanted to soften the intrusion on SWB, who has tired of the topic.

That was my take.

Just information. AFAIR, the vast majority of this Kerfuffle was extra-Board. She was "hating to resurrect this" as a way of saying it was important, but that she wanted to soften the intrusion on SWB, who has tired of the topic.

That was my take.

;)

It was difficult for me to put into words at the time, but the very "silence" from GHC and the "noise" from Ken Ham was a huge tell for me. I had been in a similar situation at one time. I chose to jump thru every legal and relevent hoop presented to me (without it turning into a public mess) I wasn't able to defend myself. Eventually, I had all my ducks in row and the truth came out. My attacker was able to say whatever he wanted, for a time, but in the beginning I couldn't. I realize I was projecting on the GHC/Ken Ham situation, but when GHC remained silent I really started to wonder.

I had a similar situation about a year ago, though not with a physical attack. I was attempting to follow mediation as closely as possible, but the other person was talking, talking, talking to anyone who would listen, and it was a pack of lies. I still don't share my side, out of good faith, though mediation has long been broken down.

Once you've been in the situation yourself, you get a good sense for it. I thought the same thing during the AIG/GHC issues.

Edited by angela in ohio