Menu

Oldest daughter had her prom last night :)

Love, love, love it!!!

(And I want one of those puzzles! I don't have a band saw!)

:) I googled something like "Pennsylvania counties map" and looked under images to find that image and I printed it out.

My husband glued it to a block of sanded wood, trimmed the edges so the whole thing would be in the shape of the map, and they sanded the edges, put a few coats of varnish on the whole thing to make it smoother and to protect the paper printout, and then used the band saw to cut out the individual pieces. I thought it came out really cute, too!

I joked that he should make a few more and try to sell them but we didn't really think that would work, they aren't like professional manufacturer quality or anything and I'm sure there aren't huge crowds of people out there just looking for a homemade PA county map puzzle haha. But if you are serious about wanting one, I bet he'd make another one if you were willing to pay for shipping and a bit for materials. PM me and let me know. :)

:) I googled something like "Pennsylvania counties map" and looked under images to find that image and I printed it out.

My husband glued it to a block of sanded wood, trimmed the edges so the whole thing would be in the shape of the map, and they sanded the edges, put a few coats of varnish on the whole thing to make it smoother and to protect the paper printout, and then used the band saw to cut out the individual pieces. I thought it came out really cute, too!

I joked that he should make a few more and try to sell them but we didn't really think that would work, they aren't like professional manufacturer quality or anything and I'm sure there aren't huge crowds of people out there just looking for a homemade PA county map puzzle haha. But if you are serious about wanting one, I bet he'd make another one if you were willing to pay for shipping and a bit for materials. PM me and let me know. :)

I'm gonna hit you up after baseball! ;)

Thank you, everyone, for the nice comments. :) She did have a really nice time! And the nice thing was, her life skills class teacher took them to a local beauty school to get their hair done during the day... a good thing, because I'm HORRIBLE at doing hair!

AND the school has a rack of dresses that have been traded or donated in and any girl who needs a dress can borrow one from there as long as they've bought their (only $5.00) prom ticket.

So the staff at the school helped her pick that dress out and it's a borrowed dress. We didn't have to go spend a ridiculous amount of money to buy one that would only be worn once or anything like that. :)

I love that they do that and thought the staff did a really nice job helping her select a dress that fit and looked nice on her!

And I see you have chipmunks .... :D

Yes lol...they are either fearless or blind, a few times they ran pretty much right up to our feet as we walked before they seemed to notice we were there and ran the other way.

I'm gonna hit you up after baseball! ;)

Sure. :)