Menu

Would you wear sports bras that had belonged to your MIL

Would you wear sports bras that had belonged to your MIL?  

1. 1. Would you wear sports bras that had belonged to your MIL?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe if I washed them a million times and could get the smell out.

MIL recently gave me 6 sports bras that she purchased hoping to wear them after her shoulder surgery. Note before she purchased these, I told her that in order to get into a Sports Bra requires gymnastics moves and abilities at times. **Per a responders answer I do wear sports bras. I mainly go overboard when I try to talk my MIL out of "trying" something. Because ususally she ends up not liking said thing she had to try and giving it away. We have been down this road before. Well she had worn all of them a bit and they all smell of Bengay. Would you wear them?

No, but only because my exMIL has very freaky sexual thoughts (which she's been known to share with me in the past) and also has huge boundary issues, so I'd refuse them on those grounds.

If it were a normal person, I'd have no problem, once the BenGay was washed out!

I would wash them in hot water with Tide (or whatever) and vinegar. Double rinse. Dry as usual.

They may be underwear, but they were hardly worn and it's not like they are panties -- those I would not share, borrow, or use secondhand.

Now if this happened to me IRL, which it has not, I may feel differently.

I would without a second thought. Of course this is purely academic in my case, as my MIL wears a D cup and I am still a 34A! I don't see the big deal--the sports bras are completely washable and free! While I wouldn't buy/wear used panties, I don't have a problem with bras.

Awww, come on. It's like wearing a used tank top, no? I would never wear a used pair of panties, nor a used bathing suit, even socks would bug me. But a bra? No problema!

Of course it's purely academic because I don't even know anyone who wears the same size bra I do.:glare:

MY mil died last year, but really the thought of her wearing a sports bra is quite funny. I just can't even imagine her offering hand-me-down bras to me!

As an aside, is it really ok to wear a white sports bra with no shirt while walking your dog in a neighborhood? I saw a woman this morning and it really, really looked like she forgot to put on a t-shirt!

MIL recently gave me 6 sports bras that she purchased hoping to wear them after her shoulder surgery. Note before she purchased these, I told her that in order to get into a Sports Bra requires gymnastics moves and abilities at times. **Per a responders answer I do wear sports bras. I mainly go overboard when I try to talk my MIL out of "trying" something. Because ususally she ends up not liking said thing she had to try and giving it away. We have been down this road before. Well she had worn all of them a bit and they all smell of Bengay. Would you wear them?

I mean, really -- REALLY? It's not like they were rubbing up against her nether regions. Why is a barely worn sports bra that much different than a shirt which has had an affair with armpits? :001_huh:

Now, if your real point is to just retrain her from buying things she doesn't need or like and then feeling okay about it afterwards because she's found a willing taker in you -- that's another issue altogether. JMnsHO

Yep -- sure's shootin' I would. I mean, really -- REALLY? It's not like they were rubbing up against her nether regions. Why is a barely worn sports bra that much different than a shirt which has had an affair with armpits? :001_huh:

:rofl: You really, really crack me up!!:rofl: