Menu

Does the poop talk ever end?

If DS4 says poop one more time, I am going to lose my mind. I think it is fairly commonn with little boys, but it is driving me batty. And I can't get it to stop. Will it taper off soon? Or am I doomed to potty humor forever? :willy_nilly:

I told my boys that is potty talk. If they want to say that, or other words or jokes, they are welcome to go into the bathroom by themselves and say it to their little hearts content. They go and try it and it's just not as much fun. Not having an audience really takes the fun out of it.

All I have to do is say "that is potty talk so take it in the potty" and they stop.

They have told adults (uncles) the same thing :lol:

Guest momk2000
Let's see, dh is 45... so I'm thinking no. ;)

:lol: :lol:

My dd is 5yrs, and it seems poop and gas are just about the only things on her mind. I don't know where she gets this from. Her older sister never did any of this. I just hope she will get over it soon.

DD is almost 7 and potty talk is still THE thing among her friends. We have strict rules about it in our house, but I swear it's all she and her friends talk about when they get together outside of our house. I was hoping it would have passed by now. ::sigh::

It must stop in some families, because my brothers didn't do it, Mr. Ellie and his brother didn't, and my cousins-as-close-as-brothers didn't do it...at least, not outside of a boy gang where no one else could hear.

:lol:

I just got up from this thread to help my daughter with something, and I said "Answers make the world go round" (she's going through a phase where every answer is "I dunno" :willy_nilly:). I then hear my 9yo say "No, poop does."

I don't see the poop talk stopping anytime soon. Especially if they're hanging around dad. :glare:

I grew up in a household where it was unacceptable to call attention to bodily functions such as pooting or burping. Of course, it was inevitable that it happened occasionally but if someone had one accidently slip out, everyone ignored it. In our little world, it was the same thing as saying "please" and "thank you", just good manners. And it never even crossed my mind for the longest time that people did such things ON PURPOSE!

When I had my oldest son, we instituted the bathroom rule as described above (which works wonderfully). No problems there. Then I married my husband 7 years later. He grew up where his family try to out burp and out poot him, even the females. I have such a hard time when we go visit the in-laws.

My children all know that potty talk belongs in the potty room. Period. And children who come over and visit follow our rules. We don't spit, we don't jump on our couches, we use inside voices, we eat at the table, and we don't potty talk unless it is in the bathroom.

Yeah, uh... no.

It wasn't all that long ago I was posting here that my 10 y/o daughter had drawn a picture of the Mayflower, then brought it to me, pointing at a particular spot and saying, "Look, it's the poop deck" and then bursting into a fit of the giggles.

She'd drawn someone with their butt hanging over the edge, and, er, pooping into the water. And found that hilarious.

Yeah, uh... no.

It wasn't all that long ago I was posting here that my 10 y/o daughter had drawn a picture of the Mayflower, then brought it to me, pointing at a particular spot and saying, "Look, it's the poop deck" and then bursting into a fit of the giggles.

She'd drawn someone with their butt hanging over the edge, and, er, pooping into the water. And found that hilarious.

I remember that picture - it was hilarious!!! :lol:

my 8 yr old son has learned to "arm pit fart" and has been saying POOP and other bodily function words/sounds all week---drives me crazy---he will go into a giggling fit and seems like it just won't stop.......I can soooo relate...I'm hoping he'll grow out of it.....but then again---boys LOL :glare:

Oh, you're talking about a SON. Nope, it never ends. ;):lol:

It still amazes me that my kids laugh when we're out in public or on a farm and they see an animal poop. Seriously? We have three dogs, three cats, and a WHOLE FARM FULL OF POOP. We see it DAILY. Why is it so funny to watch someone else's animal poop? I don't get it.

Let's see, dh is 45... so I'm thinking no. ;)

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. While my dh doesn't use potty talk, the guys he works with do. I can't tell you the number of times I have called only to be told dh "is not available because he is dropping the kiddies off at the pool." Goodness! Just say he is in the restroom!