Menu

A dark, depressing, &/or Serious thread...

This thread is turning out neither dark nor depressing. It's barely even serious. Come on, people! ;)

Actually...let's omit the depressing option. Of course, that would omit "death" as a topic for *some*... :lol:

If you want a non-serious look at death check out www.webcomic.com A story told in Legos that includes Star Wars, Harry Potter, Steve Irwin, Indiana Jones Knockoffs, Mythbusters, Nazis, and several Deaths. Plus some other stuff.

Hey, I'm due on Halloween too. I really hope the baby comes early or late, I don't want it to have a birthday on the same day as Halloween. Not that I have anything against Halloween, it's just that it's already going to be a crammed full fun day and I don't want to add anything more to that.

Can you imagine being 21-25 and having a birthday on Halloween? I bet it wouldn't be hard at all to find people to go out and party with. If that's your thing. It was mine for awhile. My birthday is Dec 21. It was hard to find people who wanted to hit the bars that close to Christmas. That's what I get for not going to college and having all my close friends be 8-12 years older than me. :tongue_smilie:

ETA: Oh yeah, controversy..um I discussed Halloween and recreational drinking. Am I covered?

I was born on Halloween. You're absolutely correct about getting passed over. I never had a single birthday party growing up....I went trick-or-treating. The 21-25 thing? Yeah, you nailed that one too.

So, no party on your birthday, your whole childhood....is THAT depressing enough for this thread? :D

Geo

Edited by Geo

So, no party on your birthday, your whole childhood....is THAT depressing enough for this thread? :D

Geo

Did you make up for it in your early 20's? :lol: I can imagine how hard it would be to have a party on that day. That would be depressing. At least my birthday fell around Christmas break, so if people were in town I could have some type of party. Mine wasn't on a holiday, so I didn't have that issue anyway.

21. Halloween babies should be termed Reformation Day babies.

I go to an Orthodox Christian church. That would be an interesting choice for me! :tongue_smilie:

What girls are wearing to the prom these days. I just saw some pictures a friend posted of her (terrified looking) son, his friends and their dates. Those poor girls looked like they could trawl for dates on the streets of Vegas. Short, short, short dresses and cleavage that make this aging hippy (did I just write that about myself? I'm a cliche!). I'll try again, cleavage that would make this lipstick feminist blush. Those "dresses" wouldn't look good on anyone, and they make these beautiful sweet girls look hideous.

What girls are wearing to the prom these days. I just saw some pictures a friend posted of her (terrified looking) son, his friends and their dates. Those poor girls looked like they could trawl for dates on the streets of Vegas. Short, short, short dresses and cleavage that make this aging hippy (did I just write that about myself? I'm a cliche!). I'll try again, cleavage that would make this lipstick feminist blush. Those "dresses" wouldn't look good on anyone, and they make these beautiful sweet girls look hideous.

How timely that you say that. I was just a minute ago looking at a site that sells modest prom (and wedding) gowns for LDS. I'm not LDS, but I love the dresses on that site! They are beautiful and - get this - they have TOPS! I know, right? They actually cover the chest. The dresses are pretty pricey, but I already have it tabbed as a place to reference when dd needs a formal dress.

Free-range parenting.

Selling workbooks after you zerox what you need.

Putting holds on library books with all the kid's cards so no one else can check them out but your family for months on end.

Using apostrophe's incorrectly ;)

Hanging the t.p. the wrong way!!! (In, not out!)

ps I joined a CSA and the farmers has an open house (open field?) for all the newbies - he got his agriculture degree and did study abroad in Scotland...and wears a khaki KILT (nice cooling breeze when doing work in the field, I guess.)

WHERE'S THE PIC? (Of the kilt, of course.....)

Yes.. where is it? :001_huh:

The numbering seems to be a bit off, ladies..

So I'm going to pick a random one

34. Sheltering your dc

;)

And 35. An utterly depressing state of affairs - there is no chocolate in my house.

The numbering seems to be a bit off, ladies..

So I'm going to pick a random one

That's Numberwang!

(There's perhaps only one person around who will get the reference.)

That's Numberwang!

(There's perhaps only one person around who will get the reference.)

I looked it up on the ever popular and oh so correct Wikipedia.

42, no wait, that means something entirely different...

212. Computers and TVs- In the bedroom, out of the bedroom, in the family room, in the kitchen, in the bathtub?

397. DS deciding to homeschool for 9th instead of accepting the position in an International Baccalaureate High School 3 blocks from our house. (Well, it was controversal to my Master's in Education next door neighbor!)