Menu

Did anyone else have a joyful Easter?

:seeya:

Us.

Here.

In spite of all the construction still going on and the back breaking pace we are accomplishing things so the house goes on the market this Friday, my diagnosis of Lyme Disease yesterday, and the general disarray of alot of things in our house, we had a blessed day!

Praise G-d!

We did. Our congregation enjoys breakfast together (no Sunday School) before worship. Worship was wonderful (I'm still humming Sing Choirs of New Jerusalem). And we had a lovely day with my family playing games the kids got in their Easter baskets (Set, Bananagrams, and The Very Hungry Caterpillar game).

He is risen, indeed! What a glorious God we serve :)

Wonderful.

Weekend started with my college son surprising us and walking in the door at 2:15 a.m. :001_smile: I was up.

Yesterday was filled with all the Resurrection Day prep: grocery shopping, baking, ironing everyone's shirts/dresses (somehow I found that strangely satisfying). And my prep for teaching Sunday School.

Today: worship, pictures, family over, great dinner, egg hunt. Though I'm not normally a morning person, I greeted each of my kids with "Good morning! He is risen!" Loved hearing my youngest sleepily reply, "He is wisen indeed."

Lisa

We had a lovely day! I had my side of the family (my sisters, bil, brother, my mom & sdad, my dad, my aunt, cousins) over, and everyone brought something to share. It was so nice! The sun was beautiful. We spent a good deal of the time outside and on the porch. I could not have hoped for better.

We had a good day. Ds19 joined us for dinner. Lots of people in church, including a dear man who was baptised as an infant but called himself an atheist for year--after attending Alpha (Nicky Gumble's course from the UK), has started coming to church.

I'm learning to find joy outside of circumstances--there is no greater joy than Easter for me!

Ours was great - church from sunrise to noon as our boys were in the student performance part (with breaks). Breakfast at church with friends. A nice sandwich lunch at home. Free time out in the sun reading and watching ponies graze. Roast lamb for supper. Our traditional watching of the Storykeepers and Veggie Tales Easter videos. More free time relaxing.

I love holidays! It's nice having today mostly off too. Middle son is reading an essay at our American Legion tonight (due to winning an essay contest there), but that's the only thing planned on our schedule. The guys are still sleeping in.

Then tomorrow it's back to "normal." I'll be at work by this time tomorrow.

Awesome!

The Day of resurrection,

Earth tell it out abroad...

The Passover of gladness

The Passover of God!

From death to life eternal

From earth unto the sky

Our Christ has brought us over

With hymns of victory!

Church at 8:30, Easter breakfast with the congregation during the Sunday School hour, Second service at 11 (oh well), watching the babies do the Easter egg hunt at 12. Home to decorate the table and snack. Hiking in God's glorious creation. Home again for Easter dinner--lamb, potatoes, asparagus, fennel/artichoke salad, goat cheese/almond bars, chocolate silk pie. A glorious day!

The only thing we didn't do that we normally do is plant something. We bought some citrus trees to plant, but I decided that as we intend to put them in front of the house, we should live with them in those spots in their cans for a while to make sure we really want them where we will put them. I meant to at least put some gourd seeds in pots, but it slipped my mind.

Edited by Carol in Cal.

Yes. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to travel to be with family like I had hoped, but we had a wonderful holiday at home. I took the girls to a neighborhood egg hung on Sat. Then the "bunny" hid some eggs and baskets at our house, so we did that in the morning before church. We had a gorgeous service and an egg hunt after too. I had the meal completely prepped and we had a feast ready when we came home from church. This was the first time that this happened. I had the potatoes in the crock pot, the ham warming in the oven, the cake made, and the rolls ready. All I had to do was put the rolls in the oven and cook the veggies. We ate within an hour of getting home. There were afternoon naps for those interested (dh and I) and bubbles and plastic eggs to play with for the girls.

And did I mention, there was LOTS of chocolate to be shared.

We had a lovely day. We slept in and went to the late service (the pastor asked that about half the people who usually go to the mid-morning service go to the late one on Easter to make room for visitors). The music and message were powerful and encouraging. Lunch at church (we go to a big church that has its own cafeteria), then a lazy afternoon. Cookout for dinner, then we picked up a friend of ds's and went out for ice cream.

Wendi

It was a wonderful day despite the fact that my cold was just awful. But, it didn't matter a lick because my estranged niece brought her fiance and their beautiful 7 month old baby girl to Easter dinner. He was receptive to the family, and she - for the first time in years - threw her arms around me, kissed me on the cheek, and then topped it off by handing that bundle of love to me even though I was not feeling well. Niece is turning into a wonderful mother and she's embracing her family again. Sweet, sweet reconciliation. I can't think of a better theme for an Easter Sabbath.

Faith

It was a wonderful day despite the fact that my cold was just awful. But, it didn't matter a lick because my estranged niece brought her fiance and their beautiful 7 month old baby girl to Easter dinner. He was receptive to the family, and she - for the first time in years - threw her arms around me, kissed me on the cheek, and then topped it off by handing that bundle of love to me even though I was not feeling well. Niece is turning into a wonderful mother and she's embracing her family again. Sweet, sweet reconciliation. I can't think of a better theme for an Easter Sabbath.

Faith

That is wonderful. It is great to see young people getting their act together.;)

our day couldn't have been more perfect! We did not go to church as we have had HORRIFIC church experiences and have decided not to try church again. But we still, nonetheless, had a WONDERFUL day.

We went to Old Sturbridge Village in MA for brunch and then toured the grounds for the remainder of the day. Brunch was delicious and we all just had a SUPERB day. It really was perfect!!! We ended with a delicious Mexican dinner.

We're thinking that we'll try Plymouth Plantation for Thanksgiving this fall. I've always wanted to do that!

I am glad so many have finally talked about the good times. When I logged on last night and saw threads about how badly so many peoples day went and that it seemed nothing good had happened to anyone I thought we needed to share the good.:001_smile:

:001_huh: I didn't see that!

I used to get so sad around the holidays. They just haven't been the same since my parents passed away. Now oldest is about to leave and I just have so much on my mind. Christmas about had me suffering a breakdown last year. I decided things have GOT to change. Getting out of the house is exactly what we needed! We're all still talking about how much fun we had yesterday.

We're already making plans for Christmas. We're thinking of a quaint little bed and breakfast in the White Mountains, a place where we can either have two connecting rooms or a cottage. I think I've finally found a way to look forward to holidays again, to cehebrate instead of focusing on emptiness and loss.

My family used to annoy us so many times, in fact sometimes they were just AWFUL. I sure do miss them now, though.

We had a wonderful Easter. We don't go to church, so we decided to cook all kinds of yummy things that we don't normally have time for. We made Quiver's cinnamon rolls, a cheese cake, lasagne, and strawberry short cake. We also played some family games.

I gave away most of the left over sweets today. We decided next time we do that, we need to schedule more active time. We were way too full!

Guest Katia

Yes, I had a wonderfully joyous Easter!

I wasn't sure at firs that we would, because this is the first year that two of my kiddos have been away from home for Easter.......so it was just me, dh and my adult ds.

But, we had a wonderful time together. Dh did the church breakfast, Sunday school, fellowship time and church service. I slept in and just went for the church service. So, we were both happy.

Ds came over, and dh cooked lamb chops in a Balsamic reduction, steamed asparagus, and mashed faux-tatoes. Fresh pineapple for desert.

Then, we visited and talked and planned a trip/vacation together. It was a simple but amazing time of family, sharing and love.

Thanks for asking! I, too, enjoy reading these 'good' Easter experiences.