Menu

Book a Week in 2011 - Week Thirteen

Happy Sunday! Today is the start of week thirteen in our quest to read 52 books in 52 weeks. Welcome to everyone who is just joining in, welcome back to our regulars and to all who are following our progress. Mr. Linky is all set up on the 52 books blog to link to your reviews. The link is in my signature.

52 books blog - L is for linky love: Sharing some links to some authors I've discovered, debut and new to me. They all have great and interesting blogs as well.

Two challenges happening in the blogosphere for spring: Katrina's "Spring Reading Thing" and Stainless Steel Droppings "Once Upon a Time" challenge reading fantasy, folk tales, fairy tales and mythology.

Happy Sunday! Hope the weather has calmed down a bit where you live and perhaps you are getting some sun today. I'm tired of getting drenched. The sun is supposed to make an long engaged appearance any day now. :)

What are you reading?

I finished Island of the World. This one will stay with me forever, and I am so much richer for having read it. At points it was so intense, so heart wrenching, I had to set it down for a day or two. It’s an incredibly gorgeous book, and I can’t recommend it enough. Here is a just a small sampling of my favorite quotes:

The world is ruled by anxious mothers! (My kids liked this one, too.)

Children are the fruit of love./ The natural habitat of children is the family./A human civilization is a community of such sanctuaries. /Our civilization will be reborn only as a community of sanctuaries.

Food is soul-currency.

Whenever Josip tries to explain it to others, they merely regurgitate the info-bites that television news has given—a nation of the impressionable controlled by impressionists.

Life without coffee is not life—this is a lie, he knows, but one he can live with.

Can a dwelling place without books ever truly be a home?

Life itself is the great surprise, and all that is within it is an unpacking of subsidiary wonders.

For truth without mercy is not truth, and kindness without truth is not mercy.

I also finished The Great Divorce. Every time I read C.S. Lewis I hear the sound of great ideas whooshing right over my head. Still I always glean, and I especially gleaned from his distinction between good mother-love and defective mother-love. I will have to read it a hundred more times before I begin to grasp some of the things he’s talking about. I listened to about 1/3 with CDs, read 1/3 with a book, and 1/3 both (meaning I’d listen to it, and then go back and read it again.) I really don’t like audio.

This week I’m reading Hard Times by Dickens.

Books Finished in 2011:

1. Glamorous Powers - Susan Howatch (4/5 stars) 1/7

2. City of Man: Religion and Politics in a New Era - Michael Gerson and Peter Wehner (5/5 stars) 1/15

3. That Distant Land: The Collected Stories - Wendell Berry (4/5 stars) 1/27

4. Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl Written by Herself - Harriet Ann Jacobs 1/28

5. The Scarlet Pimpernel - Baroness Emmuska Orczy RA (4/5 stars) 2/2

6. The Warden – Anthony Trollope (4/5 stars) 2/5

7. Death of a Red Heroine – Qiu Xiaolong (3.5/5 stars) 2/9

8. Listen – Rene Gutteridge (3/5 stars) 2/21

9. Trusting God - Jerry Bridges (5/5 stars) 2/27

10. Remembering – Wendell Berry (4/5 stars) 3/2

11. Island of the World – Michael O’Brien (5/5 stars) 3/25

12. The Great Divorce – C.S. Lewis 3/26

Currently Reading:

13. God is the Gospel – John Piper

14. Hard Times – Charles Dickens

15. Gone With the Wind – Margaret Mitchell RA

Edited by Luann in ID
formatting, links

I just finished reading "Hush Money" by Susan Bischoff. Mix teenage angst with special talents such as mind reading, being able to move things with your mind and makes for an interesting story.

In week 7 of The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron and just picked up The Vein of Gold to start when finish this one. This week I'll be reading "Heart of Deception" by M.L. Malcolm. A sequel to Heart of Lies. Also reading "Lord, Teach Me to Pray in 28 Days" by Kay Arthur. Some times you just need a refresher course.

James and I just finished "Harry Potter and Order of the Phoenix." Not sure what we are going to read next.

Edited by Mytwoblessings

I finished Island of the World. This one will stay with me forever, and I am so much richer for having read it. At points it was so intense, so heart wrenching, I had to set it down for a day or two. It’s an incredibly gorgeous book, and I can’t recommend it enough.

Congratulations on finishing it! I've added it to my wish list.

I haven't finished any this past week but I am in the midst of Huckleberry Finn and 'E=MC2' by David Bodanis. I am also inhaling Ann Voskamp's 'One Thousand Gifts.' I know some don't like her writing style but, from where I am sitting right now, it is breath taking and soothing for me.

Still reading:

#20 - Sundays in America: A Yearlong Road Trip in Search of Christian Faith, by Suzanne Strempek Shea.

Not sure how I feel about this book. The writing is good, moves quickly, is honest in her perceptions and beliefs, and yet . . . an indefinable *something* is missing for me.

Haven't decided what I will read next.

I finished Island of the World. This one will stay with me forever, and I am so much richer for having read it. At points it was so intense, so heart wrenching, I had to set it down for a day or two. It’s an incredibly gorgeous book, and I can’t recommend it enough. Here is a just a small sampling of my favorite quotes:

The world is ruled by anxious mothers! (My kids liked this one, too.)

Children are the fruit of love./ The natural habitat of children is the family./A human civilization is a community of such sanctuaries. /Our civilization will be reborn only as a community of sanctuaries.

Food is soul-currency.

Whenever Josip tries to explain it to others, they merely regurgitate the info-bites that television news has given—a nation of the impressionable controlled by impressionists.

Life without coffee is not life—this is a lie, he knows, but one he can live with.

Can a dwelling place without books ever truly be a home?

Life itself is the great surprise, and all that is within it is an unpacking of subsidiary wonders.

For truth without mercy is not truth, and kindness without truth is not mercy.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I agree, this is an amazing book.

13. Robert Musil, Young Torless. Eithne Wilkins & Ernst Kaiser, Tr.

A strange and frightening novel about the intellectual and psychological development of a young man caught up in sadistic bullying at a boarding school. A bit as if Proust had written Lord of the Flies. The more chilling for having been written in Germany in 1906.

Excerpt:

'Yes, it isn't so easy to work that out. We must humiliate him still more and make him knuckle under completely. I should like to see how far it can go. The question is only how to do it. Of course I have one or two rather nice ideas about it. For instance, we could give him a flogging and make him sing psalms of thanksgiving at the same time -- it would be a song well worth hearing, I think -- every note covered with gooseflesh, so to speak. We could make him bring us the filthiest things in his mouth, like a dog. Or we could take him along to Bozena's and make him read his mother's letters aloud while Bozena provided the suitable kind of jokes to go with it. But there's plenty of time to think about all that. We can turn it over in our minds, polish it up, and keep on adding new refinements. Without the appropriate details it's still a bit of a bore, for the present. Perhaps we'll hand him right over to the class to deal with. That would be the most sensible thing to do. If each one of so many contributes even a little, it'll be enough to tear him to pieces. And anyway, I have a liking for these mass movements. Nobody means to contribute anything spectacular, and yet the waves keep rising higher and higher, until they break over everyone's head. You chaps just wait and see, nobody will lift a finger, but all the same there'll be a terrific upheaval. Instigating a thing like that gives me really quite particular pleasure.'

On to Goethe's Faust, Part 1. Kind of have a German thing going on right now.

Today, I finished Twelve Fingers (one of my picks from Robin's 'Choose a Book by its Cover' challenge). If you're looking for a book about an Inspector Clouseau-ish, 12-fingered, (wannabe) assassin in a modern, picaresque novel, this is the book for you. :lol:

I'm still working on Thor Heyerdahl's Fatu-Hiva.

Books read in 2011:

The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag

People Die

Three Ways to Capsize a Boat

The Perfect Man

Food Rules

Empress Orchid

Sister Pelagia and the Red Cockerel

A Voyage Long and Strange

All the Names

When We Were Orphans

Her Fearful Symmetry

Meeting Faith: The Forest Journals of a Black Buddhist Nun

The Guinea Pig Diaries

13, rue Thérèse

The Transformation of Bartholomew Fortuno

Twelve Fingers

Every time I read C.S. Lewis I hear the sound of great ideas whooshing right over my head.

This made me chuckle. This was me with Surprised by Joy. I'll have to try it again now that I'm older and wiser.

I've been caught up in the world of Pride and Prejudice this week. From another thread here I found out about a trilogy by Pamela Aidan that tells the events from Darcy's point of view. This week I read An Assembly Such As This and enjoyed it quite a bit. Then I decided it was high time to introduce my girls to the A&E P&P production with Colin Firth (they loved Mrs. Bennet. I loved Colin Firth!). I checked my library on the computer and they had the other two books of the series on the shelf, except that when I got there, someone had checked out the third book hours ahead of me! So it's not due back until April 20th and I don't think I can wait that long. I am reading book 2 now, Duty and Desire, but have already peeked ahead and this one takes place entirely between the events in Hertfordshire and the events at Rosings (i.e. no Elizabeth Bennet). Yesterday I ordered the third book used from Amazon and hope it doesn't take too long to get here. Then last night I re-read my favorite parts of P&P. I've got it bad.

Still have Where the Red Fern Grows in progress. 2011 so far:

2011 Reading List

18. An Assembly Such As This-Pamela Aidan

17. Left Neglected-Lisa Genova

16. Classics in the Classroom-Michael Clay Thompson

15. True You-Janet Jackson

14. The Samurai’s Garden-Gail Tsukiyama

13. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet-Jamie Ford

12. God’s Middle Finger-Richard Grant

11. Kristin Lavransdatter-I: The Wreath-Sigrid Undset

10. The Housekeeper and the Professor-Yoko Ogawa

9. A Lucky Child-Thomas Buergenthal

8. Three Cups of Tea-Greg Mortenson

7. Run-Ann Patchett

6. The Red Queen-Philippa Gregory

5. Agnes Grey-Anne Bronte

4. The Daughter of Time-Josephine Tey

3. Mythology-Edith Hamilton

2. Phantom Toll Booth-Norton Juster

1. Her Fearful Symmetry-Audrey Niffenegger

Posting just to celebrate finishing History of the Ancient World! Snoopy dancing over here! On to bigger and better: Herodotus' Histories. Nah, I don't bite off more than I can chew, do I?

Also trying to read Eleanor of Aquitaine by Allison Weir and Museum of Innocence by Orhan Pamuk. So glad the Pamuk book finally came out in English. DH loved it and I've been waiting to read it!

I think we have the same taste (Howatch, Island of the World). Do you want to recommend any more for me?

I'm working on the newest Jan Karon (In the Company of Others) right now .... Do you like her? I have to admit writing in brogue drives me crazy (what with the sounding it out then translating it), but it is pretty good so far.

I'm working on the newest Jan Karon (In the Company of Others) right now .... Do you like her? I have to admit writing in brogue drives me crazy (what with the sounding it out then translating it), but it is pretty good so far.

I do like Jan Karon very much, but I haven't even finished her older ones. Thanks for the reminder.

I haven't done much reading the last two weeks. Life has been busy. There has been March Madness basketball on. And the book I was reading (one my dd wanted me to read) took a while to get into. I finally finished it last night - "The Candlestone" by Bryan Davis. It definitely picked up about mid-way. It is the second in the Dragons in Our Midst series. Dd and her friends have all read and loved these books and she has been on me for a year or two now to read them. I'm still trying to figure out how well I like them. I like my fantasy to not be set in modern times, that may be what's got me hung up :001_smile:

We are heading into our last two months of our Jane Austen Lit Study with dd and her friends so in the next two months I will be reading "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" and "Pride and Prejudice" and finishing up "Jane Austen for Dummies," "What Jane Austen Taught Me About Love and Romance," and "Miniatures and Morals." I don't know if I'll have time for much else.

Books in 2011

"The Candlestone" by Bryan Davis

"Emma" by Jane Austen

"Turtle in Paradise" by Jennifer L. Holm

"It's a Jungle Out There!" by Ron Snell

"Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian" by Rick Riordan

"Remarkable Creatures" by Tracy Chevalier

"Stardust" by Neil Gaiman

"The Diamond Throne" by David Eddings

"Adam and His Kin" by Ruth Beechick

"Persuasion" by Jane Austen

"The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner" by Stephenie Meyer

"The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" by C.S. Lewis (carried over from 2010)

"Mansfield Park" by Jane Austen

"Enchantment" by Orson Scott Card

Bible Books in 2011

Nehemiah

Ezra

Job

Genesis

Haggai

Museum of Innocence by Orhan Pamuk. So glad the Pamuk book finally came out in English. DH loved it and I've been waiting to read it!

I will be curious to hear your review. I read Pamuk last year for the first time ("My Name is Red"). Have you read other works by him? If so, are there any you specifically recommend?

I am really in a slump...my e-reader is in the shop and I am curriculum researching. I re-read through my dog-earred WTM this week...and me and Major Pettigrew are still working through his Last Stand...OY!

I finished reading the Wind in the Willows to my littlies. I LOVE this book! It is so literarily rich. the sentences are like music.

I am now also reading Stories of the Greek Heroes to my kiddoes.

Faithe

I'm reading The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins, which is one of my all-time favorite books. Also read The Imagineering Field Guide to Disneyland.

March's reading list:

30. Beethoven's Hair

31. The Provincial Lady in London

32. Survival of the Prettiest

33. Radical Homemakers

34. Murder at Teatime

35. The Imagineering Field Guide to Disneyland

36. The Moonstone

I do like Jan Karon very much, but I haven't even finished her older ones. Thanks for the reminder.

LOL ... starting to get a little creepy. If you tell me you generally prefer non-fiction to fiction, but you're on a string of fiction right now ... and that you really like reading Educational-Philosophy, I'd think we're long lost twins LOL

LOL ... starting to get a little creepy. If you tell me you generally prefer non-fiction to fiction, but you're on a string of fiction right now ... and that you really like reading Educational-Philosophy, I'd think we're long lost twins LOL

I think we're safe. I generally prefer fiction. But, I do enjoy books on educational philosophy.

This week I’m reading Hard Times by Dickens.

I really like this one. Dh and I are huge Dickens fans. We also love the A&E/BBC versions of these. Very nicely done. Very true to the story.

Today, I finished Twelve Fingers (one of my picks from Robin's 'Choose a Book by its Cover' challenge). If you're looking for a book about an Inspector Clouseau-ish, 12-fingered, (wannabe) assassin in a modern, picaresque novel, this is the book for you.

:lol:

I've been reading on Ayurveda

I really want to start reading up on this more also.

my e-reader is in the shop and I am curriculum researching.

This is worrying. I didn't ever think that they would break or need repair work. :confused: Oh well, silly me, of course they would eventually. I had just never considered it.

I've just started Little Bee. Not sure what I think of it yet :confused:. Quite disturbing and painful so far. It's one of those books where I won't know if I like it until the very end, I think. As some of you may know, for me, ending is everything.

bee_paperback.jpg

With the dc, we're still reading the same books. I cannot stand long chapters for read-alouds :glare:. Both of our books have very long chapters.

Still reading The Time Garden which is a nice and entertaining way to include some history :D.

As well as Just William - an absolute blast and I love doing all the accents :D. I grew up watching this series on TV in Britain. I didn't even know that this was a book series, until someone here mentioned them. :)

I really want to start reading up on this more also.

I've found the beginnings of the books interesting. I like the organisation, I guess. There is structure, but it isn't one size fits all. The later parts of the book tend to make me feel like taking them back to the library unfinished. How much damage can an asparagus do to a person anyway? :lol:

I've just received the Gabriel Cousins book Peela recommended, so that's next on the list after my library books are finished. I'm looking forward to that.

:)

Rosie

I've found the beginnings of the books interesting. I like the organisation, I guess. There is structure, but it isn't one size fits all. The later parts of the book tend to make me feel like taking them back to the library unfinished. How much damage can an asparagus do to a person anyway? :lol:

Rosie, which Ayurveda book are you reading? I don't think you mentioned it yet. ;)

I do agree w/you. Many years ago, I think one of those books told me that I shouldn't eat persimmons (which I love and might get to eat once every few years, if that). I can't understand how much damage that could do.

I've just received the Gabriel Cousins book Peela recommended, so that's next on the list after my library books are finished. I'm looking forward to that.

I'd love to read this one also. It's on my wish list. Unfortunately, no good library here. I have to buy all my books. Not fun at all.

Still going along slowly, but I did finish Nurse! Nurse! by Jimmy Frazier. That was a good book, but I am REALLY sick of good stories that have to include filthy language!!!:angry:

Still working slowly on Robinson Crusoe, and I'll start something new for me -- don't know what, yet.

21. Nurse! Nurse! (Frazier)

20. Usborne True Sea Stories

19. Usborne True Stories: Crime and Detection

18. You Want Me to Declaw WHAT?! (Toia)

17. Before My Heart Stops (Cardall)

16. The Deadly Dinner Party (Edlow)

15. Across the Red Line (Karl)

14. All My Patients Have Tales (Wells)

13. Ten Days in a Madhouse (Bly)

12. Heaven is For Real (Burpo)

11. Silas Marner (Eliot)

10. Doctor of the Heart (Rosenfeld)

9. White Fang (London)

8. Ask The Animals (Coston)

7. Call of the Wild (London)

6. The 7 (Beck)

5. Rogue Wave (Moriison)

4. Mockingjay (Collins)

3. Catching Fire (Collins)

2. Hunger Games (Collins)

1. Tales of An African Vet (Aronson)

Well, I finished Clash of Kings and then went insane.

Consequently, I have now read through, I Am Ozzy for no reason I can fathom and am now almost finished with Rush Limbaugh, An Army of One by Zev Chafets. Both were incredibly readable and oddly, I enjoyed them very much.

I am now thinking of a reading challenge to read through modern history using biographies and books like Panama Fever, Tulipomania and such. If I can find the time to put it together. Thinking it would be grand to do it with my high schooler next year as a course and add in movies and documentaries.

I finished Radical by David Platt. My review is here (cc).

This week I'm reading Unbroken by Laura Hillebrand. It's a WWII POW story which is not my typical genre. It was on Amazon's top 100 for 2010 and I've been pulling from that for some titles that take me out of my comfort zone. We'll see how it goes.

Edited by luvnlattes

Well, I finished Clash of Kings and then went insane.

Consequently, I have now read through, I Am Ozzy for no reason I can fathom

:lol:

I am now thinking of a reading challenge to read through modern history using biographies and books like Panama Fever, Tulipomania and such. If I can find the time to put it together. Thinking it would be grand to do it with my high schooler next year as a course and add in movies and documentaries.

That sounds really cool & fun. If you do something like that, would you post your reading list? Pretty please? :D

Posting just to celebrate finishing History of the Ancient World! Snoopy dancing over here!

:party:Feels good to finish those big ones, eh? I did the same dance when I finished Montaigne. :001_smile:

I've started Bringing Up Geeks and so far I'm not getting anything out of it. I guess because the author is preaching to the converted. So far, I'm already doing everything she's recommending to do. There are a couple points that don't mesh with me. First, is that she praises Chanel One in schools. I do not. Unless Chanel One has changed and no longer runs commercials I am against it. Second, she recommends subscribing to a newspaper. Well, I'm not going to, and I have my reasons. She discusses the importance of children knowing about current events, but I don't completely agree. There is so much negative and I'd rather my kids not have to know and deal with all the negative in the world at this time in their lives. *I* even avoid the news because I don't handle the negative well. She does talk about sheltering our kids from negative events, but a few pages back she mentions discussing newspaper articles with kids and gives the example of asking a child, "Did you read about the robbery down the street?" Left me looking like this....:001_huh:. Talk about contradiction.

I'll finish it though and see if I get anything from it.

I'm still behind for the year, but I did finish book 9 The Grey King and book 10 Silver on the Tree this week to complete the Dark is Rising sequence by Susan Cooper. On the plate for this week is The Hawk that Dared not Hunt by Day by O'Dell and The Prince and the Pauper by Twain.

My list for the year:

10. Silver on the Tree by Cooper

9. The Grey King by Cooper

8. Greenwitch by Cooper

7. The Dark Is Rising by Cooper

6. The Lark and the Laurel by WIllard

5. Over Sea, Under Stone by Cooper

4. Watership Down by Adams

3. Otto of the Silver Hand by Pyle

2. Lose 200 Pounds This Weekend by Adler

1. The 5000 Year Leap by

Posting just to celebrate finishing History of the Ancient World! Snoopy dancing over here! On to bigger and better: Herodotus' Histories. Nah, I don't bite off more than I can chew, do I?

Also trying to read Eleanor of Aquitaine by Allison Weir and Museum of Innocence by Orhan Pamuk. So glad the Pamuk book finally came out in English. DH loved it and I've been waiting to read it!

For what it's worth, librivox has an audio of The Histories. :) They helped my dd read along for Omnibus.

I am really in a slump...my e-reader is in the shop and I am curriculum researching. I re-read through my dog-earred WTM this week...and me and Major Pettigrew are still working through his Last Stand...OY!

I finished reading the Wind in the Willows to my littlies. I LOVE this book! It is so literarily rich. the sentences are like music.

I am now also reading Stories of the Greek Heroes to my kiddoes.

Faithe

Oh I love your description of Wind in the Willows, I adore that book.

I finally finished The World of Columbus and Sons (Foster)! I think I'll be shelving this book for 8th grade, instead of using it for 3rd as originally planned.

Now, I'm beginning to read The Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I'm embarrassed to admit that I never read the books beyond Little House in the Big Woods. While my childhood friends adored these books, I prefered Nancy Drew. After all, the Little House books were so much like the way we lived! :D The Nancy Drew books were exciting and *different*! Well, I digress...

My ds loves the Little House books, they are listed in the AO Free Reading, and, well, I've moved back to Wisconsin. Time to read them! :lol: I've begun with The Little House in the Big Woods, and am enjoying it so much more than I did as a child. :) I plan to read through the whole series.

Thanks, Rosie. Right now, I really want to read up more on Ayurveda.

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

I really, really miss these books. Wish I could find more books like this. I loved the storyline. Yes, he did tend to go off topic at times, etc. But I love the excitement behind all the books. I love this sort of book that I can't put down.

He was partway through the 4th book when he died of heart failure - 12 cups of coffee and 3 packs of cigarettes a day. One day the office elevator wasn't working. He went up 7 flights of stairs and died of heart failure once he got to his office. Sad. He planned to write 10 books in this series.

I love how Grenada is described in his 2nd book. Very accurate description. He used to visit here frequently.

We just finished Juan de Pareja as a read aloud. I am reading My Family and Other Animals and Spark. We'll see which one I finish for next week :001_smile:

1: Graceling

2: Voyage of the Dawn Treader

3. A Single Shard

4: The Fiery Cross

5: A Season of Gifts

6: Otto of the Silver Hand

7: A Proud Taste for Scarlet and Miniver

8: Harry Potter

9: Watership Down

10: Master Cornhill

11. A Breath of Snow and Ashes

12. Catherine Called Birdy

13. Shadow of the Bull

14. I Juan de Pareja

I finished Thor Heyerdahl's Fatu-Hiva tonight.

Wow, what an amazing & fantastic book! I absolutely loved it.

Even though he first went on his year-long adventure/trip to Fatu-Hiva in 1936-37 (and wrote the book in Norwegian in 1938), it wasn't translated, expanded, and republished until the 1970s. Even so, the book feels as fresh, riveting, & awe-inspiring as if you were on the island with him today. Many of his messages are eerily apropos for today's world. It's not just an adventure book; the book outlines some of his musings on the world, discussions of 'progress' and civilization, man vs. nature, etc.... In addition to being a scientist (mainly anthropology)/adventurer, he is a wonderful writer (as far as being able to write beautifully & lyrically, paint vivid pictures, etc...).

I rarely keep books that I read, but this one will be remaining on the shelf (hopefully for my dc to read when they're a little older). Definite thumbs-up from me. :thumbup1: Great book, imo.

Books read in 2011:

The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag

People Die

Three Ways to Capsize a Boat

The Perfect Man

The Abyssinian

Food Rules

Empress Orchid

Sister Pelagia and the Red Cockerel

A Voyage Long and Strange

All the Names

When We Were Orphans

Her Fearful Symmetry

Meeting Faith: The Forest Journals of a Black Buddhist Nun

The Guinea Pig Diaries

13, rue Thérèse

The Transformation of Bartholomew Fortuno

Twelve Fingers

Fatu-Hiva

Edited by Stacia

I just finished River Marked by Patricia Briggs which I enjoyed.

I got this one too. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Love the series.

Wow, I've read a total of 3 books this year. :glare: I should probably get to reading.

Keep plugging away.

I just realized April starts tomorrow and I read one book this month. I usually read at least 2 to 3 a week. Don't know what happened.