Menu

As a Mom, I wonder

I have had that same thought. I will tell you that my ds (about to be 13) has shown improvement in this area. My dd (10) will get a new roll out and leave it within easy access of the next user.

I want to know why I am the only one who can see an overflowing garbage can.

why I am the ONLY one that can replace the empty toilet paper roll!

I've left the roll empty for days, just to see if anyone had developed a skill in tp management. Alas, that skill must not be in the DNA that my kids have.

Someone suggested to me that I get a European tp holder so you just have to slip a new roll on rather than use a spring loader.

In our house, the empty toilet paper roll is like a golden ticket!!!

They make horrible creations out of trash with these things.

They are so in demand (4 children) that I will find a pile of toilet paper on the floor and a fresh roll on the wall ready to be used, just so that an empty roll can be colored and glued and taped into "something"

No.... my toilet paper roll changing problems are the complete opposite!!!

Lara

Because if someone else does it, they will put it on WRONG!! And then you will have to take it off and put it back on again the RIGHT way. :D

-Bonnie (who should be seeking counseling for her OCD tendencies)

Because that's just the stinking way it is, lady.

:tongue_smilie:

And you are likely the only one who can turn off a light, close a drawer or cupboard door, and pick up your own darn underwear off the floor.

Right?

(please say yes because I've been at an impasse for too many years to be doing it all on my own.)

Recently, I thought of making a list titled "I am an important member of my family because . . . " and including all these items. :001_smile: Plus, "I am the only one who knows how to reshelve books" and "I am the only person who knows where the scotch tape is".

I am assuming you have a very complicated toilet roll holder than only someone with "Mom" in their title is qualified to operate. Our new house has a holder that allows the toilet roll to be replaced with one hand, and the new rolls are kept in an open bag on the floor next to the toilet. I am thrilled to inform you that this system can be operated by both children and husbands.

Unfortunately, only Mom is qualified to bend down and pick up the empty rolls which take refuge behind the toilet... I might have to invest in a bin - but then I'd have to empty it!

And you are likely the only one who can turn off a light, close a drawer or cupboard door, and pick up your own darn underwear off the floor.

Right?

(please say yes because I've been at an impasse for too many years to be doing it all on my own.)

Naw, I leave all the lights on! Some for days at a time!

But darn-it, I do have to pick up my own drawers!

Right?

You are not alone!! I think moms have a special kind of vision that allows only them to see this stuff.

Why am I the only one who can tell if the dishes in the dw are clean, even when the green light is on?

So true. Although, dh gets a pass because he is color blind and can't tell if the light is on. The children on the other hand.....