Menu

A small update and small prayer request....

I had maintenance chemo on Jan. 3, felt fine Tuesday, a little tired on Wed. and then it hit me on Thursday. Thursday was my 46th birthday and for the most part, it was a good day. Things fell apart around 3:30 until about 5:00 when I got sick on my stomach. In that amount of time, I had five birthday calls that I couldn't even take. What a bummer! I'm glad that usually by Monday or at least by Wednesday of the week after chemo, I begin to feel at least half way decent. I didn't send out a prayer request about the Jan. 3rd chemo because I knew everybody was getting back into the normal routine, but I have learned that I won't do that again. This last chemo was the second worse one and I really believe it's because I didn't have the prayer support backing me. Your prayers are so important and are a treasure to our family!

Now for the prayer request. When I had the port put in back in November, I have had a scab that just has not wanted to heal. I've left it alone, but it fell off the other day and left a hole in my chest. It looks just like a BB gun shot me. I went to the doctor on Tuesday and they tried to steri-strip it together, but by this afternoon, that had come off. I returned to the doctor this afternoon and now I'm on an antibiotic. I'm suppose to clean the area with sterile saline a few times a day and come back next Friday. Since there is infection at the site, which is near my port, I'm asking for prayer that the infection will clear up and not get under the port. If it doesn't clear up and goes under the port, we have to have the port removed and start over again. So, please pray that the site infection clears up and doesn't go under the port.

Thank you so much for your faithful prayer support even for the small things!

Blessings,

Molly for the rest of the family

Edited by MJN