Menu

Vote for best Christmas movie

Not a poll, because I'd leave somebody's favorite out. (And it would be fil's--A Christmas Story. Blech.)

Anyway, I'm putting my vote in for We're no Angels. Humphrey Bogart & some dry, homicidal humor are right up my alley. And while dh *says* he'd vote for Die Hard (any of them) & I wouldn't actually mind, well...I'd leave his off of a poll, too. Hehehe. Because I'm like that. ;)

The Nativity Story.

That's my favorite too. I watch it every year. It makes me cry. I also love Charlie Brown Christmas, the Grinch, Christmas story and the new Christmas Carol movie that Disney did this year. I find it mesmerizing. And of course it's a wonderful life! Gotta love Jimmy Stewart. I also liked Fred Clause, but I love Paul Giamatti. :)

I know it's been said, but It's a Wonderful Life is our favorite. My DH and I watch it every Christmas Eve.

The other mandatory shows in our house are Charlie Brown Christmas, The Grinch (cartoon), Mickey's Christmas Carol, and Garfield Christmas.

The kids also really like The Santa Clause. Elf is another regular around here.

I can't say what's the best, but I love these....

"A Christmas Carol" with George C. Scott

"Miracle on 34th Street" remake with Elizabeth Perkins and those other people who I can't remember their names (why I remember hers of all people, I have no idea)

"White Christmas"

Same, but I prefer the original Miracle on 34th Street.

I don't think I can vote (because if I did I'd probably vote for Elf. Or It's a Wonderful Life, sentimentally)...but you know one movie that I always forget is sort of a Christmas movie is The American President. I loves me some Aaron Sorkin. I'm going to put it on my Netflix queue now.

I don't think I can vote (because if I did I'd probably vote for Elf. Or It's a Wonderful Life, sentimentally)...but you know one movie that I always forget is sort of a Christmas movie is The American President. I loves me some Aaron Sorkin. I'm going to put it on my Netflix queue now.

Oh, good, I needed something to watch tomorrow night while I knit. :D

Don't make me start a "We're No Angels" thread. Somebody at least say they've seen it. :bigear:

The Grinch is also good. I love knowing I have a kindred spirit somewhere. :D

I watched this movie many times when I was on a Bogart kick. I haven't seen it in years though.

I love Christmas in Connecticut! It's on my watch-every-year list!

Every year we watch an eclectic bunch of movies:

It's a Wonderful Life (for dh)

The Shop Around the Corner

Christmas in Connecticut

The Polar Express (it annoys us but we get sucked in anyhow)

The Ref

Christmas Vacation

Home Alone

Die Hard

The Year Without a Santa Claus (mainly for the Heat and Snow Misers, lol)

A Christmas Story

Elf