Menu

I am not missing the homeschooling days.

I had kids home from school sick today. They decided that the best places to hang out would be mom's office. So today, I have accomplished - absolutely nothing! But I have heard 50 songs I didn't know. :001_smile:

I'm just :confused: about your title. Why would you say such a thing on a homeschooling message board?

I'm just :confused: about your title. Why would you say such a thing on a homeschooling message board?

:iagree: I have been interested in, learned from, and even defended posts in the past that described the transition from hs to ps, personal experiences and observations. But this one is really unnecessary and could easily be construed as rude.

No offense, but why are you still here?

I've been wondering that about all the former homeschoolers who are still here despite the fact that they are no longer homeschooling any of their children. As a homeschooling mother, I come here to get support for homeschooling. I don't feel so supported in homeschooling when I'm reading lots of posts from people who put all their kids school for whatever reason.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't put your kids in school if you feel that's what's best for them. Just that maybe you should now be frequenting a public school support forum.

I've been wondering that about all the former homeschoolers who are still here despite the fact that they are no longer homeschooling any of their children. As a homeschooling mother, I come here to get support for homeschooling. I don't feel so supported in homeschooling when I'm reading lots of posts from people who put all their kids school for whatever reason.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't put your kids in school if you feel that's what's best for them. Just that maybe you should now be frequenting a public school support forum.

I wonder the same thing. I just find it odd.

Back the truck up, guys! All she's saying is that by not having a school routine today, things were disorganized and she got nothing done. I'm sure that when she did homeschool that things were not like that because there is routine, but it is easy to forget.

That would make sense. Although her title was what caught me because it infers that the homeschooling days were as she described today.

This is a unique board, people form friendships with the other posters and most of the topics discussed on the general board aren't directly about homeschooling. I wouldn't want any poster to leave just because they no longer homeschool, but I don't like seeing people discouraging others who are still homeschooling, KWIM? I don't think this thread was started with the intent to discourage anyone though, but I'm not sure what response she's looking for.

I guess she posted this because she homeschooled for like a million years and has been here forever and has somehow earned the right to come and laugh a bit about how having the kids home for one day has filled her head with pointless pop tunes.

Sheesh. Lighten up, people. :chillpill:

It's not a big deal to me, really. It just made me curious.

There are real friendships formed here. I'm glad Kidshappen is here, along with the other veteran homeschoolers on this board.

There are real friendships formed here. I'm glad Kidshappen is here, along with the other veteran homeschoolers on this board.

And I'm glad for a place where I can go as a homeschooler and not feel mocked for my choices. I know she is a long time member and that might somehow earn her the right to say whatever she wants in your eyes but I do hope she was somehow being sarcastic or something.

:)

And I'm glad for a place where I can go as a homeschooler and not feel mocked for my choices. I know she is a long time member and that might somehow earn her the right to say whatever she wants in your eyes but I do hope she was somehow being sarcastic or something.

Maybe one of her DCs got her password and guerrilla posted? :001_smile:

I guess she posted this because she homeschooled for like a million years and has been here forever and has somehow earned the right to come and laugh a bit about how having the kids home for one day has filled her head with pointless pop tunes.

:iagree:

I don't like the way people are referring to her as "she". If you have something to say, say it directly to her.

If anyone feels mocked or discouraged, maybe that's your perception as opposed to being the fault of the title and opening post of this thread. Look in the mirror. Consider whether it is National PMS Day. Thin-skinned people and internet forums don't mix well.

I will say this, directly to her: You are one of the nicest, most helpful, knowledgeable people here, and I have happily participated with you on these forums for a looooong time. I hope that continues in the future, because I would miss you a lot if you disappeared.

Edited by RoughCollie

No one said she can say whatever she wants. She is not mocking anyone. Calm down.

Back the truck up, guys! All she's saying is that by not having a school routine today, things were disorganized and she got nothing done. I'm sure that when she did homeschool that things were not like that because there is routine, but it is easy to forget.

Thank you. That's is exactly what I was trying to express. It was meant to be a somewhat lighthearted expression of frustration that was obviously poorly conveyed. I have to admit that I am totally shocked by the responses though. :001_huh: Wow. I guess I could understand if I was a new and unknown poster but since I am well known, almost universally supportive and many are familiar with my posting style I guess I expected lighthearted support in return. I have been here long enough to know that I am not the only person who has ever had a bad day. :confused:

KidsHappen -- My mom had my three little kids all day today because I'm recovering from the terrible stomach flu. :tongue_smilie: I was home ALL ALONE for the first time in, oh, maybe six years, LOL. And it was soooooooo peaceful. I actually slept half the day. When the kids came in, I had to reorient myself to them again, after even only a half day! No pop tunes, though.

I hope your sick kids are feeling better soon! Did they have the stomach flu, too? It's a doozy, let me tell you. I have been knocked out for days, and only now can handle toast or an egg. Blech. Hope they all feel better.

Thank you. That's is exactly what I was trying to express. It was meant to be a somewhat lighthearted expression of frustration that was obviously poorly conveyed. I have to admit that I am totally shocked by the responses though. :001_huh: Wow. I guess I could understand if I was a new and unknown poster but since I am well known, almost universally supportive and many are familiar with my posting style I guess I expected lighthearted support in return. I have been here long enough to know that I am not the only person who has ever had a bad day. :confused:

Girl, we got your back! :grouphug:

Thank you.

Sorry I questioned you 'out loud'. I didn't mean to start a war (and I'm sure you didn't either LOL). I am having a brain foggy day, and humor isn't necessarily translating via the internet for me.

I will say this, directly to her: You are one of the nicest, most helpful, knowledgeable people here, and I have happily participated with you on these forums for a looooong time. I hope that continues in the future, because I would miss you a lot if you disappeared.

Sorry you've had one of those days, we all get them. I feel like my weekends are similar, when Dad's home the whole day things always get unstructured, too much testostorone in the house! I just don't think everyone is familiar with you on this board yet and being a Monday moods can be fragile.

Well, to start a thread with "I am not missing the homeschool days" on a homeschool site is really ASKING for a response, which is not likely to be ALL positive, given this IS a homeschool support site with thousands of members. When I first read her post before anyone had replied my first thought was "Oh boy, this is NOT going to be ALL good" given the poor choice of words. It seems a little unreasonable to expect "I am not missing the homeschool days" to not elicit some kind of response other than " I hear you" from a homeschool board. That's just not realistic. :lol::lol::lol:

If she meant something else, than that something else has to be put into words right from the START on a MESSAGE board or it will not be known by everyone. It seems ridiculous to me to scold homeschoolers on a homeschooling message board for thinking that saying "I am not missing the homeschool days" is a little out of place. It's really a little unfair. There is no way that everyone is going to be familiar with each and every other poster on a board with thousands of members.

It seems to me that making a comment that rings of bad mouthing homeschooling in general is bad manners on a homeschool board. :tongue_smilie:

Get mad at me if you want, but that's just common sense. :lol: