Menu

I need a new Mom purse. :) Any suggestions?

Haiku Bags... available on Zappos and at stores like REI... I have both the "Grab" (really tiny) and "To-Go" bags (bigger - lots of compartments).

Well made and stylish.

ETA: Last year, I brushed up against a shocking blue-frosted cupcake at a Halloween party. The really greasy grocery store bakery frosting got all over my purse. When I got home, I easily washed it off with a cloth and a bit of dish soap. The bags are not leather, but a man-made (I think recycled) leather-like material that is really wear-resistant.

I'm more the sporty kind of gal, nothing to froofy.

Any suggestions on a purse than can go the extra mile, withstand stickys and washings, not too big or small, has a couple pockets even the lightest little's fingers can't find, but still looks nice?

I have a Jockey tote bag (a couple actually). They're big enough to be a purse/diaper bag combo, which works perfectly for me.

Any suggestions on a purse than can go the extra mile, withstand stickys and washings, not too big or small, has a couple pockets even the lightest little's fingers can't find, but still looks nice?

:lol: and a math program that is spiral and incremental and topical all at the same time

I'm the same way AND I wear mostly black or charcoal grey.

I like the Vera Bradley Hipster and Mailbag styles.

Which is why it's CRAZY that :iagree: with MSPolly and my absolute favorite go to bags are the VB Hipster and Mailbag. They have lots of pockets and they're washable.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/Product.aspx?baseno=80116&cdf=SimilarProduct

I recommend extra-small or small unless you need something more of a diaperbag/purse combo.

Video: http://www.invodo.com/Ameribag-Healthy-Back-Bag/p/CJTY93JL

Another vote for Healthy Back Bags. They come in four sizes' date=' and several different fabrics. I have always had nylon, and they wash beautifully. They have a gazillion pockets that are very well organized, and can be easily accessed without looking, while you're still wearing the bag (once you learn the lay-out).

Actually, if you count the Baby Bag (I had one of those, too!), they have five sizes. I like the medium. It's not [i']too[/i] big, but can be loaded when you need it. It zips open down the side, so it's easy to access even the things at the bottom. I've been known to stand a fountain drink on top of my wallet -- it doesn't tip or spill or even get squashed! It's also great for a change of clothes, or a bag of popcorn, or any number of uses. :)

Love my Healthy Back Bags!

I get them from ebags.com

I've also seen them in LLBean catalogs.

Edited by Suzanne in ABQ

Do you ladies really spend that much on a purse?? I go to Target and get something I like and hate spending more than $30. Sometimes I hate spending even $20. I rarely have that much money in my purse so why spend that much on a purse?

Maybe I just don't get it.

I have, because I keep a purse forever. I bought a Coach leather purse about 15 years ago, and that thing held up like it was made of iron. I stopped carrying it after 5 years, so even though it was a $200 purse, it only cost me $40/year, and I could have used it for longer if I'd wanted. Still, I wouldn't spend that much now. I have other priorities and my budget doesn't support it.

Do you ladies really spend that much on a purse?? I go to Target and get something I like and hate spending more than $30. Sometimes I hate spending even $20. I rarely have that much money in my purse so why spend that much on a purse?

Maybe I just don't get it.

I bought a VB hipster for less than $20 ($18 maybe?) and a mailbag for about $24.

They regularly have sales and clearances and lots of patterns to choose from.

:)

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=39926

This is supposed to be good, but I've never seen it. I sell Avon, (not online) and I have wanted one, but I don't like to spend much on my purses, either!

I bought 2 purses a few years ago. One because I liked it (cost me $12) and the other because it came with a 'wallet' that I liked (cost me $8). They were on clearance at JCP

Okay, this in no way meets your requirements, but I am still going to throw it out there and encourage you to think outside the box. I have a bag very similar to this one:

http://asianideas.com/chchto.html

I picked it up several years ago at a kiosk in Animal Kingdom at Disney World, near the Asian section. Mine is zippered across the top and possibly bigger than this one. I did not carry it for a couple of years after I bought it, but once I did, I started racking up comments from total strangers. Seriously, every time I take it out for any length of time, people come up to me and comment on it. Men, women, Caucasian, Chinese, kids, adults, they all have commented on my purse. It is the only cool thing I own (I am so uncool that I let it languish in my closet for 2 years before I even recognized its coolness), and I carry it with everything.

Terri

Haiku Bags... available on Zappos and at stores like REI... I have both the "Grab" (really tiny) and "To-Go" bags (bigger - lots of compartments).

Well made and stylish.

ETA: Last year, I brushed up against a shocking blue-frosted cupcake at a Halloween party. The really greasy grocery store bakery frosting got all over my purse. When I got home, I easily washed it off with a cloth and a bit of dish soap. The bags are not leather, but a man-made (I think recycled) leather-like material that is really wear-resistant.[/quote

Ooo very cute.

Oh, I forgot! I like a lot of the Baggalini purses and bags. They were designed by flight attendants! lol Here's one I like: http://www.travelsmith.com/jump.jsp?itemID=14341&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C292%2C327&iProductID=14341&sortBy=0

the organization in this one would certainly be easier while juggling a 1 yo and holding the hands (wrists) of a 4 and 5 yo. :D

I HATE carrying a purse and was so thankful when my youngest was out of diapers so I didn't have to carry a bag around. However, my mil got me this bag last year for Christmas and I LOVE it! Mine is all black, so I have used it for everything but the most formal events. It fits an amazing amount of stuff. Generally I carry: a small notebook, some pencils and pens, my wallet, keys, sunglasses, a compact umbrella, an iTouch, cell phone, mints, tissues, cough drops, migraine meds, and lip balm. With all this, I still have plenty of room for little extras that I pick-up along the way and my rather bulky camera when I don't feel like carrying my camera bag around. I also love that the strap is highly adjustable so that I can make it a shoulder bag or comfortably (i.e. not digging into my neck) carry it across my body if I'd like. I also like the oversized, magnetic-close flap; I can toss the bag around and nothing falls out... I almost never zip it shut.

ETA: Forgot to mention that the outside pocket is just the right size for a diaper and a zipper bag with some wipes. I ended up babysitting a little girl and needed to be able to carry a diaper with me after all. :)

Edited by Tutor

Here's my TOP TWO practical bags:

1. First place for me is this from Land's End, it's only 11x15 widthxheight, so I've found it PERFECT for an all-purpose purse. ($40)

http://www.landsend.com/pp/DoitallDiaperBag~213834_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::CLN&CM_MERCH=IDX_00018__0000002451&origin=index

2. As un-froofroo as they get...(no wonder it's less than $15). (of course you don't have to get the camo one!).

http://www.amazon.com/Heavyweight-Classic-Messenger-Bag-Olive/dp/B0002CKD1M/ref=pd_sbs_a_3

Edited by MaryElizabeth

I got a purse sized backpack, I had wanted to try one for a while, and it's perfect!

It's much more convenient than a normal purse. (I looked for a purse backpack, they were in style a few years ago, but apparently they are not in style anymore, so I just bought a tiny backpack and use it as a purse.)

I have both my hands free when out now!

(I'm not a purse type of gal, I wouldn't even have a purse if I didn't have to carry an epi-pen with me. I used to keep everything in my pockets before I developed food allergies that require me to carry an epi-pen.)

I love that little Bayliss bag. I have been wearing a little Coach cross-body purse for the last 2 years. I love having my purse on me and not having to worry about setting it down.

Lots of cute purses on this thread. I'm probably going to get a purse for Christmas. I thought I wanted one of the Fossil cross-body bags but now I'm really liking these sportier bags.

I got this for Christmas last year & could not be happier:

http://www.purses.org/shared/viewPro...1Hf7ZHUftL.jpg

It's the Vera Bradley Miller bag & it is huge and perfect for 2 in cloth. It has 6 big interior pockets so I can fit 2 of the big insulated sippies, my BIG aquafina waterbottle, my wallet, my 'first aid kit', and still have an extra interior pocket for whatever. And there is a nice sized outer pocket as well for keys/phone/wallet/etc. I have both kids a change of clothes, 4 pockets, 2 fitteds + a pair of spare longies in the middle part. And then I can still throw in Jackets & blankets, mail or random stuff from the car as necessary. I also have a roll of tp in there at the moment because I got tired of fighting with those Tiny Kleenex packs with two snotty noses!!

They can be expensive but I was able to justify it because it's beautiful & something I'll be able to use for years after the babies are out of diapers.

HTH!!