Menu

If anyone wants to join me for a drink....

I'm about to pour some Merlot... from 2000... hope that was a good year!

I'd rather have rum and coke, though...

But, that's not happenin'...

And, since I am drinking my calories, I wont munch, but thanks everyone! Sounds like one tasty go-around!

know what's CRAZY? My bf of 35 years is coming out on Saturday and I feel like doing jello shots with her!!!!!!!:001_huh: Dh laughed when I told him. I don't know why this popped into my head, but I just feel like it's a craving I'm going to have to satisfy. It's probably been nearly three decades since I've had them!

So I'll bring jello shots, beer to chase them down, and some crab dip with crusty bread. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

We were driving on the Alaska Hwy at night...

It was "snow ice foggy" and dark. We noticed some moose in the middle of the road ahead, so we slowed down... way down.

We crept along in the van at about 3-5 mph and we were surrounded by at least 20 moose. They were bedding down beside the road and it was simply amazing.

Don't know how "strange" that is...

I am in Texas, and I was about to get on the freeway, and I saw a male peacock walking on the access road.

I saw three chickens walking along the shoulder of I-10. We're in Metro Phoenix :confused:

you two are cut off. Clearly you drank too much. Have a couple slices of bread, take two Advil and go to bed. Be sure to leave one foot on the ground.

:lol:

you two are cut off. Clearly you drank too much. Have a couple slices of bread, take two Advil and go to bed. Be sure to leave one foot on the ground.

:lol:

:smilielol5:

BTW I'm not leaving until I get some of that crab dip. Maybe you can drive me home and I'll hold it for you?

know what's CRAZY? My bf of 35 years is coming out on Saturday and I feel like doing jello shots with her!!!

Oh, goodness. That reminds me of one of my sister's dates.

It was her birthday so I was meeting her, her boyfriend and one of her new co-workers at a bar for appetizers and jello shots.

Most of us had a great night. Everyone, in fact, but her boyfriend (a guy none of her friends and family liked). She appeared to be so much happier visiting with her new co-worker, and he treated her so kindly--unlike her boyfriend.

She and the boyfriend broke up soon after and she started dating the co-worker. Two years later they were engaged.

At her bachelorette party we ran into the former boyfriend and he asked what she was celebrating. When she told him about her upcoming wedding his eyes narrowed and he said, "You're marrying *that guy* aren't you?"

That co-worker, her husband of 20 years now, is one of my favorite people in this world, and we often talk about our affection for the jello shots that night. :D

I'll bring some Salt and Pepper Kettle Chips and some Helluva Good Bodacious Onion dip. Num, num.

Okay, can we play a party game? I need some ideas for my NaNoWriMo novel.

What's the strangest thing you've seen while travelling on a highway? Please include what part of the country you were in and what type of roadway you were on. Thanks!

Traveling north on US 23 between Ann Arbor and Brighton, MI I saw a naked man standing up on a hill off the highway. He was quite jaunty, with his hand on his hip and one leg thrust forward as if Madonna's 'Vogue' was going through his head, "strike the pose!". :tongue_smilie:

know what's CRAZY? My bf of 35 years is coming out on Saturday and I feel like doing jello shots with her!!!!!!!:001_huh: Dh laughed when I told him. I don't know why this popped into my head, but I just feel like it's a craving I'm going to have to satisfy. It's probably been nearly three decades since I've had them!

So I'll bring jello shots, beer to chase them down, and some crab dip with crusty bread. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

:lol: Jello shots! Wow, that's a blast from the past! Do it up, girlfriend!

Oh, goodness. That reminds me of one of my sister's dates.

It was her birthday so I was meeting her, her boyfriend and one of her new co-workers at a bar for appetizers and jello shots.

Most of us had a great night. Everyone, in fact, but her boyfriend (a guy none of her friends and family liked). She appeared to be so much happier visiting with her new co-worker, and he treated her so kindly--unlike her boyfriend.

She and the boyfriend broke up soon after and she started dating the co-worker. Two years later they were engaged.

At her bachelorette party we ran into the former boyfriend and he asked what she was celebrating. When she told him about her upcoming wedding his eyes narrowed and he said, "You're marrying *that guy* aren't you?"

That co-worker, her husband of 20 years now, is one of my favorite people in this world, and we often talk about our affection for the jello shots that night. :D

Great story!

(ETA This is sparrow's quote, I goofed it up, sorry)

Traveling north on US 23 between Ann Arbor and Brighton, MI I saw a naked man standing up on a hill off the highway. He was quite jaunty, with his hand on his hip and one leg thrust forward as if Madonna's 'Vogue' was going through his head, "strike the pose!". :tongue_smilie:

I'm thinking we now know who REALLY hit the jello shots....!

You gals have seen all kind of wild animals on the road!

Mmmmmm, crab dip...:)

Remuda, what's the strangest thing you've seen while out riding a horse?

Do you really want to know???? Ok, the last time I was out in my pony cart I saw MY TWO SIXTEEN YEAR OLD BOYS STOPPED BY THE SHERIFF FOR SPEEDING.

No kidding. When I drove by I shouted "Shame on you!!! I would have thought your momma raised you better!!!"

The cop had no idea they were my boys............This was ONE WEEK after they got their licenses.........

Do you really want to know???? Ok, the last time I was out in my pony cart I saw MY TWO SIXTEEN YEAR OLD BOYS STOPPED BY THE SHERIFF FOR SPEEDING.

No kidding. When I drove by I shouted "Shame on you!!! I would have thought your momma raised you better!!!"

The cop had no idea they were my boys............This was ONE WEEK after they got their licenses.........

OMGosh! :lol::lol::lol:

I bet your kids were mortified! That is hilarious!

So when they got home, did you beat 'em or just laugh at 'em?

OMGosh! :lol::lol::lol:

I bet your kids were mortified! That is hilarious!

So when they got home, did you beat 'em or just laugh at 'em?

I'm laughing now. But when they got home I ranted at them until my brains pored out of my ears. Didn't help that I'd been telling them all week to slow it down.

I told them I would have beaten them about the head and face, but for the fact that they are so much bigger than me.

They should be very glad they are much bigger than me, and thankful that I have a shoulder that pops out of joint at inconvenient times.

I'm laughing now. But when they got home I ranted at them until my brains pored out of my ears. Didn't help that I'd been telling them all week to slow it down.

I told them I would have beaten them about the head and face, but for the fact that they are so much bigger than me.

They should be very glad they are much bigger than me, and thankful that I have a shoulder that pops out of joint at inconvenient times.

And I guess they had to pay their own fines? That hurts when you're 16. Heck, that hurts at any age - my last speeding ticket cost $310.

And I guess they had to pay their own fines? That hurts when you're 16. Heck, that hurts at any age - my last speeding ticket cost $310.

Would you believe that he only gave them a warning????

I was so disappointed. I told them that someone had probably reported them, and if I had thought of it I would have reported them myself.

Nothing like a supportive mom, huh?

What's the strangest thing you've seen while travelling on a highway? Please include what part of the country you were in and what type of roadway you were on. Thanks!

A hand written sign in front of a Mexican restaurant that read "Midgets For Sale". No, really.

Also, I'll bring some guacamole and pineapple juice to go with the rum - it is healthy if it has fruit juice in it! :D

In Breaux Bridge, LA, same place where the cops actually stopped Willie Nelson for possession of pot, I saw a guy taking a dump next to an exit sign. No one stopped that guy, but they stopped Willie Nelson. (Where is the head shaking smilie?)