Menu

What's your favorite "bad" movie?

So, what is our criteria for a bad movie?

I guess I feel like there's two kinds of bad movies.

1) Good bad movies, like The Happening

2) Bad bad movies, like Showgirls (can you say "Jazz hands"?) :)

I love them all.

Except for Shakes the Clown.

How about Killer Klowns From Outer Space, that one was awful!

I forgot about Night of the Comet, I can just imagine how well that one held up. It seemed so good at the time. :tongue_smilie:

I guess I feel like there's two kinds of bad movies.

1) Good bad movies, like The Happening

2) Bad bad movies, like Showgirls (can you say "Jazz hands"?) :)

I love them all.

How about Killer Klowns From Outer Space, that one was awful!

I forgot about Night of the Comet, I can just imagine how well that one held up. It seemed so good at the time. :tongue_smilie:

I remember Killer Clowns from Outer Space. That movie really is bad, no way around it!

Did anyone see Harry and the Hendersons. I love that movie. It's about bigfoot.

I love campy movies, especially Science Fiction ones. I love Tremors, Soylent Green, Deep Impact, Poseiden Adventure. The Day After Tomorrow was DH and I's first date. :D All those movies they play on Saturday and Sunday afternoons on the SyFy Channel. I love Escape from NY too. Then there's the XMen movies, especially Wolverine.

Calling Breakfast Club a terrible movie!?!? That's blasphemy. Breakfast Club is an amazing, wonderful, uplifting movie. One of the greatest ever made. :D

I liked the Proposal but I'm a big fan of Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. Not such a big fan of Jennifer Lopez (except maybe Enough). Gigli is one of the few movies I had to just turn off - I couldn't stand it.

But, probably my favorite really BAD movie is.....Grease 2. What can I say, Michelle Pfeiffer singing, how do you beat that?

SOYLENT GREEN!!!:001_wub:

I hope that's on Netfix instant watch.

The Warriors.

It's almost mpossible today to believe that, after this campy gang movie with its painfully amateurish acting was released in 1979, it was blamed for a rash of gang killings. It is a bad, bad, good movie.

But it gets extra points here on TWTM forums, I hope, for being the only movie version ever made of Xenophon's Anabasis. Rumor has it that there will be a straight version of the Anabasis coming out in 2011; but it will have big shoes to fill.

Finally, I will watch The Cutting Edge any time I see it's on TV :blush:.

Oh my goodness, YES! I LOVE this movie still!

I don't think I've ever seen Ladyhawke, but in mentioning it to dh, he said, "GREAT movie!"

Remember the Breakin' movies? I used to love those... I saw one recently, and it was BAD! (Yet, still fun to watch.) :blush:

I'm drawing a blank, but I agree with others that the following are not bad at all: Breakfast Club, Pretty Woman, Dirty Dancing, Sixteen Candles.

Dead Alive (I believe it was released as Braindead outside of the US). It's a Peter Jackson film before he became "Peter Jackson, director of LOTR" fame. Horrible, disgusting, over the top gore and hilariously written!
Yup. But I can't watch Meet the Feebles again. It's probably the most disturbing movie I've ever seen.

I love them all.

:lol:

I think I'm the only one who likes it. :D It's Florence Henderson's finest work.

Oh, and how could I forget Penn & Teller Get Killed?

Probably Dirty Dancing. My bigger shame, though, is that I really like movies aimed at teens. Bring It On, Save the Last Dance, etc. :leaving:

:iagree: Don't forget Step Up 1 & 2 :D

I agree with others that the following are not bad at all: Breakfast Club, Pretty Woman, Dirty Dancing, Sixteen Candles.

:iagree: Totally agree

I remember Killer Clowns from Outer Space. That movie really is bad, no way around it!

Did anyone see Harry and the Hendersons. I love that movie. It's about bigfoot.

My dad loves these, and still watches them every now and then.

Add to that list, Howard the Duck. :001_rolleyes:

which reminds me, Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead is truly bad but CLASSIC!! I'm right on top of that Rose

Ooh! I forgot about that one! I'll have to add that to my Netflix list, if they have it.

I'm going through a "watching bad, old movies" phase, so this thread came just in time, LOL. I just recently watched The Man with One Red Shoe, Bad Girls (remember that one with Madeline Stowe, Drew Barrymore, Andie MacDowell, and Mary Stuart Masterson?), Shag (with Bridget Fonda and Pheobe Cates), and Jumping Jack Flash.

Phoebe Cates... that reminds me... anyone remember Date With an Angel? :D

These are really, really bad, and I don't usually admit to anyone that I like them, but.... I love those teeny-bopper dance and cheer movies like Save the Last Dance, Center Stage, and Bring it On. :blush:

I can find something redeeming pretty much all the movies listed that I've seen. Too many to list.

Unfortunately I can't at this moment remember the name of the only truly bad movie I ever watched. I kept watching it, waiting for the turning point. When it ended I was gobsmacked because I really wanted the movie to be good at some point so I could say I hadn't totally wasted 2.5 hours of my life.

Hopefully the name will come to me before this thread dies.

We also love The Princess Bride. Not sure these count as "bad"--although I don't know that anyone else in the world would admit to liking them--but here are a few that we all watch pretty much every time they're on television, although we haven't bothered to Netflix them:

Secondhand Lions

True Grit

Sergeant York

Dh likes Conan, the Barbarian and others like that. I absolutely LOVE all the cheesy Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks movies and others like them.

OK some of these movies people are listing are mainstream movies that were extremely popular when they were released.

If a movie or an actor in it won an oscar for that movie then it doesn't count IMO.

True Grit and Sergeant York both won Oscars. Those are great movies everyone loves.

Edited by Sis

OK some of these movies people are listing are mainstream movies that were extremely popular when they were released.

If a movie or an actor in it won an oscar for that movie then it doesn't count IMO.

True Grit and Sargeant York both won Oscars.

I think it has to be some sort of cult classic, super-cheesy or universally panned movie to qualify as a bad movie.

Another Ladyhawke lover here...

There's a movie which I thought was hilarious, completely hilarious, yet noone else around me thought it was the least bit humorous. I cannot remember the title of it, but one of the main characters had the name Puggy. Any takers? And it had that Stanley guy in it...off to google....

ETA: Big Trouble, that was it!

Probably Dirty Dancing. My bigger shame, though, is that I really like movies aimed at teens. Bring It On, Save the Last Dance, etc.

Dirty Dancing came out when I was a freshman in college. I actually saw it in theatres (and about 500 times since then since I own it on video tape and dvd). :blushing:

I love the teen cheer and dance movies but I blame it on my oldest. I have to go see them with her since she's too young to go to the movies alone with friends. ;) Although sometimes it's a little embarassing to be drooling over the same guys. Embarassing to me when its Channing Tatum, embarassing to her when it's Johnny Depp (he's MY age). :D

Ooohh... Night of the Comet! I forgot about that one.

I also love The Day After Tomorrow, Sphere, and The Haunting.

Another one that I'll watch when it's on TV is Roadhouse. Patrick Swayze and Sam Elliott in the same movie.

QUOTE]

Love all these. Roadhouse was just on tv the other day and DH said he thought it was one of the all time great movies.

A Knight's Tale is kinda cheesy.

I mean who expects Queen at a jousting contest?

I thought the totally out-of-place soundtrack was one of the best things about this movie.;) How about doing a round dance to David Bowie?

Finally, I will watch The Cutting Edge any time I see it's on TV .

Me too!

which reminds me, Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead is truly bad but CLASSIC!! I'm right on top of that Rose

Yes!! I love this movie. Watch it every time it's on television.

I can't believe so much got added to this thread while I was sleeping. I need to start making a list of movies to get on Netflix. :D