Menu

What's your favorite "bad" movie?

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has a thing for B quality movies! :D

I blame my mother, who probably watches an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie once a month (for the last 25 years).

The guys at Blockbuster (closed now, of course), told me I was their #1 customer for cheesy movies. :lol:

What can I say, I LOVE armageddon and disaster movies.

Deep Impact

Poseidon Adventure 1, 2, and re-make.

Tremors... and killer insect/snake movie

I'll even sit through Razzie movies like Gigli, and The Proposal. Those I admit were painful to watch. But hey, I'll watch almost anything while folding laundry at 1am.

In my defense, I'm a movie feind. I love all types of movies and I think I ultimately have great taste when it comes to a real film. :001_smile:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who wonders how much The Day After Tomorrow is too much!

:bigear:

i love all of the terrible 80's movies. funny farm. baby boom. say anything. breakfast club. sixteen candles. the list goes on and on.

as for "the proposal", i thought that was hysterical! but then again, my husband and i love napoleon dynamite, the cable guy, and dumb and dumber. i'm easily entertained:D

I love campy movies, especially Science Fiction ones. I love Tremors, Soylent Green, Deep Impact, Poseiden Adventure. The Day After Tomorrow was DH and I's first date. :D All those movies they play on Saturday and Sunday afternoons on the SyFy Channel. I love Escape from NY too. Then there's the XMen movies, especially Wolverine.

Calling Breakfast Club a terrible movie!?!? That's blasphemy. Breakfast Club is an amazing, wonderful, uplifting movie. One of the greatest ever made. :D

I liked the Proposal but I'm a big fan of Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. Not such a big fan of Jennifer Lopez (except maybe Enough). Gigli is one of the few movies I had to just turn off - I couldn't stand it.

But, probably my favorite really BAD movie is.....Grease 2. What can I say, Michelle Pfeiffer singing, how do you beat that?

Calling Breakfast Club a terrible movie!?!? That's blasphemy. Breakfast Club is an amazing, wonderful, uplifting movie. One of the greatest ever made. :D

:iagree:

Ladyhawk.:D Totally cheesy, but I love it. I also really liked Clash of the Titans when I was a kid, even though it was awful.

h)

But, probably my favorite really BAD movie is.....Grease 2. What can I say, Michelle Pfeiffer singing, how do you beat that?

No way! This is MY favorite bad movie. James Bond just rolls his eyes when I watch it. Yes, I own it. I want a cool rider!

JB and I like The Proposal too. It was..cute. Plus, Ryan Reynolds, naked? Yes, please!

I know I'm not allowed to say this, but Rocky Horror Picture show (see..I'm embarrassed to admit it, and my mom and MIL would be slapping my hand fiercely if they saw this post), but ONLY until the appearance of Dr. Frank-N-Furter, then it all became a little too odd for me.

This is Spinal Tap

Harold & Maude.

I know I'm not allowed to say this, but Rocky Horror Picture show (see..I'm embarrassed to admit it, and my mom and MIL would be slapping my hand fiercely if they saw this post), but ONLY until the appearance of Dr. Frank-N-Furter, then it all became a little too odd for me.

:lol::iagree: Yes! This! I was about to hang my head in shame and admit my undying love for this movie--up until the last third or so. I'm going to go see a stage production next week in Chicago. And. Um. I'm taking my 18 year old college freshman with me. I've sunk so low!!!! (I will not be in costume, however!)

I will also add Roller Boogie starring Linda Blair. Fine film.

Beth

Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Have you see the Riff Trax version, it's hilarious.

I don't think this is a bad movie, but it classified that way sometimes. Reign of Fire with Christian Bale. 5.8 stars at IMDB. I love this movie, it's like watching a medieval war against a dragon and then they pop in a modern military.

Get out of here! Me, too! I wasn't sure anyone else on the planet had ever heard of it! Not really.

Why do I like that movie so much?

Ladyhawke is a good little film... almost perfect (for what it is), if not for its jarringly inappropriate score.

So, what is our criteria for a bad movie? Some of the ones on this list I wouldn't say are bad movies. They may not be deep and thought provoking, but I wouldn't say they are bad. And then... there are some "critically acclaimed" movies, etc. that I thought were trash. I saw "The Saint" on there and I enjoyed that one. I love chick flicks like "When Harry Met Sally" and "Sleepless in Seattle". I saw "Baby Boom" on this list and I loved that one, too. I wouldn't say it was a "bad" movie. It was just light and cute. Some people might say "Airplane" was a bad movie, but I thought it was hilarious. I also loved, "Monty Pythons's Search for the Holy Grail", which had horrible acting and cinematography, but was hilarious, too!

Ladyhawke is a good little film... almost perfect (for what it is), if not for its jarringly inappropriate score.

Oh, please tell me about the music...I have to say I haven't watched the movie in eons and don't remember it.

This is one of our favs..and we never considered it cheesy LOL LOOVE it!

Me, neither. Although, in my hearts of hearts I probably know it!

:iagree:Ds and watched the movie earlier this year. He would break into a disco at certain points.

Oh, please tell me about the music...I have to say I haven't watched the movie in eons and don't remember it.

It's 80s techno music. You know it's a medieval movie, you expect orchestral music, but no, you get a synthesizer. :lol:

I thought of another one. Accepted with Justin Long. This is the perfect movie for those who follow a non-traditional academic path. :D Despite the abundant use of the word SH!+ though out the movie, it has THE BEST monologue ending ever.

I loved Lady Hawk... I was just a teen back then and really liked it... I had no idea it was a "bad" movie until years later when I re-watched it with my girls (they really liked it, too!)

Another one was just mentioned... " Reign of Fire with Christian Bale. 5.8 stars at IMDB. I love this movie, it's like watching a medieval war against a dragon and then they pop in a modern military." That was a fun movie...

OK, I'm of the 80s, and Wolf is only 5 yrs older than I, so what one of us (me :D) was too young to remember, the other isn't :lol:

List of Cheesy movies...Hmmm. How about the one where Jeff Goldblum teamed up with Gina in Earth Girls Are Easy?

Or Roddy Piper in They Live?

Bachelor Party, Romancing The Stone, Man With One Red Shoe, Airplane movies, Naked Gun, any Leslie Neilsen movies, Big, Vice Versa, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Comet...

I'm a Rocky Horror fan too. We both think Ladyhawke was great, not cheesy.

Well I took "bad" to mean not poor quality or cheesy, but bad.

So the one that jumps to mind for me is Pulp Fiction. That movie is so outrageously funny.

I couldn't remember much of it the other day (hadnt seen in in years) and we had it taped so I told my teenagers they should watch it....they, especially ds15, love bad movies (not bad as in cheesy, but bad as in violent etc).

Well, when we got to the drug scenes I took a deep breath, stopped the movie and talked to them about it all. Couldn't let that pass without some comments. Enough to turn anyone off drugs, though!

I love Idiocracy. I don't know if it is considered bad.

Not bad. Wise. Unfortunately, I don't see it as a comedy. It's a prophetic film. :tongue_smilie:

When it comes to science fiction or fantasy films, I can't differentiate between good and bad. I can tell if something is especially good (meaning I like it), but I'm not particular otherwise. I pretty much have a thing for all of them.

Ooooo! Ladyhawke! I lurved that movie when I was a kid and it first came out. I was sooooo excited to see it again when it was on tv a couple of years ago...And then the music (imagine the arm of the record player screeching off the record). Ay yi yi!

The movie is still great, but the music almost ruined it. Imagine how AWESOME it would be if they re-scored it! Oh wow! I'm getting shivers just imagining!

i love all of the terrible 80's movies. funny farm. baby boom. say anything. breakfast club. sixteen candles. the list goes on and on.

as for "the proposal", i thought that was hysterical! but then again, my husband and i love napoleon dynamite, the cable guy, and dumb and dumber. i'm easily entertained:D

I love Baby Boom.

Delurking just for this...

They Live

Six-String Samurai

House on Haunted Hill

Evil Dead

Plan 9

Night of the Living Dead

Rocky Horror Picture Show

One Million Years BC

Toxic Avenger

Escape from New York

Starship Troopers

Spaceballs

Can't go wrong with anything Vincent Price, Boris Karloff, or Bela Lugosi.. The hubby has a thing for Vampira as well. :rolleyes: ...And nothing beats curling up with a MST3K box set.

Cronenberg and Lynch for really "out there" stuff... Tarantino's fun. Looking forward to eventually seeing Robert Rodriguez's Machete as well.

OK, I'm of the 80s, and Wolf is only 5 yrs older than I, so what one of us (me :D) was too young to remember, the other isn't :lol:

List of Cheesy movies...Hmmm. How about the one where Jeff Goldblum teamed up with Gina in Earth Girls Are Easy?

Or Roddy Piper in They Live?

Bachelor Party, Romancing The Stone, Man With One Red Shoe, Airplane movies, Naked Gun, any Leslie Neilsen movies, Big, Vice Versa, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Comet...

I'm a Rocky Horror fan too. We both think Ladyhawke was great, not cheesy.

Ooohh... Night of the Comet! I forgot about that one.

I also like The Man with One Red Shoe and Bachelor Party.

Delurking just for this...

They Live

Six-String Samurai

House on Haunted Hill

Evil Dead

Plan 9

Night of the Living Dead

Rocky Horror Picture Show

One Million Years BC

Toxic Avenger

Escape from New York

Starship Troopers

Spaceballs

Can't go wrong with anything Vincent Price, Boris Karloff, or Bela Lugosi.. The hubby has a thing for Vampira as well. :rolleyes: ...And nothing beats curling up with a MST3K box set.

Cronenberg and Lynch for really "out there" stuff... Tarantino's fun. Looking forward to eventually seeing Robert Rodriguez's Machete as well.

Ahh... I loved They Live! Sooo cheesy!

House on Haunted Hill is one of my faves.

Spaceballs is one of the few spoofs I can watch and enjoy.

And I agree that Vincent Price in anything is great. ~~haven't seen much of Boris or Bela, though, since i was a kid, so I don't know how I feel about their movies.

I also love The Day After Tomorrow, Sphere, and The Haunting.

Another one that I'll watch when it's on TV is Roadhouse. Patrick Swayze and Sam Elliott in the same movie. :drool: :blush:

I'm ashamed to admit that I've never seen LadyHawke. :leaving: (adding it to my Netflix que....)

Santa Claus Vs. The Martians

Lots of Chick Flicks but not all. Only funny ones that are really fun. The Proposal makes the list. Music and Lyrics makes the list.

I like my cheese a certain flavor. Napoleon - AWESOME. Glee - lame (except the cheer coach). It's not a movie, just an example, but I thought I'd love Glee because I'm all about cheesy musicals but nope, didn't suck me.

Dead Alive (I believe it was released as Braindead outside of the US). It's a Peter Jackson film before he became "Peter Jackson, director of LOTR" fame. Horrible, disgusting, over the top gore and hilariously written!

Oddly enough, I'm NOT a horror fan, yet my next choices are horror, too: all the Evil Dead movies. I love Bruce Campbell.

Finally, I will watch The Cutting Edge any time I see it's on TV :blush:.