Menu

Has Ester Maria had her baby yet?

Wow, you guys really don't miss anything, even when I don't announce it directly. I actually wanted to avoid excessive publicity, in order not to sentimentally melt again at the sole thought of a little pack of cuteness we got.

Her name is Sara Filomena; we'll go by the second name this time, though, as Filomena was our target name and the Jewish name got picked to accompany Filomena, not vice-versa as was the case with our older daughters.

She arrived a few days early, and ever since she arrived, she has been a very calm baby. The other two were pretty calm too - or at least at the time we thought that was calm - but this one is really calm and quite silent. Most of the time she sleeps she's so still that I have to check whether she's breathing. No fuss at all for now, she's a really good baby.

Being that punctuality and such stillness are not our traditional Italian values, nor is excessive obedience, we are preparing to take her to Italy in a few weeks for a little while, so that she can properly learn the national art of tardiness, rebellion and being loud and thus mend her ways to grow up in the right direction. :D

She's healthy. I'm good. Girls are in Italy for extended holidays and have already declared that the baby is "theirs" when we come. I fear she'll grow up way too spoiled, as I've fallen a victim to sentimentality of age and of (probably) the last child, and don't feel I'll have enough strength to play strict one more time. I've become awfully sweet-hearted in the past few weeks, catched some sort of diabetes of the soul, accompanied with slight mental retardation which manifests itself in the dizzy, dreamy look and lack of cognitive abilities when I'm holding the baby.

The cunning older two girls sensed the parents' weakness like dogs - what predators and emotional manipulators those t(w)eens can be! - so meanwhile via phone I agreed to all sorts of crazy things they wanted to do or buy, which I would normally flatly refuse. I bet they're plotting something, there's too much giggling on the other end.

Eh, babies. They weaken you hopelessly, I really need to pull myself together, or else chaotic years are about to come. :D

Thank you all for your kind wishes and care. I hope you're all doing great and I hope your kids are doing great.

Congrats!!

Being that punctuality and such stillness are not our traditional Italian values, nor is excessive obedience, we are preparing to take her to Italy in a few weeks for a little while, so that she can properly learn the national art of tardiness, rebellion and being loud and thus mend her ways to grow up in the right direction. :D
We lived in Italy (Rome) for a while and this made me:smilielol5:!!!

I've become awfully sweet-hearted in the past few weeks, catched some sort of diabetes of the soul, accompanied with slight mental retardation which manifests itself in the dizzy, dreamy look and lack of cognitive abilities when I'm holding the baby.

Oh my goodness.

Why do I have baby fever now, lol?

Your baby honeymoon sounds wonderful :001_wub:

Congratulations!!:hurray:

Lol! The dc's Italian tutor, who is a dear friend and always late and beautifully flamboyant, told me I needed to get over myself if my dc were going to ever be fluent in Italian. :lol: