Menu

what TV shows do you watch faithfully?

We have a DVR and I love taping shows so when I can't sleep at night that I have something to watch. Lately, I have been watching Mad Men and LOVE IT! I also have started watching Say Yes to the Dress which just fascinates someone like me that eloped and how these women/families deal with buying a wedding dress. We also tape Modern Family and The Middle but husband and kids watch that with me.

Also, love Brothers and Sisters but I'm afraid with Rob Lowe gone and I also read somewhere that one other key cast member(can't remember who!)is also leaving that the show won't be quite as good.

Any ideas of other shows that might be great for me...I'm not crazy about the murder or CSI shows. I like the family dramas. We used to love Boston Legal, The Practice, and the one about judge names Amy? I'm really over the medical dramas as well. I had taped a couple of episodes of Scoundrels and watched one last night and well, it was sort of weird to me.

Judging Amy was a great show.

At our house, we record:

House

Modern Family

Big Bang Theory (We LOVE this show)

Chuck (DH love this, but I can take it or leave it)

Minute to Win it

Wipeout

House Hunters

I guess we don't really watch family dramas. DD is only allowed to watch wipeout and minute to win it, so DH and I limit our shows to what we can watch after she goes to bed.

None!!! :001_smile:

We got rid of cable.

In my cable life I used to watch-

Project Runway

House Hunters

Say yes to the dress

Real Housewives (I'm ashamed to say it, I confess...:D)

Nancy Grace

Wipeout (with my son)

Any home renovation show (even though I have not done one bit of renovation to my own house)

White Collar is the only show we love, tape and watch regularly. We used to tape Monk, but then they ended that one on us.

We'll try Burn Notice if I can ever get to watching the pilot. I've heard many good things about that show, but the pilot hasn't been on recently and we don't have the web connection to watch it online.

We tried Royal Pains due to recommendations, but it's way too soap opera "ish" for us (guy and girl soap opera "ish"). We've watched a few episodes, but are dropping it.

Psych was recommended too, but we never liked that one personally. I can't quite put my finger on what we didn't like with that one, but it just wasn't a hit here.

what network is Burn Notice on? What type of show is it? I tried one episode of House and it didn't do much for me. I am really hoping that some new shows come out in the fall that catch my attention. It's just nice sometimes to relax and watch one of my shows after everyone is asleep. My husband doesn't always like the shows I like and this way I'm not interrupted by child, husband, dog, phone! Sometimes insomnia can be a good thing if you embrace it and a cup of chocolate milk/cookie and remote!

used to be LOST!

Big Bang

CSI

NCIS

Criminal Minds

Bones

Psych

Fringe

Parenthood

I am sure there are a few others but I can't think right now. I haven't been watching all that much over the summer because I hate reruns for the most part.

Dawn

Ones that I watch with DH

NCIS (but I don't really like LA)

Psyche (only with DH)

When I have the remote and need to fold laundry....

19 Kids and Counting - my favorite

The Closer

Top Chef

The Family

19 Kids

The Next Food Network Star - And we all LOVE LOVE LOVE that Aarti won!!!!!

The only ones I watch faithfully are Top Chef, Top Chef Masters, and The Next Food Network Star. I'm in the cooking reality show mode.

Cinder

Same here. If there's a stove and a winner, I'll watch.

One of my favorites of this genre is Last Restaurant Standing on BBCAmerica (I think it is called The Restaurant in its BBC incarnation). Raymond Blanc is just so...endearingly nutso.

Regularly: Army Wives, Glee, Castle

Sometimes: Chopped (Food Network), House Hunters, Amazing Race, Minute to Win It

Wish I watched more often: The Closer

When dh was away I watched a ton of television, often leaving the television on all night. I watched Grey's, Private Practice, Brothers & Sisters, Desperate Housewives, CSI:NY...

Community on NBC. It's the same night as The Office. I think it's the best new show that nobody talks about.

Also, Mad Men, but I would start from the beginning and not miss an episode if you want to get the most out of it.

Finally, I watch as many episodes of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report as I can. It's 4 days per week, so I couldn't watch them all. I wish I could though. I don't know how they can write consistently good stuff week after week, year after year.

Glee is the only show I watch regularly, but not on TV. I buy it on itunes. I just can't commit to a certain time slot every week. Dh has 4 or 5 that he watches regularly, mostly Discovery or History Channel shows. Ds has every dvr in the house recording the same shows - mostly from Disney channel. :glare:

Considering we only have basic cable (no HGTV, no History Channel, no Discovery, which I'm sure would take up most of my viewing time if we had them)...

Most anything on TLC:

Hoarders (never miss, love it! Makes me feel better about my mess!)

Cake Boss (so adorable and hilarious, plus the cakes are amazing!)

19 Kids (sweet homeschooling family, cute and funny)

I also never miss an episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I just love seeing deserving families get their dream home.

If I'm visiting someone with cable, I watch HGTV almost exclusively ;).

These are *my* "must-see" shows. If I decide to keep dh company while he watches *his* shows, these are the ones I somewhat enjoy:

The Mentalist

Criminal Minds

House

Yes, he watches all the CSIs, but I'm sick to death of them myself.

Grown Up type programmes We regularly watch/record when they are on

Chuck

Grey's anatomy

Gilmore Girls

Private practice

The IT Crowd (UK Channel 4 Comedy)

Who Do you think you are

Dr Who

Miranda (UK BBC Comedy)

The Big Bang Theory

Spooks

Ugly Betty

Glee

House

How I met your mother

CSI NY

Plus pretty much any history/science documentary on. I record most things. I don't watch much live.

I really want to watch Burn Notice, Warehouse 13 and Dollhouse but I missed the beginning of these series so am waiting for repeats or to get a dvd.

We have an on-demand tv sevice that has a box set thing on it so I have watched things like Eureka & Lipstick Jungle but I probably wouldn't bother otherwise. Its good for when I can't sleep.

what network is Burn Notice on? What type of show is it? I tried one episode of House and it didn't do much for me. I am really hoping that some new shows come out in the fall that catch my attention. It's just nice sometimes to relax and watch one of my shows after everyone is asleep. My husband doesn't always like the shows I like and this way I'm not interrupted by child, husband, dog, phone! Sometimes insomnia can be a good thing if you embrace it and a cup of chocolate milk/cookie and remote!

Burn Notice is on USA. It's a spy show that's kind of crossed with MacGuyver (a lot of improvising with everyday materials). The main character was a spy until he got burned, and he's trying to get his job back; along with that bigger back story, he usually ends up helping someone get out of a sticky situation each episode. Very clever and witty, I think.

During the summer we watch next to nothing; well, maybe some Netflix stuff, but that's about it. Oh, we did watch Hell's Kitchen. What can I say, we're foodies.

During the "school year" I usually catch Medium, House, The Office and 30 Rock (just started liking this one more). I do.not.miss Glee, American Idol and Brothers & Sisters.

We don't have cable, but dh regularly watches Whale Wars via on demand.

Lets see, current favs;

True Blood (almost over for the season, and I'm team Eric of course...)

Hung

Weeds (just starting again)

Dexter (awaiting his return this fall)

Fringe (hoping this season will be better than the last)

No Reservations (:D)

Nurse Jackie (must wait till next spring)

Diners, Drive-ins and Dives (love me some Guy)

The Daily Show

Bizarre Foods

Ones that are no longer with us, but worth watching via the internet...

Life on Mars (UK)

Ashes to Ashes (UK)

Heroes (it was getting better again, but poof... it's gone)

Six Feet Under (really only the first 3 or 4 seasons)

Carnivale

Dead Like Me

Wonderfalls

The Tudors

The Yong Ones

Absolutely Fabulous