Menu

S/O MB personality--poll for EXTROVERTS

Myers-Briggs Personality Types (for EXTROVERTS)  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Myers-Briggs Personality Types (for EXTROVERTS)

• ESTJ: The Guardians
    • ESFJ: The Caregivers
    • ESTP: The Doers
    • ESFP: The Performers
    • ENTJ: The Executives
    • ENTP: The Visionaries
    • ENFJ: The Givers
    • ENFP: The Inspirers

I've seen a number of threads regarding Myers-Briggs personality profiles, and was wondering if people would respond to a public poll? When I first heard about this (on this board, of course :D) I looked it up and was very impressed with how well it explains me, my husband, my sister, other family members, etc. I've seen people reveal their type in threads, but if we did it in public poll form, we could have an easy reference of others with our personality type or maybe better understand where others are coming from. Since there are 16 types, I'm going to make two polls with 8 types each split by extroverts and introverts. I'm hoping others will respond!

If you don't know your type, you can read about it here http://www.personalitypage.com/html/portraits.html

I'm bumping just in case there are actually extroverts on the board right now who just didn't see this poll. I'm really shocked at how many responses the introvert poll has in comparison!

I was shocked by that as well most of the homeschoolers I know are extroverts.

I was shocked by that as well most of the homeschoolers I know are extroverts.
But do they spend much time on online forums?

(Introverts like to socialize online where we don't have to leave the house and actually mix with people a lot, so it's no surprise to me there are more of them in this forum. :001_smile:)

I think I am an ESFJ. I would have to take the test again.

I know my category came up with teaching and counseling being my strengths and I was a high school teacher and then a high school counselor for many years, so I was def. in the right line of work.

Dawn

(Introverts like to socialize online where we don't have to leave the house and actually mix with people a lot, so it's no surprise to me there are more of them in this forum. :001_smile:)

Love your personal location. That would be a great question "What color is your personal Tardis?" The Doctor is the ultimate Extrovert!

Last time I took the test I was an ENTP. I do remember that for the E and P at least I was very close to the other side, so not strong on those, and I wonder if I'd shift a bit if I took another test - but I was very strong on the T! :)

I think last time we did something like this, I was struck by how many NTs there are here.

Maybe that's it. As of right now, we have 104 I votes and only 16 E votes. Crazy!

Last time I took the test I was an ENTP. I do remember that for the E and P at least I was very close to the other side, so not strong on those, and I wonder if I'd shift a bit if I took another test - but I was very strong on the T! :)

I think last time we did something like this, I was struck by how many NTs there are here.

I wonder if NTs are disproportionately attracted to classical homeschooling and/or these particular forums?

See, I like to socialize online when I can't be socializing irl (like during our school day). :tongue_smilie:

See, I like to socialize online when I can't be socializing irl (like during our school day). :tongue_smilie:

ME TOO!!!!!! :tongue_smilie:

I have tested ESTJ (strongly in all areas) since the first Meyers-Brigg I took in high school over 20 yrs ago. I took it again online today just to see if perhaps homeschooling and children and the stresses of life had changed me, but I guess I am who I am!

I am an ENTJ, sometimes I get ENTP, it depends upon the questions and my mood. I made my dh read them, he thinks I am more of an ENTP.

Me, too, except I'm opposite on the P/J. Usually a high P but on occasion it's a J. I think it depends on what my circumstances are the day I test.

Me, too, except I'm opposite on the P/J. Usually a high P but on occasion it's a J. I think it depends on what my circumstances are the day I test.

The questions can be really tricky. For example, if they use the word empathy v. sympathy. I can feel a lot of empathy toward people. I feel your pain, I'm very sad for you. However, I don't feel sympathy toward you if you made the bed you are having to lie in. kwim?

The questions can be really tricky. For example, if they use the word empathy v. sympathy. I can feel a lot of empathy toward people. I feel your pain, I'm very sad for you. However, I don't feel sympathy toward you if you made the bed you are having to lie in. kwim?

Absolutely. The design is intentional, of course. And if the person I'm working with that day has gotten on my bad side, my answers will vary!

Completely understand that! The world is not very black and white, and I sit around while standardized test-taking assessing the likelihood that the test writer has considered all the options (or proper definitions) for my answer to be correct. (Of course, I have lots of time to do that since decisiveness is one of my key traits! :tongue_smilie:).

For me, it is much easier to take a test from an individual, where s/he is known to me.

Completely understand that! The world is not very black and white, and I sit around while standardized test-taking assessing the likelihood that the test writer has considered all the options (or proper definitions) for my answer to be correct. (Of course, I have lots of time to do that since decisiveness is one of my key traits! :tongue_smilie:).

Here is one I have trouble with:

You believe the best decision is one that can be easily changed

What does that even mean? I think I'm SO decisive that I don't even think about why one might want to change a decision, kwim?

Or this one:

You enjoy being at the center of events in which

other people are directly involved

Under what circumstances? I just don't know what this means.

Here is one I have trouble with:

You believe the best decision is one that can be easily changed

What does that even mean? I think I'm SO decisive that I don't even think about why one might want to change a decision, kwim?

Or this one:

You enjoy being at the center of events in which

other people are directly involved

Under what circumstances? I just don't know what this means.

:D

The first one makes my head want to explode! :tongue_smilie: My immediate thought on the second is, "Which people? Name names!" And the spiral of confusion starts!

Yes, I understand. :grouphug:

P.S. I'm suprised no one has called me out for my obvious MB type in my siggie...;) (I use it in life to mean "The buck stops here.")

• 2 years later...

Since the introvert thread got resurrected, it seems only fair that this extrovert thread should be resurrected, too.

You guys are already underrepresented on these boards without having the extrovert thread buried under two years of other threads ;)

Since the introvert thread got resurrected, it seems only fair that this extrovert thread should be resurrected, too.

You guys are already underrepresented on these boards without having the extrovert thread buried under two years of other threads ;)

As the OP I thought about doing to myself but you saved me the trouble!

Personally, I think being an Introvert is trendy right now and that's why it seems like there are more of them. I used to think I was one, too.

I think it's more likely that extroverts are out socializing with people in real life, while introverts are drawn to communicating online, where we don't get overstimulated by having too many people around. So introverts tend to be overrepresented on this board.

I am an ENTJ, but sometimes I come up with an S rather than N. I am right near the middle when the results are graphed. My E is also close to the center. T and J very, very strong.

Personality typing is fun if you take it with a grain of salt. Much like birth order theories.

Oh, just now seeing that this is a resurrected thread....