Menu

CAn I Pay someone to write my lesson plans

Guest mrsjamiesouth

Does anyone know of someone that does this? I tell them what books I want to use and they write it all out. :D

I have wondered about something like this. I can't decide on what I want to do for history. I want something planned, but I can't find anything that uses the books that I want to use. Most use only part of the books I want to use. I would love to be able to enter only the books that I want to use and have someone else plan the schedule for me.

Jan

Are you serious?? Because I have thought about becoming a "Home School Consultant". I've thought about a business called "Customized Curriculum". So, let me know if this is a joke..... Or let me know if you'd really pay $ for someone to customize your curriculum just for you? Would ANYONE here pay $? Do you think this would be a good idea for some part time money?

:confused::001_smile:

You could always see if there is a mom, or even an older teen, who loves to plan and schedule things out.

I've thought about seeing if any homeschoolers would pay me to use my plans I'll be doing for my ds next year. My dd is doing SL Core 100, and I'll be making up my own plans for my 2nd grader. I felt that SL Core 3&4 would be too much for him, and too much for me since I'm new to SL. I've thought people would probably not be interested. Maybe they would be. I've not found an American History in one year that I liked, so that's why I'm doing my own.

Are you serious?? Because I have thought about becoming a "Home School Consultant". I've thought about a business called "Customized Curriculum". So, let me know if this is a joke..... Or let me know if you'd really pay $ for someone to customize your curriculum just for you? Would ANYONE here pay $? Do you think this would be a good idea for some part time money?

I have thought of this too, I think it would be a good idea. :D

Guest mrsjamiesouth
If a person quoted you a one month turnaround, $350 for the service, for up to 3 kids and 10 subjects, would you still want it?

I am definitely serious about paying someone, I don't know about $350 thats a little steep for me not to include what I have paid for all of our books. I was hoping for something closer to $150.

I see serious limitations to this idea.

First, you would need to ensure the person writing the plans had the same philosophy you do. For example, if I scheduled out a day totaling 2 hrs for a 2nd grader for someone who wanted a full day or vice versa......serious philosophical issue differences.

Second, the advantage to not using canned curricula goes beyond selection of materials but to pacing appropriately for your child. The person would need to have a solid understanding of each child's abilities.

Learning how to easily design your own would be a better investment. :) (Though I am sick of doing it myself, so I do understand. However after seriously considering going with something like OM so I didn't have to plan next yr, I knew I would just end up being miserable with someone elses plans.)

If a person quoted you a one month turnaround, $350 for the service, for up to 3 kids and 10 subjects, would you still want it?

I think this is not nearly enough money to charge. Of course, you can't charge more than the market will bear. You could also count on having your prep time go down over time as you will be more and more familiar with the various programs out there.

I think I might have to do this post homeschooling. I LOVE scheduling and plotting out lessons. :lol:

I have thought about this too because I LOVE the planning part (not always so good at the implementing part, but you can't have everything!).

Glad to know I'm not the only wacko out there!:tongue_smilie: I really ENJOY the planning and tweaking and figuring it all out.:D

http://livelearnandlovetogether.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-i-plan.html

I think she explains how she does it well :) Course, not exactly having it planned...

http://academicrecords.net/crossware/transcript.nsf is pretty cheap... (like $15 when you get ready to print it)

:)

Carrie, I'm flattered that you would recommend my blog!

And Jamie, I'm glad you like it! ;)

I love, love, LOVE to plan, but I'm not so sure how fun it would be to do it for someone else ... maybe if it was a good friend and you knew her and her children well, perhaps.

To me, it's like the Christmas stockings I make for our kids. I love doing it and having them to hang up every year to enjoy, but I don't think you could pay me enough to make them for someone else - too much work!

For me, the planning is exciting because I get to look forward to what all I get to do/read/etc. with my kids the next year! It's exciting because I know my son, and I know what books he'll enjoy reading or what projects we'd enjoy doing as a family (or which ones wouldn't be worth the hassle!).

This is such an interesting thread, though - lots of great ideas!

To me, it's like the Christmas stockings I make for our kids. I love doing it and having them to hang up every year to enjoy, but I don't think you could pay me enough to make them for someone else - too much work!

This is exactly how I feel! Planning is alot of work and I love to do, but I don't think that I could have a business writing customized plans for each and every person, it might make planning tedious, especially with all those subjects. Much easier to write one set of plans and let other tweak as they find necessary :D.

To the OP, what books are you using? There are lots of free plans out there. If you post what you are looking for, we may be able to point you in the right direction :).

I see serious limitations to this idea.

First, you would need to ensure the person writing the plans had the same philosophy you do. For example, if I scheduled out a day totaling 2 hrs for a 2nd grader for someone who wanted a full day or vice versa......serious philosophical issue differences.

Second, the advantage to not using canned curricula goes beyond selection of materials but to pacing appropriately for your child. The person would need to have a solid understanding of each child's abilities.

Learning how to easily design your own would be a better investment. :) (Though I am sick of doing it myself, so I do understand. However after seriously considering going with something like OM so I didn't have to plan next yr, I knew I would just end up being miserable with someone elses plans.)

:iagree:

Guest mrsjamiesouth
This is exactly how I feel! Planning is alot of work and I love to do, but I don't think that I could have a business writing customized plans for each and every person, it might make planning tedious, especially with all those subjects. Much easier to write one set of plans and let other tweak as they find necessary :D.

To the OP, what books are you using? There are lots of free plans out there. If you post what you are looking for, we may be able to point you in the right direction :).

Thanks, I am going to use MOH vol.1 with a 1st and 5th grader, Christian Kids Explore Bio with both, French and Character Building for Families.

I also have Come Look art books, Stories of Great Composers, Artistic Pursuits, different poets, a large selection of literature, and Geography Songs. I would like to use Prepare and Pray once a week as well.

Then, for 5th grade: CLE LA 5, CLE Math 4 and 5, Writing Skills, Veritas press comp. guide for Narnia, Wordly Wise 5 and Latin Primer by Martha.

For 1st Grade: LBC Grade 1, CLE LTR, CLE LA1, CLE reading 1, FLL, CLE Math 1, phonics pathways.

I have got the History, Science, LA and Math down, but I can't figure out how to add in the rest. I have an idea of what I want to do on what days, but what if you homeschool through the summer? How do I know where I am going to start in the books. I would like to finish CLE Math 4 before August, but if I dont then I will have to figure that out.

How do you rotate subjects so that both boys are doing school and the 2 year old is entertained? I would like to be done by 12pm. Currently we do the majority of our work during the baby's nap, but I need a break.

Edited by mrsjamiesouth

With Homeschool Tracker Plus, there are yahoo groups you can join where people share their files for different books. You just upload it and HTP prints it out for you. You can join the yahoo groups to see if they have any of the books you are wanting beforehand.

I have thought about this too because I LOVE the planning part (not always so good at the implementing part, but you can't have everything!).

I've always said I could make a ton of money planning and scheduling people's lives but I'd go bankrupt if they ever asked me how to implement :001_smile:

I would pay for a service like this. I don't like the planning and organizing aspect of homeschooling. The fun part comes when I open our planner for the week and can dive right in. I like teaching and working with my kids, reading with them and doing activities - I just don't want to be the one to have to plan it all.