Menu

Are you a morning person? POLL

Are you a morning person?  

1. 1. Are you a morning person?

• Yes, up with the sun...cock a doodle doo!
    • No, I am a late night person - love that quiet time.
    • Burning the candle at both ends - yawn!
    • Other

I have been burning the candle at both ends lately and it is killing me! I am a morning person. Love to be in bed by 9 and up at 6. What about you?

That's me, too! There's nothing more satisfying than a 9:00 bedtime. Dh says birds sing when I wake up with a smile on my face at 5:00.

Make sure you're eating enough. Being awake and active longer requires more calories. Whenever I find that I'm conking out at 7:30 on the couch, I realize I haven't had enough calories lately.

I picked "other" for someplace in between.

I'm definitely NOT a morning person, although I have tried very hard to be one. And I don't really stay up all night (anymore at least).

I cannot make it to a 10AM or earlier appointment to save my life. And most of the homeschoolers near me want to do 10AM activities. I do much better with an afternoon activity, but the people with little ones need to be home by 1:30 for naps.

I'm naturally a night owl. Always have been. I start to wake up mentally around 8pm and I am my most alert and creative in the nighttime until the wee hours of the morning. I stay up late a lot, but I have to be up by 6am to get my son ready for the school bus so I wake up really early too.

I voted 'other'. I'm not a morning person, and I get tired by 11p. I prefer to put my jammies on by 9p, read til 11p, then somehow I end up sleeping til 830a. :confused: And when I do get up, it takes 2 cups of coffee and silence for about an hour if I plan to have a decent day.

(okay, I rarely have my pajamas on by 9; it is really just daily wishful thinking. But I am almost always sleeping shortly after 11)

ETA I am so not a morning person that I slept through an appt to be induced w/my twins, a knee surgery appt for my dog, and a business flight to Texas. Alarm clocks have never worked with me, no matter how hard I try or how badly I want them to. Stinks, actually. Very uncomfortable trying to explain.

Edited by LauraGB

I voted other. I used to be a night owl, but I'm too tired these days to stay up past 10. I get up early so that I can have some time to myself and "wake up" before I get the kids up. It takes me about an hour and several cups of coffee before I can do anything other than growl in the morning.

The anguish of morning is only relieved by coffee (which dh makes) and the computer. I am lion like and will growl if anyone talks to me too soon.

I voted other because I'm not a night owl either. Since I was about age 10 my bedtime has been 10pm. I have a hard time staying up past that. I used to fall asleep if we were out past that.

I function best from about 9am to 2pm.

Thankfully ds is not a morning person. Dh however gets up before the break of dawn, at least he makes the coffee.

I picked "other" for someplace in between.

I'm definitely NOT a morning person, although I have tried very hard to be one. And I don't really stay up all night (anymore at least).

I cannot make it to a 10AM or earlier appointment to save my life. And most of the homeschoolers near me want to do 10AM activities. I do much better with an afternoon activity, but the people with little ones need to be home by 1:30 for naps.

:iagree:

Very much a morning person here :) ~ I'm usually up by 4am, sometimes by 3am.

Same here, although not exactly by choice. I'm quite the insomniac, so I wake up with my brain in full gear in the middle of the night all the time, whether or not I've had a healthy amount of sleep.

That said, I really am extremely productive during those wee hours, but I do everything in my power not to schedule client meetings after 2:00 pm. My brain is noticably less functional then.

I'm a night owl. My *favorite* time to sleep is from 4 am until 10 am. However, I don't do that anymore. :tongue_smilie:

This is me and luckily my kids normally allow it. The baby is a night person too and usually does not get up until 10 or 11. I am going to miss these days once the kids decide I need to get up earlier. I get so much done after 11 at night.

Edited by bbsweetpea

I voted other. If I had my way, I'd sleep from 9 to 9. No kidding. Have always needed tons of sleep. I am getting to bed by 10 at the latest, and getting up at 6, to do before school care for the Neighbor Boy. I hate being up that early. I know the birds are singing, it is quiet, etc. but I would just so rather be sleeping! I have been doing this all school year, and it still is killing me.

I used to stock up on sleep on the weekends, but am now working on those days, so have to be up early then too. Need. more. sleep!!

I am useless after noon or 1, so to get anything productive done during the day, I need to get up early. So I get up at 5. I love the feeling of having accomplished so much when it's still early morning. (The downside being that if I have had a lazy morning, there come the realization in the early afternoon that the entire day will be a bust.)

Even though I was a night-owl growing up, I was never one for sleeping in. I hate waking up and feeling like half the day is already gone.

I *have* to burn the candle at both ends because I can't sleep before midnight at all and have to get up early to get the girly to school by 8. I love being a night owl, though. In fact, I work nights and usually don't get done till sometime around 11. (I'm taking a quick break now.) Then I do my chores and head that direction. If I had my way, I'd go to bed about 2 a.m., but I'm just not human after a few days of that and getting up at 6:48 (which is 6:30 plus two hits of the snooze button :D).

I'm a night owl and fortunately the two kids left at home are not morning people, either. We usually sleep in until 8am (and after years of getting up at 5:30 am, anything past 7am is sleeping in). The kids are in bed with lights out no later than 9pm, but I'm often up until midnight or 1am. I love my quiet time.