Menu

Is there any dinnerware & flatware still made in the USA (or not China)?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

My flatware is made in France. Do you want only US? It's sold through Willams-Sonoma. I'll see if I can find a link.

Okay, here's a link to our steak knives. You can see the rest from there. We have the ivory color flatware.

http://http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/ivory-laguiole-steak-knife-set/

Edited by Sugarfoot
added link

Some of Crate & Barrel's flatware is not made in China, but it depends on the pattern. I know the Aero and the Olivier patterns aren't. It is sooo hard to find any kitchen/dining stuff that isn't made in China. I'm about ready to resort to buying old flatware on eBay just to get non-Chinese-made.

because the product made in US is expensive than Mading in China, that why Walmart, macy, sears, sango, target import from china, what they import is really cheaper.

It's kind of a "you get what you pay for".

Unfortunately, even some of the expensive stuff is made in China as well. Often times, you'll even find the exact same stuff at Target and Dillards (they are the same corporation, I believe), with the price being jacked at Dillards due to the "prestige" factor.

a

This is a good site I found while looking for things not made in PRC.

http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/kitchen.html

Thanks for this link! I've been looking for flatware for a long time now and finally found a Made in the US pattern I like here (using your link):

http://www.silversuperstore.com/revolution/regent.html

Now we just need the $$ to buy it or I can think about asking for a set for my birthday... (pondering options)

Just wanted to chime in here, b/c it took me about five years to make up my mind on replacing the 25 year old Mikasa that we loved and literally used up as I raised my family (youngest is now 16.)

I loved the Denby Blue Jetty, but yikes, the price. I kept looking and coming back to Denby b/c of the quality and b/c it was one of the few things not made in China that I liked well enough to own for the next 25 years. (I'll switch to Corelle in my old age, I suppose, because it is light--easier for feeble hands and wrists.)

If you like a Denby pattern, keep watching at Overstocks.com. They frequently have Denby on sale. Shepherd of the Hills is a Branson-based Denby 2nds resource, and there have been Denby odds and ends turning up at Tuesday Morning, if you have those in your area and have time to shop...I don't.

I'm still collecting Blue Jetty (now discontinued, as well) bit by bit as it appears reasonably on Ebay.

hth

Edited by Valerie(TX)

I bought my Fiestaware from Kohls. I LOVE IT!

:001_smile: It is currently on sale at Kohls for $28 for a 4/5 piece place setting and we have a 30% off coupon to add to that, so the total is $20 plus tax! Buying some for my soon to be college senior dd. She has always said she wants Fiesta Ware. Just wondered about the quality on the other site if we want to fill in later when Kohls doesn't have a sale :001_smile:

Mary

Has anyone ordered Fiesta Ware from this site? How was the quality?

Thanks,

Mary

I got mine through amazon, but that was the seller. One bowl was broken, but it's Fiesta wherever you get it (as far as I know).

(Oh, and this thread is over a year old.)

Has anyone ordered Fiesta Ware from this site? How was the quality?

Thanks,

Mary

I bought the majority of my Fiesta Ware at Macy's. They frequently put it on sale and with a coupon from the newspaper/mail, it is around $20 for the 4-piece place setting. I started with white place settings and now I have added some colored luncheon plates and some smaller colored bowls. I ordered the colored stuff from Amazon, individual pieces, good prices, and Prime shipping.