Menu

I just found an absolute treasure trove of audio delights

You will not believe the amazing stuff here!!

:party:

:w00t: I used to own SO MANY of those!!! I remember sitting in my bedroom as a little girl, listening to them over and over. I loved those records! Thank you for sharing!

ETA: Oh my gosh!!!!!

• GLP 74 Hans Christian Anderson's Fairy Tales told by Danny Kaye (The Princess and the Pea, Perfectly True, The Tinder Box, The Match Girl, The Ugly Duckling, The Steadfast Soldier) mp3s - cover

I cannot hear these stories without hearing Danny Kaye's voice in my head! I'm nearly in tears here...

Edited by melissel

I am so behind the times! I don't have an mp3 player, ipod, whatever, and I've never burned a cd.:confused:

So, I'm just SOL on this? What is the cheapest way I can get "with it", if I want access to this kind of stuff???

Go to Walmart (or equivalent) and get a cheap MP3 player. They're super cheap now (think Walkman for tapes, after CDs got big).

:w00t: I used to own SO MANY of those!!! I remember sitting in my bedroom as a little girl, listening to them over and over. I loved those records! Thank you for sharing!

I cannot hear these stories without hearing Danny Kaye's voice in my head! I'm nearly in tears here...

I'm with you...I'm back on my bed with my blue record player....

Fabulous!

:confused:Booooohoooo - HOW did you get this to work? I keep downloading it & getting the msg that the zip folder is corrupted????

:confused::confused:

I just clicked on it and it downloaded onto my desktop and started unzipping itself. It opened up a new folder with two mp3 files in it. I opened up the folder and clicked on the first file and it just started playing. Usually when I click on an mp3 file my computer opens up iTunes and puts the file in there, but it did not do that this time - not sure how it is actually playing the file. Sorry, I'm no help, am I?

Ah but you were a help because I kept trying & finally on the 3rd day it worked :D

Thanks!

I just clicked on it and it downloaded onto my desktop and started unzipping itself. It opened up a new folder with two mp3 files in it. I opened up the folder and clicked on the first file and it just started playing. Usually when I click on an mp3 file my computer opens up iTunes and puts the file in there, but it did not do that this time - not sure how it is actually playing the file. Sorry, I'm no help, am I?