Menu

S/O of the Star Trek post. What classic shows do your kids enjoy?

DD11 has watched all of the MASH episodes (it was her favorite show at 9-10yo), I Dream of Jeanie, Star Trek (old and new), Bewitched and another that I can think of. She loves the 60's-70's shows on tv and TiVos them to watch instead of current tv. Right now she is big into 7th Heaven but I wouldn't consider that a classic. LOL Since Lost will certainly be a classic...I will include that too. :D

Guest Virginia Dawn

We watch way more classic shows than modern: Gilligan's Island, F-troop, Bewitched, Hogan's Heroes, The Lone Ranger, The Andy Griffith Show, The Newhart Show, I Love Lucy, etc.

Lost in Space

Gilligan's Island

Star trek

Leave it to Beaver

Lassie

The Munster's

The Adams Family

Leonard Bernstein Children's Concerts

Get Smart

Wild Wild West

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

Land of the Lost

I am going to rent:

The Beverly Hillbillies

Gomar Pyle

The Hulk

Andy Griffith Show

The Waltons

Little House on the Prairie

F Troop

My Three Sons

Petticoat Junction

My Green Acres

I Dream of Jeanie

Can you tell I grew up in the sixties;)

Just recently found out our 5-year-old girl is a HUGE Stooges fan. She also likes old Tom & Jerry cartoons. She really enjoyed seeing Mary Poppins last week too (I had never seen the whole thing either and also really enjoyed it).

I'd like to try many shows mentioned above with her.

We love "I Love Lucy" and "Star Trek". Recently though, we've gotten into old westerns like "Maverick", "Gunsmoke" and "Wild, Wild West". I think it was watching Jimmy Stewart in "It's a Wonderful Life" during the Christmas vacation. It reminded me of the old western movies he played in and made me want to share some of the shows with the kids.

Not a true classic, but one my 13 year old son loves, is "MacGyver". The Mythbuster guys also love "MacGyver" and mention this show a lot.

Hogan's Heroes

Gilligan's Island

Beverly Hillbillies

Star Trek (original + New Generation)

Brady Bunch

Early Edition (newer oldie, but still...)

Andy Griffith

MacGyver

A-Team

Colombo

Magnum PI

I'm sure I've missed a few, but the above are all shows the whole family loves - esp my teens.

We have watched the following 1940s films on Netflix:

1. The Old Batman movie (it is racial because they say a derogatory word for Japanese in it)

2. Captain Marvel

3. The Old Superman movies with the actor who played Butch in the Little Rascals. He plays Jimmy Olsen, but the actress who played Lois Lane in those movies also plays Lois Lane in the TV series with George Reed.

The 1960s series we are watching:

1. Time Tunnel

2. Old Star Trek

3. A British show called Time Slip (another time travel series). I think that it was more 1970s.

Blessings,

Karen

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony

Bonanza - love that Adam Cartwright!!!

M*A*S*H - we are on our second set of discs for this one, we've watched them that much.

I Love Lucy

Andy Griffith - Barney is a real hoot!

Gilligan's Island

Dick Van Dyke - the He Said/She Said episode is hilarious!

I just put the first season of the Brady Bunch in my queue (sp?) at Netfix. I think they will enjoy that, too.

Edited by Mothersweets

The recent obsession has been classic Pink Panther cartoons on Netflix Instant Watch.

Erica in OR

Here too! My dd & ds received the Ant & the Aardvark DVD for Christmas (previous years were PP Vol 1 & PP Vol 2). It has been very well received. :)