Menu

Waiting is making me CRAZY

It is Monday morning here. The orphange lady is supposed to call sometime today with more details...more final news hopefully. Yesterday was excruciating. To pass the time I read "The Help" and watched multiple episodes of 24.

Today we are going to a local waterfall park with other families for swimming and a picnic. My cell phone is fully charged and I know I am just going to stare at it all day willing it to ring.

I keep saying things like "If it is God's will then we will get the baby" but what I really mean is "If we don't get the baby I am going to throw up."

I hate waiting.

It is Monday morning here. The orphange lady is supposed to call sometime today with more details...more final news hopefully. Yesterday was excruciating. To pass the time I read "The Help" and watched multiple episodes of 24.

Today we are going to a local waterfall park with other families for swimming and a picnic. My cell phone is fully charged and I know I am just going to stare at it all day willing it to ring.

I keep saying things like "If it is God's will then we will get the baby" but what I really mean is "If we don't get the baby I am going to throw up."

I hate waiting.

You know, I've never really admitted this to anyone, but I kind of wish someone would call me out of the blue and ask me to take in an orphaned child. There, I said it. :001_huh:

I've had you on my mind almost constantly since reading your posts yesterday.

Impatient and prayerful and expectant and hopeful right along with you!

I am the same. I came on here now to check for news. All through mass today I thought about Heather in NC and that baby. I hope you hear something ASAP!

ETA: Perhaps it was because today is the Feast of the Holy Family that I had Heather on my mind.

You know, I've never really admitted this to anyone, but I kind of wish someone would call me out of the blue and ask me to take in an orphaned child. There, I said it. :001_huh:

Me, too. Just don't tell dh. :tongue_smilie: I would foster or adopt in a heart beat - he would never consider it.

Edited by Brigitte

:grouphug: I haven't been through the same situation but have had situations where I thought I'd go crazy if someone didn't call me NOW! You are right though, it is God's will, but it is hard when it's not what we want. Or when we don't understand why what seems so right isn't in HIS timing. Wishing the best for you as you go through this waiting.

I hate waiting.

I know what you mean (different context for me). Bless you, Heather, I'm praying for you. Hope everything works out the way you hope.:grouphug:

Praying here, too. I remember your original post last year about longing for a daughter. It was titled, "All I want for Christmas is a daughter" or something close to that.

I remember b/c I had just lost a baby girl 16 weeks into my pregnancy. I too have always wanted a daughter and so understood your post. I have been praying since last year that I might be contacted exactly the same way you have. It is neat to see the dream possibly come true for someone else.

Edited by Jennefer@SSA

:grouphug::grouphug:Prayers:grouphug::grouphug:

I hate waiting.

I remember the waiting and waiting for the call for our daughter. Even though we were signed up for adoption, it pretty much came out of the blue one blustery March morning. Picked up my little pun'kin from the hospital that afternoon. Blew my world apart, but she's the joy of my life.

We're praying that all goes well with you!