Menu

Need help deciding on a Christmas party dress.

lynn

Of course I'm no fashion expert, but I'd go with #3 with black wide leg trousers pants and a splash of color in the shoes...maybe some red. Or you can do a classy little heel with thin rhinestone straps if you go with the silver shirt.:D

#2 is nice, but *yawn* a bit on the blah side. Yes, you could accessorize it etc, but ....

I like #1 and if snazzy is your style, I say go for it. It is not young looking, but not matronly either. Just right.

#3 would be my first choice. You can make it snazzy with the fancy pants. I think it is simple and very elegant. I wore a gold sleeveless top with a linen skirt that had a bit of a shimmer to it for our annual convention this year and I was really pleased with the results. It was comfortable, yet elegant.

I like the black dress. You could accessorize with a nice Christmasy pin and earrings, and wear it at other times. No 1 doesn't look Christmasy enough, tho I think it'd be a smashing dress.

I don't really like the top alone, unless you had a fabulous jacket. If you have the legs and need a black dress, go for 2! :D

#3, except I would choose a dressy, nice-fitting pair of black pants that weren't shiny or flimsy. Just a nice blend with a nice weight to them. Pick a good pair and you can wear them all year long, almost. High heels. I love the look of pants with heels and a dressy top.

With #1, even though I am petite weight-wise and height-wise, I would worry about the layers of the fabric "adding weight" to me. Oh, I just realized that one of the reasons I love pants with heels is it makes me look taller. So, if you're tall and self-conscious about that, you might want to avoid that look.

Have fun choosing!

I'd say try them all on and go with the one that suits your figure best. Filling out a dress or top the right way will make it go from *eh* to amazing. Any one of the three would work beautifully, but #2 would be the best investment since you could work it for any season.

Barb

I'd say try them all on and go with the one that suits your figure best. Filling out a dress or top the right way will make it go from *eh* to amazing. Any one of the three would work beautifully, but #2 would be the best investment since you could work it for any season.

Barb

Exactly what I was going to post. *Except*... that I think option #3 is the best investment because you can wear the pants all year long with assorted tops several times a week and it will always look different. And the top would look great with a pencil skirt, too.

I like them all -- number one is different and I like that -- it is easily a stunning dress for the holidays with the right acessories.

Number 2 is beautiful and classic -- same comment as number one as far as accessories -- you will blend in a little more with the crowd in this one. However, if you select this one, please make sure it is hemmed and your knees show (not too much) otherwise it will look matronly.

Number 3 - comfortable -- and the same 'blending in with the crowd' comment as number two.

So, I guess that if you want to make a 'splash' go with number one!