Menu

What do you do with your children's baby teeth

Nakia

and the tooth fairy puts the teeth in the jar after she takes them. The kids love racing to the jar to see if the tooth fairy left the tooth in their jar. They also love looking at and counting their teeth. My parents kept my teeth- and I remember checking them out frequently. Strange?! Maybe- but it works for us:D

I have every single one of them in a Ziploc bag way back in my underwear drawer. i don't know why or what exactly I'm planning to do with them . . . but since you asked . . . that's where they are. :lol:

I have my two kids' teeth in two boxes. I was planning on giving them to the kids when they turned 18. Does seem weird now, but seemed nostalgic at the time. Not sure what they will do with them.

You know you're a homeschool mom when......you save baby teeth for science class. I taught a coop class using Blood & Guts. The kids were fascinated when we put a few baby teeth in a bottle of cola to see the effect of the acid. They'd race in each week to see the grisly results. :ack2:

My husband saved them. In neat little envelopes labeled with the child's name, the date, and which tooth it was. He keeps dropping the envelopes into the "Baby Momentos" box in our bedroom closet.

I'm going to throw them out, someday, when there's no little one taking a nap in my room and the children that the teeth belonged to aren't home to see me putting envelopes in the trash, then racing to the garbage can to read them.

I remember finding my baby teeth in a little container in my mom's jewelry box as a kid, so I naturally started keeping my kids' baby teeth in little containers in my jewelry box :) My dd recently found them in my jewelry box and it was really a special moment for me :001_wub: and I shared with her my story and how we now share similar memories :)

Edited by babysparkler

I've saved them but they are starting to add up and somehow have gotten mixed up in my jewelry box. I have no idea whose is whose. It's starting to give the heebie-jeebies but I can't throw them away for fear of being a unsentimental mom.

:iagree:

There were some, though, that I knew belonged to my son, so I used them in his scrapbook - I put them in a shaker box. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now it's kind of icky. :D

Well, my kids put theirs' in zip lock bags before putting them under their pillows. I always had to do a middle of the night switch-a-roo with the money so I would just stash the zip lock bag in the nearest, convenient, safe, hidden spot. I am still to this day finding zip lock bags of baby teeth that I know had to have come from several children ago. God forbid there is ever a crime scene at my house. It would keep the forensic people busy for who knows how long just researching the teeth. When I do find them I secretly put them in the garbage just like I did with the catfish which no child has noticed missing yet. :001_smile: I am not particularly sentimental either.