Menu

Do your dc make up words that turn out to be 4 letter words (you know the kind)?

ROFL YES! My son rhymed the word "duck" in the grocery store one day. He was just rhyming, so I didn't even blink because he was just making up words.

Then my daughter decided to name one of her twin dolls "Skanky." She's NEVER heard that word come out of my mouth or anyone else's, but my MIL about died because she announced this name at a Christmas dinner. And when Grandma asked what she was going to do with the dolls, she said that Colly (the other twin's name at the time) was a good girl but that Skanky was "a very, very naughty girl." My MIL about died laughing. The dolls got renamed to Holly and Hannah. Thank heavens ;)

My dd3 figured out how to rhyme a few months ago. She'll ask you for a word and then give you the rhyme, even if her rhyme isn't a real word. Usually she just changes the beginning letter of the word to an F.

"What rhymes with one?"

"FUN!"

"What rhymes with deck?"

"FECK!"

"What rhymes with riddle?"

"FIDDLE!"

My DH interrupted and said, "Don't ask her what rhyme with duck!":lol::lol::lol:

Then my daughter decided to name one of her twin dolls "Skanky." She's NEVER heard that word come out of my mouth or anyone else's, but my MIL about died because she announced this name at a Christmas dinner. And when Grandma asked what she was going to do with the dolls, she said that Colly (the other twin's name at the time) was a good girl but that Skanky was "a very, very naughty girl." My MIL about died laughing. The dolls got renamed to Holly and Hannah. Thank heavens ;)

Oh that is so funny!! :lol:

:lol::lol:

My dd could not pronounce bench correctly and it always sounded like b****. Unfortunately it seemed that we found benches everywhere we went during that period of time so we heard it alot. She was one of the kids who had to say EVERYTHING that she saw.

We had bought some baby chicks from a local farm store, and my ds was playing with them on the way home. One of the chicks kept pecking him and he said he was going to name it Pecker. I thought okay we will deal with this later. We had to go through the drive through at the bank. As I was at the window my other ds started talking about eating chicken, and as I was sitting at the window chatting with the teller my ds yelled out loudly "Just don't eat my Pecker."

My 6yo is learning to read and still reversing his d and b sounds. I cringe every time I see ditch on the page. Phonics Pathways prints ditch quite a bit. Maybe it's their way at poking fun at all of us who are struggling to teach a kid to read! LOL

LOL! Maybe it's their way of making sure Mama is paying attention! If you feel at all lazy about correcting errors up to that point, you will probably change your tune quickly!

My ds can't say the "qu" sound and always replaces it with a "sh" sound. No big deal until he was trying to tell his sister to "quit" messing with him. She was ignoring him and it was getting quite loud. I told him next time to just tell her to "stop" instead, lol.

Dd, on the other hand, couldn't say "fork" correctly when she was not yet 3. Whenever we would go to a restaurant, she would proclaim quite loudly, "Hey, I need a f***!" I quickly learned to ask the server for three full place settings before being seated.

My boys made up the word "bick" at some point to express their anger. All three of them have names that end with -ric, so bick rhymes in a very gratifying way.

My oldest would kind of growl and say "Evaric bick!" when he was mad at his brother.

When dh came along he thought the kids were swearing, LOL, and he got VERY upset that I was letting them get away with it.

(He told me on our second date that he "liked well-behaved kids". I decided right then and there we'd never go out a second time. He had to work very hard to convince me to try again.)

Closer to a spoonerism, but my oldest used to call the soot sprites in My Neighbor Tototo "sh*t spurts." She was very young, and it was entirely innocent. And don't get me going about Joan of Arc...

When my 3 year old was 2, he had a hard time saying sit. Instead of saying sit down he would just say sit. Well, his sit sounded like sh**. It was so embarrassing to have people at Walmart starring at us.

It was hard for me as a child to say the word ship. Don't use the name Richard in the banana song. Richard Richard bo bit**ard...

Edited by LUV2EDU

Oh yes, they do that... try rhyming "sock" :eek:

One day my son said "God d**n it!" and looked at me and said *nervously* "I have been wondering if God made all the dams?????" "Did beaver's do it? or did people do it? or (really, screaming loud) **DID GOD DO IT??? DID GOD MAKE ALL THE DAMS???" :lol:

He was so nervous and I couldn't even laugh or he would continue to do it.

When dd8 was really small, she called Jemima Puddleduck, "Magina." I knew that's what it was, but sometimes it sounded like a "V." It cracked us up. Then there was the incident in the restaurant. She "needed a fork," but she YELLED, "I need a F###!" I thought my husband and I would die! ;)

These are wonderful! :D

My Ds when he was a little guy used to sing the sesame street song "put down the ducky" and when it came to the to the part when they say "Ernie put the quacker down" it somehow got changed to "Ernie, put the F***** DOWN!

Made my DH and I laugh every time, until DS said it in church one sunday :001_huh:

My first son was another one that said truck as f**ck. and he loved trucks so would go around yelling "F**CK! F**CK!" everywhere we went. He also has older cousins who at the time thought it was hilarious so they would encourage him by pointing out trucks and asking "What's that?"

He recently started saying "Oh, Ram." whenever he's frustrated or upset. I don't think he knows d**n so isn't really trying to say it but it ends up sounding like that's what he's saying. I chose to ignore that after asking him what he was saying and making sure it was innocen. And he has stopped on his own.

One day my son said "God d**n it!" and looked at me and said *nervously* "I have been wondering if God made all the dams?????" "Did beaver's do it? or did people do it? or (really, screaming loud) **DID GOD DO IT??? DID GOD MAKE ALL THE DAMS???" :lol:

He was so nervous and I couldn't even laugh or he would continue to do it.

My brother did this when we were kids! He still got the spanking!:lol: only in his version it was "No mom, I BUILT a dam" ....as he was furiously trying to build a dam in the dirt:lol:

One of my kids inverted the tr and f in firetruck. nice.:001_huh:

These are all cracking me up!

We were driving down the road one afternoon and my ds4 was talking about coke (soda) because he had just tried some earlier that day. He was singing to himself, "I love coke! I love coke!" Then, he started swapping out the long o sound for other vowels, "I love cack! I love kick! I love c*ck (the other name for rooster)!" I thought I would die laughing!

My children love to play pretend animals. They also like to make up silly names for the species sometimes. Tonight my five yr old was pretending to be a c*ck-c*ck bird. Apparently they flap and like to run into people laughing and flapping and yelling, "C*ck, c*ck." Like a chicken clucking, but.......different.

we've been through several with all the kids. Although not necessarily a made up word, but a made up phrase---the funniest one was when my DS2 was 3 yrs old (picture angelic face and white blond ringlets) and we were saying some rhymes. I said:

"1,2 buckle my shoe"

he replied, " 3, 4, smack the whore" and I almost choked. I know he didn't know what he was saying and he'd never heard those words in our house....so I have no clue where they came from

My youngest dd had a difficult time with all the sounds you blow, like f, sh, s etc. She changed those sounds to sounds she was more comfortable with. We mostly ignored it. Somehow "fish" was changed to "b*tch" and the older kids would encourage her to sing Grandma the fish song from Zaboomafoo.

"I feel fishy today, how about you?"

"I feel fishy, do you feel fishy, too?"

Repeated over and over.

Now that the big ones are teenagers & near teenagers when they are feeling hormonal they will announce. "I am feeling fishy, where is the chocolate?"

Amber in SJ