Menu

Free Curriculum list

Chels~

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much - a true delight for a new homeschooler of 2 boys; 4th & 6th graders!!

Feeling totally overwhelmed this summer, prayerfully attempting to complete the most frugal and uniquely designed courses one can find. Needless to say, my children love to learn so I have my work cut out for me... I hope I can keep up with them. :)

Thank you so much - a true delight for a new homeschooler of 2 boys; 4th & 6th graders!!

Feeling totally overwhelmed this summer, prayerfully attempting to complete the most frugal and uniquely designed courses one can find. Needless to say, my children love to learn so I have my work cut out for me... I hope I can keep up with them. :)

Glad you will be able to use the resources. My kiddos are around the same age as yours.

This site appeared to belong to a school who was licensed to use it.

Another to add for Math and Science Grades K-5 is http://pgcounty.scottforesman.com/

I checked with scott foresman by calling. The online textbooks and activities are available for purchase only in classroom groups or 30 for 6 years. They cost over a thousand dollars.

I did find scottforesman textbooks on ebay for less than 20$.

Wish it was free!

Another to add for Math and Science Grades K-5 is http://pgcounty.scottforesman.com/

I checked with scott foresman by calling. The online textbooks and activities are available for purchase only in classroom groups or 30 for 6 years. They cost over a thousand dollars.

Wish it was free!

So the above link is not free? Or were you referring to another scott foresman text?

Sorry if these have been listed already! I read through the thread but might have missed some.

Free books to download at WOWIO

PASS materials to download from the FLDOE

Free Bible Studies (evangelical), workbooks and stuff for kids

This is an animated atlas of US history, very cool

Myths, Maps and Marvels- free ancients lesson plans for elementary

Rhyme a week preschool curric

Don't forget to check Annenberg Media for free videos and googlebooks and eric.ed.gov for books. ERIC has the entire text of "Teach a Child to Read with Children's Books" by Mark B. Thogmartin, for example.

hth

Georgia

Quote:

Originally Posted by heart'sjoy viewpost.gif

Wish it was free!

So the above link is not free? Or were you referring to another scott foresman text?

The title at the top of the site is for Prince George County. When I called Scott Foresman I asked how much would it cost to purchase online access to textbooks and the linked online activities. It is not available for inidvidual purchase. Unless, you want to pay more than a thousand dollars for a class of 30 students for a six year access license.

The site looks free.:confused: I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it, except I had been looking for some Scott Foresman texts and saw how much their online access costs. It gave me pause. Do I use this just because it's accessible or check licensing first?

Quote:

Originally Posted by heart'sjoy viewpost.gif

Wish it was free!

The title at the top of the site is for Prince George County. When I called Scott Foresman I asked how much would it cost to purchase online access to textbooks and the linked online activities. It is not available for inidvidual purchase. Unless' date=' you want to pay more than a thousand dollars for a class of 30 students for a six year access license.

The site looks free.:confused: I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it, except I had been looking for some Scott Foresman texts and saw how much their online access costs. It gave me pause. Do I use this just because it's accessible or check licensing first?[/quote']

Even though it isn't a link from me, I am curious why there isn't an access code for the users. Usually online texts are password protected. Funny.

http://www.edsitement.neh.gov/

This site is huge.

I found free online U.S. AP history lessons plans, complete with objectives, interactive activities, and primary source links.

Interactive History links for Ancient History, through modern U.S. history. Ex. interactive map of Revolutionary war.

Lesson plan on Thomas Edison. Comparing inventions/ and technology to now and writing science fiction about future inventions. i.e., science + literature together.

This site also links to the Picturing American History that was posted earlier but adds some interactive lessons.

Wheww! I think I'd pay 15$ just to have some software that would organize all these great sites.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

One question: have you personally used all of these sites?

I use several of the resources, but not all of them. At the moment I am using Education World (every day edits, fact monster and A to Z edits), the reading units by Gay Miller, 2 of the math drills, outline maps and various printouts from the other sites listed. I will also slip in videos here and there if it is in line with what we are studying.

Some other sites I have used are: SF Grammar, Dance Mat typing, power typing, BBC Languages, Ambleside and many of the unit studies.

There are so many resources that I hope to get too. This is just my personal list of sites I don't want to forget.

India has put all their textbooks (most are at least two languages, including English) for grades 1-12 online, in PDF form (color pages). All subjects.

Via the website for their educational government body (NCERT), but this site is MUCH easier to use.

I've tried looking through some of these books but am only able to see parts. For example- Class 3, Enviromental Studies, I'm only able to see the Table of Contents. Is there something that I'm missing? Is it not compatible with Mac? I'd really love to go through a lot of their texts, especially the math, Hindi, and Sanskrit.

Hmm, yes, there does seem to be something wrong with the 3rd grade one. I remember having this problem myself. Let me see if I can play around with it and find it.

ETA: Through a messy Google search, I've managed to locate the links to each chapter via NCERT's website:

www.ncert.nic.in/books/c3/c3sse/c3sse01.pdf (1st)

www.ncert.nic.in/books/c3/c3sse/c3sse15.pdf

www.ncert.nic.in/books/c3/c3sse/c3sse24.pdf (last)

and so on just replace the number at the end for each chapter.

Edited by stripe

Hmm, yes, there does seem to be something wrong with the 3rd grade one. I remember having this problem myself. Let me see if I can play around with it and find it.

ETA: Through a messy Google search, I've managed to locate the links to each chapter via NCERT's website:

www.ncert.nic.in/books/c3/c3sse/c3sse01.pdf (1st)

www.ncert.nic.in/books/c3/c3sse/c3sse15.pdf

www.ncert.nic.in/books/c3/c3sse/c3sse24.pdf (last)

and so on just replace the number at the end for each chapter.

Thank you so much!!!!

I've tried looking through some of these books but am only able to see parts. For example- Class 3, Enviromental Studies, I'm only able to see the Table of Contents. Is there something that I'm missing? Is it not compatible with Mac? I'd really love to go through a lot of their texts, especially the math, Hindi, and Sanskrit.

When you click on any title in Table of Contents, it will open that particular chapter.

When you click on any title in Table of Contents, it will open that particular chapter.

There is a special problem with the class 3 environmental science link; there are no chapters there at all. Anyone looking for this, please see my post earlier on the page -- I've located the URLs on the Indian govt site.

For other years/subjects, the links do seem to work, at least as far as I've seen.