Menu

Ignore this thread!

Hmm. Should I try magnesium with Gymnast? She has terrors and sleep walks. It's starting back up more often. Again. I was so tired one night, she actually got past me (she sleeps in the middle) and was already on the floor when I caught her. :svengo:

I think it probably couldn't hurt. That was my idea when I first heard about epsom salt baths on the old boards. We've never tried magnesium supplements, only epsom salts in the bath, so I don't know if they act differently.

• Like 1

I am bored and grumpy.  

First, I'm irritated at something someone said the other day and haven't had a chance to discuss it with them again yet.

Second, a friend asked me to step up and help with something because she is going through a very difficult time.  I should, but I can't.  I just cannot do it.  But it's not really "fair" to expect anyone else to do it either - everyone has their load, kwim?

Who has the ITT stealth copter?  I need a ride to the island.  

• Like 6

Trigger Warning: educational post ahead. Reported. Rant ahead.

So, I'm just bugged. I want to do this Fine Arts Friday this year. And I am fully capable of putting something together myself. I have tons of Art books and artist books and composer books, and three books of Artistic Pursits and all sorts of carp I've spent $$ on over the years and instead I'm looking at Harmony Fine Arts Curriculum. And true, it's not an expnsive curriculum, but good Heavens to Betsy, I am nickel and diming myself to death.

Ok, I just needed to get that out.

• Like 7

I napped! :hurray: So did DH. Therefore, we feel less like squabbling with each other,and more like brainstorming ways to avoid cooking for ourselves and others tonight. I think we are going to raid leftovers and the boys may cook bacon and eggs for themselves. 

It is amazing what a few hours of sleep will do when one is dying of insomnia.

• Like 6

I am bored and grumpy.  

First, I'm irritated at something someone said the other day and haven't had a chance to discuss it with them again yet.

Second, a friend asked me to step up and help with something because she is going through a very difficult time.  I should, but I can't.  I just cannot do it.  But it's not really "fair" to expect anyone else to do it either - everyone has their load, kwim?

Who has the ITT stealth copter?  I need a ride to the island.  

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Trigger Warning: educational post ahead. Reported. Rant ahead.

So, I'm just bugged. I want to do this Fine Arts Friday this year. And I am fully capable of putting something together myself. I have tons of Art books and artist books and composer books, and three books of Artistic Pursits and all sorts of carp I've spent $$ on over the years and instead I'm looking at Harmony Fine Arts Curriculum. And true, it's not an expnsive curriculum, but good Heavens to Betsy, I am nickel and diming myself to death.

Ok, I just needed to get that out.

Reported!

I am having similar issues, not with art, but honestly, do I really need s new writing curriculum? Yes probably. Rats.

Reported!

• Like 3

I am bored and grumpy.

Second, a friend asked me to step up and help with something because she is going through a very difficult time. I should, but I can't. I just cannot do it. But it's not really "fair" to expect anyone else to do it either - everyone has their load, kwim?

Who has the ITT stealth copter? I need a ride to the island.

:ack2:

I'll fire up the Stealth Copter and have you there in no time.

• Like 2

I've made a few batches of nut-and-dairy-free pesto. 4 containers in the freezer and the leftovers on Italian bread with pepperoni and Bob's your uncle, we have pizza.

The pork butt is done but I need to make it wait a bit before I can deal with it. I am hoping a few packages will go on manager's special mid-week.

#isaidbutt

• Like 5

I've made a few batches of nut-and-dairy-free pesto. 4 containers in the freezer and the leftovers on Italian bread with pepperoni and Bob's your uncle, we have pizza.

The pork butt is done but I need to make it wait a bit before I can deal with it. I am hoping a few packages will go on manager's special mid-week.

#isaidbutt

Is the pesto recipe in our cookbook archive?  It sounds lovely and something I'd like to make at some point, but not right now (brain dead  :zombie: ) and not likely this month.  I hope I remember it later.  I like pesto, and one DBIL can't have tomato sauces on his pizza.

#isaidbutt

I have an uncle named Bob.  He lives up by Slashie.  He's a nice guy.

Susan said butt.

That's butt.

Reported.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

And since I'm complaining....

(Warning, semi-educational post....  Reported!)

Is our cloaking shield up?  

So, for my 14yo dd we're joining with some other families to cover Worldview, History, and Literature together.  The plan looks awesome.  One of our moms is a lit. teacher and the rest of us will be taking turns leading the worldview and history portion.  All of us will need to listen to all audio lectures we're using and do all assigned readings.  It's great.  It's all great.  But when I think about what our week will look like.... well, let's just say, I'm not sure I'm going to be teaching from rest, lol.  DD had a say in this option, in fact chose it.  I just get stressed every time I think about it.   :(  

• Like 3

So, for my 14yo dd we're joining with some other families to cover Worldview, History, and Literature together.  The plan looks awesome.  One of our moms is a lit. teacher and the rest of us will be taking turns leading the worldview and history portion.  All of us will need to listen to all audio lectures we're using and do all assigned readings.  It's great.  It's all great.  But when I think about what our week will look like.... well, let's just say, I'm not sure I'm going to be teaching from rest, lol.  DD had a say in this option, in fact chose it.  I just get stressed every time I think about it.   :(  

We can write a new book. We'll call it "Teaching from Stress: What homeschooling is really like!" and make a squillion dollars.

• Like 12

Is the pesto recipe in our cookbook archive?  It sounds lovely and something I'd like to make at some point, but not right now (brain dead  :zombie: ) and not likely this month.  I hope I remember it later.  I like pesto, and one DBIL can't have tomato sauces on his pizza.

Recipe?

I was more tired than I thought. I fell asleep THREE times!!!

Wow! I got another BOOYA!!!

2 C fresh basil and/or spinach. I used a cup of each

1/4 C EV olive oil

1 heaping T minced garlic (3-5 cloves)

2 T nutritional yeast

1/2 tsp sea salt

2 tsp lemon juice

Process all together. Can be frozen. My kids all like it. :)

• Like 3

We can write a new book. We'll call it "Teaching from Stress: What homeschooling is really like!" and make a squillion dollars.

Yay!  Between your $$$ and critter's, our island pad is going to be fabuloso

:party: :party: :party:

• Like 10

DS and I finished painting a basement hallway today. Yay- another thing checked off my list! He's my new trainee and thinks he should be paid $5. I did offer pay. $5 is a bargain, right? He did pretty well but there's paint on the carpet now. We're going to paint the wet bar area in the basement tomorrow. I'd like to take out or replace the bar (it's butt ugly), but DS and DH like it and it would be a big expensive fix either way, so they win for now. 

My evil plan is to use DS as my trainee and I know he's not as careful as me and will probably get more paint on the carpet. His best careful is not near mine yet- he hasn't learned. But then, I'll have another reason to replace the disgusting carpet down there. Who wants to buy a paint covered carpet? Nobody. 

Speaking of...DH and I then went to look at flooring for the baby's room. Why is flooring so expensive? We took some samples home and probably picked one, but the cost has me a little worried about my semi-secret replacing the basement carpet plan. The basement will need so much floor.

• Like 7

I think it probably couldn't hurt. That was my idea when I first heard about epsom salt baths on the old boards. We've never tried magnesium supplements, only epsom salts in the bath, so I don't know if they act differently.

The main thing about taking magnesium orally is that if you take too much, it will give you diarrhea. But my kids hate and will not take baths so pills it is. (And their tummies are fine. )

• Like 4

Ugh. Picking paint colors is hard. The floor is painted a shiny brown (ugh), the walls are a light beige, and the cabinet is some ugly dark color with dark red. Logic says I should probably go with a better dark color (dark grey or a dark purplish brown) and a pinkish-red, or maybe dark green and a pinkish-red, but I kind of want to go with green and blue. However, the latter would mean having to use primer first. Decisions, decisions. 

• Like 1

And I don't like dark colors. When I first moved to the US, my (then future) spouse had painted the studio dark red and dark blue, and it almost killed me. I want bright colors, which are just not going to go with the floor and walls in this rental (that we're planning on staying for only a year in, so I'm not painting the floors/walls, since if we did, we'd have to return them to their original color). If left up to me, walls and such get painted in pastel-ish colors or maybe one tiny notch darker.

• Like 2

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   You'll do okay.  And you'll have something to remind her of when she says you never do anything for her.

• Like 1

I was just filing away some of last year's stuff.  My child uses spiral bound graph paper notebooks for math.

She used a whole 6 and a half pages for geometry.  The whole class.  :mellow:

:svengo:  :svengo:  :svengo:

ETA:  Dh says she must write very, very small.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 5

I would. Dd's dr had us do supplements and Epsom salts baths.

How much magnesium?

:svengo:  :svengo:  :svengo:

ETA:  Dh says she must write very, very small.

She's a lefty with horrendous handwriting.

I wish I could explain it, but the workings of her mind elude me.  Basically, for about 75% of the problems, she would just stare at the problem on the screen.  Then she would input the answer.  All the advice I'd been given about reams of paper and colored pencils?  Ha!  The ones that required more she would generally do with geogebra or some other drawing program.  But 6 and a half pages?  For each of the Intro to Algebra classes she filled an entire notebook!  When I'm done :mellow: , I'll join you in the :svengo: , Junie.

• Like 4

post-83301-0-72728100-1499571221_thumb.jpg

That thing in the middle of the picture, and we'd of course paint the top trim as well, which currently isn't painted for mysterious reasons. The colors actually look better in the picture than in reality. And, in the bottom left, you can see Celery's head. I'm thinking I'm going to go with Black Garnet and Glamorous, which is a color combination the paint company suggested in one of those color cards (but of course not on their website, and the colors look different on my screen than on the color cards anyway): 

http://www.behr.com/consumer/ColorDetailView/N110-7

http://www.behr.com/consumer/ColorDetailView/P130-7

I'll of course have to revisit this thought tomorrow, when I've got daylight. And I'm thinking it needs some folk art on it. Something like this:

https://static.mijnwebwinkel.nl/winkel/sure-interieur/image/cache/full/ee6655eddf2fb91f7bd17ef711fb39136cb495b4.jpg

• Like 2

Ugh. Picking paint colors is hard. The floor is painted a shiny brown (ugh), the walls are a light beige, and the cabinet is some ugly dark color with dark red. Logic says I should probably go with a better dark color (dark grey or a dark purplish brown) and a pinkish-red, or maybe dark green and a pinkish-red, but I kind of want to go with green and blue. However, the latter would mean having to use primer first. Decisions, decisions. 

Throw logic to the wind and do what you want.

• Like 3

Throw logic to the wind and do what you want.

I want to be lazy. That's the entire problem. The only reason I even okayed this was because I figured I'd give the kids brushes and have it be an educational experience, but I have zero desire to put primer on it in order to paint it a significantly lighter color. 

• Like 2

I can't pick paint colors to save my life. Dh is really good at getting the color I'm after, and he's partially colorblind! 🎨

• Like 4

I want to be lazy. That's the entire problem. The only reason I even okayed this was because I figured I'd give the kids brushes and have it be an educational experience, but I have zero desire to put primer on it in order to paint it a significantly lighter color. 

You should be able to cover almost any color with a good quality paint/primer combo or the paints that say they don't require primer. I just covered some fairly dark brown tones with a pale gray/white and a pale yellow and both covered just fine w/2 coats. I only use primer on things like unfinished wood these days. 

• Like 2