Old WTM Board Poster's Who are you?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please chime in if you were a poster on the old board

I loved the advise from the old board.

When I first started homeschooling, the old board poster's were my "mentors"

I never posted back then but read everything they posted.

I know boards change, people move on, but I was just curious who was still hanging out here (that posted advise) not a lurker like myself

Me... I have been here since the beginning...and I still have my first edition tattered, torn, pages missing WTM that I will never part with :-)

~~Faithe

I've only been on the board since around 2004. The first format I joined under was the "continuous" thread. Any replies were subcatagorized under that topic they were responding to. Then it moved to the "gray" threads....and now this.

I'd be curious to know the format BEFORE the "continuous" thread I refer to above.

Sheryl <><

• 1 month later...

I go back to around '99...but I haven't posted hardly ever on the new boards...I didn't want to start out as a "larvae" lol...so now my posts say "just visiting"...Makes me kind of feel "out of it"...so I mainly just lurk and read posts on topics that interest me now...'

Susu

I came on about 2003 or 2004. I forget now.

I was Karen's Testimony. There were so many Karens on the board. I could not get over this. I have been the only Karen for years. The last time there was another Karen besides me was when I was in high school. I go on the Well-Trained Mind boards. Every other person is a Karen. I could not believe it. I thought my name was a dying breed. Then I saw many Karens.

So, I dropped Karen's Testimony and became Testimony. I have been that way ever since.

I'm an oldy!

Blessings,

Karen

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony

I've been LoriM on the Internet since 1991. :) I'm not sure that was the Internet then...just the mainframe computer in my grad school math and computer science department, emailing and using lists in cyberspace.

Anyway, I started posting frequently (practically daily) on the old boards in 2001.

LoriM, formerly in Alabama, now in North Carolina, formerly an active-duty USAF wife, now wife of retired hubby, formerly teaching 3rd and 7th...now "teaching" college freshman and college senior...sigh. What a decade!

I was there, though off and on as a newbie. I was ran off when I mentioned cottage school as being helpful to homeschoolers (I was planning to start one). It took me a while to get the courage to come back.

I was Carmen until I saw another Carmen, and I started using Fernande (one of my middle names).

Do you mean the old board, or the old, old board?

I've been on since 1999, and posted a lot more back then. I remember Quiver of 6 I think it was. ;) I also remember enjoying reading posts by Robin in TX, Beth in OH, and DonnaC. SWB was on the board a lot and Y2K made all the posts read as 1/1/1900.

Please chime in if you were a poster on the old board

I loved the advise from the old board.

When I first started homeschooling, the old board poster's were my "mentors"

I never posted back then but read everything they posted.

I know boards change, people move on, but I was just curious who was still hanging out here (that posted advise) not a lurker like myself

I was there, but apparently I'm now too old to remember when I started hanging around "the place". We started homeschooling in 2000. This fall, our kids entered public school. We had a great run with homeschooling, and sometimes, I still really miss it. Good to see you finally got up the nerve to post. ;)

It's funny, I used to post more on the old board than I do here. But I spend more time reading the boards now than I ever read the old boards. I also use the search feature here to find answers to questions instead of posting them. I've been on the boards since we started homeschooling in Jan of 2002! First I posted as Melissa in MI then when we moved in 2005 I became Melissa in FL