Menu

What are you cooking for New Year's Eve?

We're doing the annual sleepover at our church and are supposed to bring food to share. So far, I'm thinking of picking up some hummus and pita chips/crackers (not cooking, I know). I'll probably also bake some pumpking muffins (which can do double-duty for breakfast the next morning) and some cookies. My husband suggested I also make some curried chickpeas and a pot of basmati rice so that we (and any other vegetarians who show up) will have something substantive to eat.

We're having a party for our fellowship at our house. Everyone's bringing something. So far I've decided to make 7 layer dip (refried beans mixed with taco seasoning, guacamole, diced tomatoes, green onions, sour cream, shredded cheese, and black olives) and what SIL calls "Hooters dip" (buffalo hot wing dip). I'm trying to decide what else I want to make so I can get my shopping done today.

New Year's Day we have dinner with my family. My mom is making shrimp creole and I'm bringing turtle cake.

We pretty much do appetizers around here...

Meatballs, those tiny links, I'm making corn-dogs (corn muffins with a hot dog center) for the kiddos, mini-quiches, and I'm sure my brother will make moz. sticks and pizza rolls as well. We'll have some chips and dips, and veggie tray. Cheese & crackers. Plus whatever Christmas goodies we have left (and we have quite a bit)

It's a football day here -- so no formal meals. Just snack all day.

Kinda hoping the baby is born on Jan. 1st, so I don't have to worry about food :D (it's a long shot, but there's no harm in hoping, right?)

Ooohhh... I think I will steal your make your own sundae idea. That sounds fun! Thanks!

It's a once a year thing for us. I try not to watch the 5 scoops of ice cream being topped with 1/2 a bottle of chocolate syrup with 2 large spoon fulls of marshmallow topping, complete with 5" of whipped cream and a cherry on top. :001_huh:

We're having a party for our fellowship at our house. Everyone's bringing something. So far I've decided to make 7 layer dip (refried beans mixed with taco seasoning, guacamole, diced tomatoes, green onions, sour cream, shredded cheese, and black olives) and what SIL calls "Hooters dip" (buffalo hot wing dip). I'm trying to decide what else I want to make so I can get my shopping done today.

New Year's Day we have dinner with my family. My mom is making shrimp creole and I'm bringing turtle cake.

I think I'll make that 7 layer dip, too. That always goes fast. Thanks for reminding me of it!

Our two big edible treats during the holiday season are fondue on Christmas Eve and raclette on New Year's Eve. Raclette is a kind of cheese, btw. The meal is communal, using a special heating grill that's placed on the center of the table.

I decided that we were going to have raclette for New year's Eve and thought that it would make a fun tradition. What else do you like to have with it?

these are so good, but soooo fattening!

Little Smokies in Brown Sugar

1 pkg. little smokies sausages

1 pkg bacon

1 box brown sugar

cut your bacon into thirds, wrap a piece around each little smokie and and place a toothpick into it to keep bacon in place.

place into a large casserole dish or baking sheet (just place that onto a larger baking sheet to keep stuff from spilling over.

pour the entire box of brown sugar over the smokies place in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 min.

Remove and let sit for a few minutes (so sugar will carmelize and set) and remove and keep warm in crockpot or serve cold. They will look really greasy at first but after they sit for a while, they are not.

I doubled the recipe and took to a Christmas party and they were all eaten!

New Year's Eve, ds will be going to a Youth Lock~in at church.

The rest of us will be home(playing games, watching movies and eating).

I will make little smokies, cheese dip(ragu cheese sauce, black bean, cooked hamb, can of rotel(mild)~heat all on stove) with chips, and a few other things.

I also set out cookies and fudge that we need to finish eating :001_smile:

We never go anywhere on New Year's Eve.

This will be our first year where the oldest won't be home with us.

New Year's day, don't have plans yet.

I was just going to come and ask if anyone had a special menu for New Years Eve :)

I am making a spread of snacks:

Cowboy Caviar

marinated mushrooms

Best Ever Brussels Sprouts

7 layer bean dip

spinach artichoke dip w/ veggies & bread to dip

Blue Ribbon Rolls

Mahogany chicken wings

Super hot wings

English sausage rolls

Lava Lamps - adult and kid version

Cake & strawberries for dessert

And a crock pot breakfast for the next morning when everyone is too tired to cook :)