Menu

Prayer request

popmom

Decided to delete details. Pray for my youngest dd who has experienced a lot of loss over the past few years. 

Pray that we would find a good counselor for her. We have tried a couple and it just hasn't been helpful. Not dd's fault. It's just hard to find good counselors. I'm better qualified than dd's last counselor. Seriously. But she needs someone other than me to process this stuff. If you are feeling extra generous pray for good friends for dd. One good friend. Okay...maybe just one mediocre friend who doesn't do her harm maybe. 

Edited by popmom
  • Like 1
  • Sad 22

• popmom changed the title to Prayer request--help me help my dd-- trigger warning--keep scrolling if necessary
11 minutes ago, Rosie_0801 said:

There's probably not much you can do but wait it out. 

((hugs))

Sometimes isolation mode is useful and necessary. Stoicism isn't always unhealthy.

Thank you. I really appreciate that perspective. I agree with that. 

I certainly don't want to force anything.

I'm just sad.

Time for me to go to bed. Going to spend some time meditating and praying. I do appreciate and covet prayer for her. TY.

Edited by popmom
  • Sad 1

• popmom changed the title to Prayer request

Do you have any access to trauma debriefing with a counsellor?  It is good to process feelings within 24-48 hours of a traumatic event and useful to do so with someone with whom you do not have an emotional connection.  Here we an organisation called Lifeline where well-trained volunteer lay counsellors do this - you can make an appointment for a walk-in session. They will refer if they need to.  

ETA:  I may be using the wrong terminology.  We have psychologists and registered counsellors here, but the word lay counsellor is also used.

Edited by Hannah
  • Like 3

Just now, Hannah said:

Do you have any access to trauma debriefing with a counsellor?  It is good to process feelings within 24-48 hours of a traumatic event and useful to do so with someone with whom you do not have an emotional connection.  Here we an organisation called Lifeline where well-trained volunteer lay counsellors do this - you can make an appointment for a walk-in session. They will refer if they need to.  

I do not unfortunately. I will call her psychiatrist tomorrow, but I seriously doubt I could get her in with someone that quickly. I will specifically ask her dr about this when I call. Our public schools probably have resources but we homeschool. Thank you for the ideas.

• Like 3

I saw your post earlier, but I didn’t respond because I have nothing to offer. The same thing happened to my son this year and it is just awful and sad. I have no helpful advice. He is in school, so had the option of talking with the counselors (and the school brought in some outside help). He declined doing that. 

I will pray for your dd and you. It is so hard when our kids are hurting.

Edited by lovinmyboys
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

thank you for praying. 

I decided to call a counselor one of my older dds used to see--years ago. She is accepting new patients again. I really think this will be a good fit, and dd is definitely willing.

Dd talked about this classmate earlier. Good memories. Otherwise, she has been playing her guitar all day.

We are praying for the family. Praying for the teachers at co-op, too. Tuesday will be hard. They are having classes today, and the admins have said they will be available to talk, cry, or whatever the students need. Dd only has classes on Tuesdays.

Edited by popmom
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, popmom said:

I decided to call a counselor one of my older dds used to see--years ago. She is accepting new patients again. I really think this will be a good fit, and dd is definitely willing.

This is very good news!  I hope they work well together.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rosie_0801 said:

She is aware of the term 'survivor's guilt?'

Yes. She is. Psychology is one of her special interests, and she will study it in college. So she is actually grappling with the things that she has studied and read about. It’s completely different to experience it vs reading about it. She’s actually taking an AP psych class at this co-op this year. 

I think there’s more to it than that though. She’s very spiritual.

Edited by popmom
  • Like 2