Menu

Chick Fil A, what a dirty trick to play

Indigo Blue

Just a moment of weakness. 

It’s not my fault. It is Chick Fil A’s. 

I’m trying to eat healthy and also must eat to avoid reflux, fodmaps, and gluten. Along comes Chick Fil A with their new pimento cheese chicken sandwich. Mind you, I don’t eat chicken, but it would be easy to order without the chicken. CFA says, oh, gluten free you say? No problem. We have gf buns. We’ll drizzle on some honey, pile on some pickles, and give a generous serving  of spicy pimento cheese, sans chicken. 

Why are they tormenting me? I have very rarely treated myself to a small fry. Now, they have this. I just can’t with that. I really do do pretty well, but I don’t know how one is supposed to deal with that. Gah. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

In other news, I visited my son yesterday. His cat (love her to pieces) sniffed all over my stainless steel straw in my Stanley cup. She peppered it with snot dots. I made a mental note to wipe it off before we left. I forgot. I drank all the water on the way home. I just now remembered that I didn’t wipe off the snot dots. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 25

51 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

In other news, I visited my son yesterday. His cat (love her to pieces) sniffed all over my stainless steel straw in my Stanley cup. She peppered it with snot dots. I made a mental note to wipe it off before we left. I forgot. I drank all the water on the way home. I just now remembered that I didn’t wipe off the snot dots. 

🤢

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, cjzimmer1 said:

You probably don't want to here this but we LOVE the new pimento sandwich.  Although to be honest I'm having a hard time envisioning it without chicken. 

Can you picture a hotdog without the hotdog?? 😁 Slawburger. Lol. 

I dated a guy once who walked up to the counter at Burger King and ordered me a hamburger with no hamburger. The guy wanted to be sure he heard correctly, so he said loudly, “ A hamburger? With no meat on it? Is that what you said?” All the people in the lines gave my date side eye. This was back in the 80’s when doing such a thing was unheard of. I married him. 😂😂😂

Edited by Indigo Blue
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

I dated a guy once who walked up to the counter at Burger King and ordered me a hamburger with no hamburger. The guy wanted to be sure he heard correctly, so he said loudly, “ A hamburger? With no meat on it? Is that what you said?” All the people in the lines gave him side eye. This was back in the 80’s when doing such a thing was unheard of. I married him. 😂😂😂

For me, the bun is the least satisfying part and only there to hold it all together, so I guess I would have to just eat the slaw!🤣

I have chronic anemia even with eating red meat regularly so I can't go more than a day or two without it before I feel like I could start chewing on someone's arm. So eating something without meat leaves me feeling very unfulfilled.

But that's awesome you hubby was so respectful of your dietary needs!  Definitely a winner for you! 

• Like 1

I work at CFA and am really sick of the menu after 4 years, but that pimento cheese sandwich is To.Die.For.  I like extra jalapenos.

You can get it with grilled chicken if you can eat the grilled chicken.  Order a Honey Pepper Pimento Sandwich with grilled chicken and no bun.  You'll get a filet of grilled chicken topped with pickled jalapenos, pimento cheese and honey in a bowl.  If you like the gluten free bun, of course you can order that as well.

I think most restaurants are offering the components separately.  You can order a side of pimento cheese and a side of jalapenos, and we already offer honey packets as a condiment. 

I will say that I find the pimento cheese to be very similar to Palmetto Cheese, which is available at Sam's Club and other grocery stores. 

ETA: I re-read your response and saw no chicken.  I think the whole messy affair would probably be delicious scooped up and enjoyed with some waffle fries...

Edited by Lady Marmalade
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

I dated a guy once who walked up to the counter at Burger King and ordered me a hamburger with no hamburger. The guy wanted to be sure he heard correctly, so he said loudly, “ A hamburger? With no meat on it? Is that what you said?” All the people in the lines gave my date side eye. This was back in the 80’s when doing such a thing was unheard of. I married him. 😂😂😂

I'm a vegetarian and did this with DH when we were dating and on a road trip.  I ordered a cheeseburger with no burger.  Also in the 80s.  🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lady Marmalade said:

I work at CFA and am really sick of the menu after 4 years, but that pimento cheese sandwich is To.Die.For.  I like extra jalapenos.

You can get it with grilled chicken if you can eat the grilled chicken.  Order a Honey Pepper Pimento Sandwich with grilled chicken and no bun.  You'll get a filet of grilled chicken topped with pickled jalapenos, pimento cheese and honey in a bowl.  If you like the gluten free bun, of course you can order that as well.

I think most restaurants are offering the components separately.  You can order a side of pimento cheese and a side of jalapenos, and we already offer honey packets as a condiment. 

I will say that I find the pimento cheese to be very similar to Palmetto Cheese, which is available at Sam's Club and other grocery stores. 

ETA: I re-read your response and saw no chicken.  I think the whole messy affair would probably be delicious scooped up and enjoyed with some waffle fries...

Using waffle fries for chips… I could be on board with that. 😂

• Like 2

I saw the pimento cheese sandwich at our chick fil a but I didn’t think it looked very appealing. Now I guess I’ll have to try it! 

I think what my ds does is a better idea for a new sandwich though—he gets the regular sandwich and a side of Mac n cheese. THEN he puts the Mac *ON* his sandwich. It looks delicious. It’s a bajillion calories probably, but looks delicious lol. 

• Like 1

I call it Bigoted Chicken and every now and then I cave to the deliciousness. If they ever figure out that a Cobb salad should have blue cheese I’m gonna cry. I’m a little mad that they took away the chicken salad AND the coleslaw. I feel personally attacked, and yet I go back. 

ETA: Dh did not care for the pimento cheese sandwich. 

Edited by KungFuPanda
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

I call it Bigoted Chicken and every now and then I cave to the deliciousness. If they ever figure out that a Cobb salad should have blue cheese I’m gonna cry. I’m a little mad that they took away the chicken salad AND the coleslaw. I feel personally attacked, and yet I go back. 

One of the thing that CFA did this year is make it easier to customize the menu to your liking.  You can totally add bleu cheese to the Cobb salad. Since the Cobb already comes with shredded cheese blend, it's up to you if you want the bleu in addition to that, or ask them to take off the cheese blend and just add the bleu. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lady Marmalade said:

One of the thing that CFA did this year is make it easier to customize the menu to your liking.  You can totally add bleu cheese to the Cobb salad. Since the Cobb already comes with shredded cheese blend, it's up to you if you want the bleu in addition to that, or ask them to take off the cheese blend and just add the bleu. 

I am absolutely opposed to bleu cheese.  It's rare to come across a cobb salad that doesn't have it. That's why I LIKE the chick fil a version.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AnotherNewName said:

Not to pile on CFA, but them adding that new caramel crumble milkshake to the seasonal menu was also a cheap shot.

10 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

Just a moment of weakness. 

It’s not my fault. It is Chick Fil A’s. 

I’m trying to eat healthy and also must eat to avoid reflux, fodmaps, and gluten. Along comes Chick Fil A with their new pimento cheese chicken sandwich. Mind you, I don’t eat chicken, but it would be easy to order without the chicken. CFA says, oh, gluten free you say? No problem. We have gf buns. We’ll drizzle on some honey, pile on some pickles, and give a generous serving  of spicy pimento cheese, sans chicken. 

Why are they tormenting me? I have very rarely treated myself to a small fry. Now, they have this. I just can’t with that. I really do do pretty well, but I don’t know how one is supposed to deal with that. Gah. 

I didn't know ANY of this, and now I'm craving Chick Fil A.  I was trying to stick to healthy, plant based, but this is definitely going to be my next cheat meal.  The caramel shake AND the fried chicken sandwich. Thanks @AnotherNewName and @Indigo Blue

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I don’t like pimento cheese so I’m not really tempted by the sandwich. Do people who like it like pimento cheese in other situations?  

What does the caramel shake taste like?

I’d be in it just for the cheese, I’m not a fan of jalapeños and fried chicken gives me trouble. But I’m really picky about my pimento cheese, not just any old brand will do. I just like a pimento cheese sandwich. 

22 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

Add either the chopped apples or strawberries to the Cobb salad and it takes it up to another level.  

I haven’t tried the new milkshake as I am still wishing for the one they had last year.  Anyone tried it and does it compare to the delicious one they had before? 

1 hour ago, Grace Hopper said:

I’d be in it just for the cheese, I’m not a fan of jalapeños and fried chicken gives me trouble. But I’m really picky about my pimento cheese, not just any old brand will do. I just like a pimento cheese sandwich. 

You can get it on their grilled chicken too! And I leave off the jalapenos because they are just a bit too spicy for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, itsheresomewhere said:

Add either the chopped apples or strawberries to the Cobb salad and it takes it up to another level.  

I haven’t tried the new milkshake as I am still wishing for the one they had last year.  Anyone tried it and does it compare to the delicious one they had before? 

Was that the fall spice one?  I never tried it, but a friend's daughter loved that one and still gave the caramel crumble one a better review.  

On 9/27/2023 at 4:39 AM, Shoeless said:

True confession: I've never had pimento cheese. 

It's not cheese, it's more like a cheese dip with chunks of cheese. Really. You mix shredded cheese with cream cheese, mayo, pimentos, jalapenos, and some spices. Then depending on how you're serving it you roll it up and decorate the outside with more cheese. It's just as delicious and fattening as it sounds.

I tried the sandwich, and it was good, but by the time I got it home the cheese melted into a greasy mess that saturated the bottom bun, so I highly recommend just going inside and eating there immediately. Not requesting DH pick it up and drive it 20 minutes home to you. The caramel shake was very good too. Maybe my favorite shake ever.

• Like 1