Menu

Delay of symtoms with Covid?

Mrs Tiggywinkle

Hive mind:

I had Covid almost a week and a half ago. Other than enduring fatigue and short of breath on exertion I have felt fine for about a week now.  I went back to work last night, had a fairly easy night(except for the unvaccinated elderly gentlemen who doesn’t believe in Covid even with an oxygen sat of 82 and a positive test), came home and immediately fell asleep. Woke up with a sore throat, 101.5 degree fever and body aches.

DS1 has a positive test and maybe an hour of a sore throat on Saturday. He just came in and told me his throat is really sore, he hurts everywhere and just wants to go to bed.

Anyone else hearing similar symptoms patterns?  I am wondering if I somehow got reinfected or if it’s just kept percolating inside. I did test negative yesterday on a RAT before work.

• Sad 6

Yes, I had a brief 2-day respite from Covid symptoms where I went for several long walks and vigorous cross-country skiing, back to almost 2 weeks of daily head-aches and shortness of breath from sitting. My breathing actually improves with fast-paced walking. 

Covid sucks, is about all I can say. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

Hive mind:

I had Covid almost a week and a half ago. Other than enduring fatigue and short of breath on exertion I have felt fine for about a week now.  I went back to work last night, had a fairly easy night(except for the unvaccinated elderly gentlemen who doesn’t believe in Covid even with an oxygen sat of 82 and a positive test), came home and immediately fell asleep. Woke up with a sore throat, 101.5 degree fever and body aches.

DS1 has a positive test and maybe an hour of a sore throat on Saturday. He just came in and told me his throat is really sore, he hurts everywhere and just wants to go to bed.

Anyone else hearing similar symptoms patterns?  I am wondering if I somehow got reinfected or if it’s just kept percolating inside. I did test negative yesterday on a RAT before work.

Tiggy, I am sooooooo sorry! If I had to hazard a guess, I would say your body is plum tuckered out, and is reacting to that. When I was caring for my eldest ds after our car accident even though I was far from recovered and shouldn't have been, I would run a fever and ache head to toe at the end of the day even if I had not been in pain earlier. I am convinced that my body was overwhelmed. Too much responsibility, too much work, not enough rest and recovery time.

Many hugs! 💓

Edited by Faith-manor
  • Like 5

On 1/19/2022 at 12:51 PM, athena1277 said:

I know of several people recently that got Covid kind of like that.  They got sick, started getting better, then got worse again before finally getting over it.  None of them were ever bad enough to need the ER, just really bad cold level sick.

Same pattern with dh. He felt sick for about 24 hrs, then better for about 24 hrs, then crummy again for the next 48 hrs. Couldn’t get tested til day 4 of symptoms, positive result day 6. Felt fine by day 8 of symptoms except he still had allergy-like annoying mucus in his nose for another week. Never went into his chest, though, it just stayed an upper respiratory illness for him. 

Mrs T, any chance your new symptoms are flu A or another virus, or is it similar to how you felt before with CV?

We had a nasty cold end of November and my symptoms were still present during our bout of covid (DH positive Dec 20ish, first time I was able to test was Jan 4), so I'm not really sure which was which, but I had a sore throat probably 5 days total between late Dec-Jan. Not 5 consecutive days-I had good days between. It was weird. That was my only symptom, I think, of covid.

I have had a delayed loss of taste and smell.  Friday 1/7 I got sick.  I could smell everything fine for a week at least. Last week I started drinking coffee again and I hated it!  😭  It tastes so bitter to me now!  And I am a die-hard coffee lover and coffee snob.  I didn't realize my smell was gone until last night. I sniffed a bunch of essential oils and can't smell them.  

• Sad 2