Menu

Incredibly frustrated, help to vaccinate JAWM

Kakids

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Please define "treating the person as a human".  I am not being argumentative or anything.  I just don't know exactly what you mean because here (not in the Great Lakes area but I do have family there), it's simply putting shots in arms whether you are disabled or not.  Is there a special accommodation you want? 

If you haven't experienced someone with a disability treated as less than human, not worth talking to or explaining anything to, not deserving of what others in society can access, and if they are granted "access" they should be grateful for whatever method it is delivered in, demeaning, dehumanizing or other, then you are a luckier person than we are. Everyone deserves health care with respect.

2 hours ago, Carolina Wren said:

The CDC invites people to call 1-800-232-0233  for help getting appointments. Hopefully you could talk with a live person for advice.

Thank you we hadn't seen that number before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kakids said:

If you haven't experienced someone with a disability treated as less than human, not worth talking to or explaining anything to, not deserving of what others in society can access, and if they are granted "access" they should be grateful for whatever method it is delivered in, demeaning, dehumanizing or other, then you are a luckier person than we are. Everyone deserves health care with respect.

Thank you we hadn't seen that number before.

?  I am a special ed teacher who has a special needs kid (who is now an adult).  I don't deserve the disrespect that you just showed me.  All I asked was for clarification on what kind of accommodations you wanted because it's easier to help you if we know what those are. 

• Like 10

My hospital has a stand alone vaccination center.  It is quiet because it isn't also a store or a hospital/doctor's office.  Jabs are done by nurses.  They allow a companion if needed.

They initially only took appointments from those in certain practices but eventually opened to anyone.

Might be worth seeing if any of your hospitals have that.

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

?  I am a special ed teacher who has a special needs kid (who is now an adult).  I don't deserve the disrespect that you just showed me.  All I asked was for clarification on what kind of accommodations you wanted because it's easier to help you if we know what those are. 

I did not give you disrespect.

You specifically asked about the definition of treating a person as a human. I defined it as granting everyone health care with respect. 

1 minute ago, Kakids said:

I did not give you disrespect.

You specifically asked about the definition of treating a person as a human. I defined it as granting everyone health care with respect. 

But that doesn't really help.  I mean, every pharmacy or clinic who has people who act professionally should be treating everyone with respect.  My mom and sisters (who all live in the area you referenced) got vaccinations from kind respectful people.  It sounds like you've had a bad experience? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

But that doesn't really help.  I mean, every pharmacy or clinic who has people who act professionally should be treating everyone with respect.  My mom and sisters (who all live in the area you referenced) got vaccinations from kind respectful people.  It sounds like you've had a bad experience? 

Yes. The OP is being deliberately obtuse, but that is her choice I get it. But she sounds very, very bitter. (May have a reason.) But I am with you haven’t seen what she has apparently been through. A lot of people would treat her som as human.