Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

7 hours ago, Harriet Vane said:

Terebith, I have to admit to really struggling with this one. I get that there are numerous faiths on this board, and I get that there are people who have walked away from Christian belief. But this cartoon is really, really disrespectful of the sincerely held beliefs of many on this board. I would say the same if the cartoon openly mocked the tenets of Islam or Buddhism. This cartoon does not accurately represent what Christians believe, and it is quite disparaging of those beliefs. I'd like to ask you to remove your post.

Edited to add:

As I puzzle through why this one hurts, it's because it digs at the doctrinal core of Christianity. It's not a gentle laugh at the silliness of church potlucks or other cultural foibles. It actually mocks what Christians believe and presents those beliefs in crass terms. I hope that makes sense--I'd appreciate it if you could take your post down. Thanks.

I apologize.  I am in a weird space where I still identify strongly as Christian but am bothered by a lot of the trappings and culture.  I snorted when I read it and didn’t think about how others might interpret it.  Mea culpa.  

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I apologize.  I am in a weird space where I still identify strongly as Christian but am bothered by a lot of the trappings and culture.  I snorted when I read it and didn’t think about how others might interpret it.  Mea culpa.  

I appreciate understanding where you’re coming from. No hard feelings. And I appreciate many of the things you share here and in other threads. Thanks. 

• Like 1