Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

4 hours ago, Terabith said:

83110A0C-D021-4390-908C-24B19CA57F78.jpeg

thank you for posting this.  1dd is having a hard time at the moment.  She's a classics major, who also started taking German with plans to do a doc in Linguistics (dead languages, re: Latin, don't count.)  she loved it.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, SusanC said:

Screenshot_20211110-140038.png

I did a service one year where I did people's Black Friday shopping for a price (prior to the ubiquity of online shopping). One lady paid me to buy shampoo, vitamins, copy paper, and a pair of pajamas. I admired her way more than the people who paid me to stand in line for flatscreens.

I buy a year's worth of conditioner every year from Ulta3.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, historically accurate said:

May be an image of outdoors and text that says 'SOME STRANGER SOMEWHERE REMEMBERS YOU BECAUSE YOU WERE WEIRD TO THEM'

This so very true. Several years ago, we had just bought a new Toyota Rav4. We were in the drive through at McDs when a car pulls up to our right and motions us to roll the window down. Living in a safe, small town, we did, and the man (also driving a rav4) crows, “Go RAV4!” and does a little fist pump. We were like *blink blink* “Um, yeah! Yay!”  And he drove off, happy.

It was so hilariously weird, but we talk about it often and it’s even influenced a little car game that my kids play (it’s like “punch bug” but it’s “go rav4”.) 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, alisoncooks said:

This so very true. Several years ago, we had just bought a new Toyota Rav4. We were in the drive through at McDs when a car pulls up to our right and motions us to roll the window down. Living in a safe, small town, we did, and the man (also driving a rav4) crows, “Go RAV4!” and does a little fist pump. We were like *blink blink* “Um, yeah! Yay!”  And he drove off, happy.

It was so hilariously weird, but we talk about it often and it’s even influenced a little car game that my kids play (it’s like “punch bug” but it’s “go rav4”.) 😄 

This is such a big thing in the older VW world. Flashing lights, tiny horn honks, enthusiastic waves, what have you. When we had a Westfalia, it was like other VW owners saw their long lost best friend driving by. I always thought it was charming! What ever we can do, to bring more joy into the world, I am absolutely all in for!   It was like this big family that everyone could identify by the headlights coming down the street. 

• Like 5