Menu

Totally trivial question-what should I theme my studio this semester

Dmmetler

In the fall, I did frogs because I had a ton of Frog decor due to DD previously theming our schoolroom that way and my picking up everything I saw that was cute and inexpensive that was herp related for years. 

I'd planned to do video games/tech this Spring, since so many of my kids enjoy that, but I just don't think I can stomach it. There is just too much tech dependence and too much zoom and too much log in to X to do Y right now. I want to at least pretend that our music world is NOT online. 

So, what would be a good, happy, cheerful thing to do? I have a cutting machine, so I can make decor for the physical room very easily (even if we're not in it, I decorate the area I do live zoom calls from), and I'm sure I can find Zoom/Google classroom backgrounds for any theme out there.  

My kids range from age 4-17. I have three teens, all girls, and they tend to actually enjoy "cute", and my two tween boys are fine with it as well. 

2 hours ago, Terabith said:

Dragons

I did dragons last Spring, and then summer ended up not really having one since we were completely virtual and all just trying to survive. 

I think we're going to go with a Spring, cute animals, flowers, insects, etc theme. Lots of cute clip art I can play with. I'm also hoping to be able to do an outdoor recital in May or so, so it kind of looks forward to that. I also plan to start a composition unit because it works well online, and the books I use all have a theme of a child encountering animals and creating songs for them, so it fits well with that. 

• Like 5

I used to decorate bulletin boards for the school. Mary Engelbriet has a lot of cute ideas that translate well to bulletin boards and classrooms. My favorite is yellow, black, white and red. Cherries and checkerboards. I don't copy her ideas but definitely use them for inspiration. Maybe you can work some herps into the pattern. 

Edited by Tap

I do a giant bulletin board in our home, like schools do.  I tend to do it for holidays or by seasons or months.  So currently we have it for new years.  I have a big Happy New Year banner dipping across it, and we made a poster of stars.  Everyone filled out a star and wrote their New Year wishes, kind of like resolutions.  The poster says 2021 wishes.  They range from dd6 saying she wants another cat (not happening, lol) and that she wants grandma to visit to my resolutions like read more, exercise more, etc.  So you could maybe have the kids each fill out a wish. 

For February... hearts of course! (some years we have done presidents or February birthdays, but that is more schooly.) 

March- spring, in like a lion, out like a lamb, or kites or umbrellas.  April... April showers, spring flowers, 

So many fun ideas.