Menu

20 in 20 for 2020 Day 10!

Slache

It's super muggy out this morning, but I did 2.25 miles. Also did my arm work. 

I keep looking at Hadrian's Wall and other challenges on that site. But I am giving myself other rewards as I'm losing weight, so I don't need to ALSO spend money to reward myself for the walking. Right? But on the other hand...medals...and t-shirts...hmm...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SusanC said:

I'm absurdly pleased that the challenge day matches up with the date. 🙄 After today we are halfway done!

Perhaps I will get out of the house at lunch time, otherwise I think 5:30.

Ok, so I had to look to see if that was true or you were being funny....because I had no idea.  Thanks for pointing this out to me=)  #notdatedependantanymore

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

It's 20 miles in 20 days, but it's going to have to be 20 miles in 21 days here. I had to have a medical procedure this afternoon which resulted in no less than 3 painful sticks to run an IV line. Dang tiny worthless veins! I'm tired and cranky and very sore now, so I am skipping today's walk. I'll get back at it tomorrow.

• Sad 5

11 hours ago, purpleowl said:

It's super muggy out this morning, but I did 2.25 miles. Also did my arm work. 

I keep looking at Hadrian's Wall and other challenges on that site. But I am giving myself other rewards as I'm losing weight, so I don't need to ALSO spend money to reward myself for the walking. Right? But on the other hand...medals...and t-shirts...hmm...

Did you see the link I posted to a website that does a bracelet each month that you hit your goal? 99 walks I think it is called. It has walking workouts/podcasts or something, and bracelets. 

9 hours ago, SusanC said:

I'm absurdly pleased that the challenge day matches up with the date. 🙄 After today we are halfway done!

Me too! It's the only way I know which thread to click on each day, lol. Otherwise I know I'd be getting mixed up.

4 hours ago, historically accurate said:

It's 20 miles in 20 days, but it's going to have to be 20 miles in 21 days here. I had to have a medical procedure this afternoon which resulted in no less than 3 painful sticks to run an IV line. Dang tiny worthless veins! I'm tired and cranky and very sore now, so I am skipping today's walk. I'll get back at it tomorrow.

I'm sorry! I've had that happen - I now ask for the "vein team" if I'm in the hospital - the ones that put the central lines in, use the ultrasound, etc. I have big veins, but they are "valvy" and people THINK they get it in...but they don't. And then it infiltrates an we have to take it out and start over with a nice big blown vein. 

As for the walking, can you walk an extra 0.25 mile the next 4 days? Or an extra mile over the weekend? You got this!

Edited by ktgrok
  • Like 1

Tonight I got my mile in with a friend....we decided to do a night hike since it was still almost 70° here in Michigan at 6pm.

We did NOT plan on the downpour.  We ended up hiking through the woods in the dark with headlamps on...in a downpour.

Building memories one adventure at a time 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I wasn't sure I was going to make it today. I had my ride in the Epley maneuver chair yesterday. (https://www.eyeandear.org.au/page/Patients/Patient_information/Balance_Disorders/Epley_Omniax_Positioning_System/ for the curious) I had made sure to do my outdoor walking and cardio before we left, which turned out to be a good thing because I came home absolutely exhausted. After a quick nap, I did get online and put in a decent amount of work, but I woke up this morning too dizzy and queasy to safely wander very far from my bed.

Fortunately, by late afternoon I was feeling steadier. My husband accompanied (baby-sat) me on a 1.2-mile ramble around the neighborhood, after which I did a gentle 45 minutes on the stationary bike. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ktgrok said:

Did you see the link I posted to a website that does a bracelet each month that you hit your goal? 99 walks I think it is called. It has walking workouts/podcasts or something, and bracelets. 

I did, but bracelets don't appeal to me like t-shirts, lol. I don't wear much jewelry. 

But for weight loss, I am getting myself something from this Etsy shop for every ten pounds lost. (If you need a Christmas gift for a Harry Potter fan, check out the shop.) Just placed my second order a couple days ago. 😁 

@Ottakee Ack! Sorry you guys got caught in a downpour! 

@Jenny in Florida I'm glad you're steadier now. *hugs*

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, purpleowl said:

I did, but bracelets don't appeal to me like t-shirts, lol. I don't wear much jewelry. 

But for weight loss, I am getting myself something from this Etsy shop for every ten pounds lost. (If you need a Christmas gift for a Harry Potter fan, check out the shop.) Just placed my second order a couple days ago. 😁 

@Ottakee Ack! Sorry you guys got caught in a downpour! 

@Jenny in Florida I'm glad you're steadier now. *hugs*

Oh, dh and DD are fans!

• Like 2

Glad you're back, @Slache !

11 hours ago, SusanC said:

ME TOO.

Another 1.1 mile with dog. I'm absurdly motivated by the accountability of this thread. I would never have guessed that I would be. And so pleased that it's been getting me outdoors in a season where I ordinarily just hibernate bear-like until March.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SusanC said:

This is like half the reason I agreed to the challenge! Maybe three quarters.

6 hours ago, historically accurate said:

I'm sorry. Been there.

3 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Walked a mile with puppy and ds34 

I got the strangest visual here.

4 minutes ago, Pam in CT said:

Glad you're back, @Slache !

Thanks! I just got locked out of the hive. I wasn't the only one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ottakee and her friend are making memories one adventure at a time.  Rain when it is nearly 70° in Mid November in Michigan makes it OK.   A cold rain would have been a no go.

We are trying COVID friendly free activities.  Last weekend was mountain biking (which is funny to see a 50 year old plus size mom with poor balance attempting).  Coming up are cross country skiing, snowshoeing and walks/hikes in the snow.

• Like 1