Menu

What's on your wall?

klmama

The only time I  had an eat-in kitchen was in a pretty small house.  I had a wood shelf with our art supplies in mason jars.  It was so pretty and bright to look at, and it's the most artsy thing I've ever done.

• Like 3

It is also our school table. I hung three brushed aluminum panels above the shower end of the table that is against the wall. They are magnetic, so I can have an ever-revolving display of "things of interest" Every few months i go through and pare it down. I try to be picky about what I put up there.

Nothing.  The 4 sides around the table are:  1) Window/patio door; 2) open space above counter/cabinets separating the eating area from the cooking/washing area; 3) Open walkway leading to the living room; 4) doors to the garage and laundry room.

Before we "remodeled," we had one wall with a painting on it.  The painting was a bouquet of yellow flowers.

@Melissa in Australia, that's a beautiful kitchen!

We have our table in an open L with windows along one side.  The other has the back sliding door and in the corner between them we put a tall skinny bookshelf with cookbooks, baskets to hold napkins, placemats, and dishcloths in one and "doohickies" in the other (corkscrew, coozies, extra trivets).  On the bottom is a bluetooth speaker because we like music with dinner.

Just to the right, outside of cooking range and above a kitchen cart between the living and dining area, is a painting we brought home from one of our travels.  It was our favorite view there, starting with the doorstep and looking out toward the ocean.  The other rooms of our house have similar paintings - favorite memories of places recreated by street artists in those cities. 

• Thanks 1