Menu

The Mysteries of Motherhood

Ottakee

The mysteries of motherhood:
1. WHY is my microwave mac and cheese from my lunch bag on the end table in the living room (and how did it get there)?

2. " What is that good food you used to make?" as asked by ds. Questions for further clarification added that I cooked it and we used to eat it.

3. Why does the food in the freezer not all fit back in it after I clean it....AFTER I removed 3 packages of meat for lunch tomorrow, OJ for breakfast, and 2 handfuls of Popsicles?

• Like 1
  • Haha 26

49 minutes ago, Rachel said:

Why am I the only one who can find an item in the fridge (pantry, closet, etc.) that is exactly where I said it was?

I was so tired of this that I instituted Mommy's Finding Service. I tell them that if I find it where I said it would be in the next 5 minutes, it would cost them $5 per occurrence. This has been so effective that I haven't been paid yet. 😃

Edited by RosemaryAndThyme
  • Like 9
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Ali in OR said:

Why am I the only one who can refill the toilet paper (or in dh's case, refill it correctly as he insists on putting it in upside down so it dispenses over instead of under)?

I'm with your DH on the direction, but I got so tired of this that I replaced most of the toilet paper holders with the new kind that's basically a giant hook.  I can put it on with one hand, and I can change the direction with one hand too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ali in OR said:

Why am I the only one who can refill the toilet paper (or in dh's case, refill it correctly as he insists on putting it in upside down so it dispenses over instead of under)?

I thought you were supposed to have it so it hangs over and then down... 😏

• Like 3

Why am I the only one capable of putting dirty dishes into the empty dishwasher or asertaining if the half full dishwasher has clean or dirty dishes?

Why do I keep hearing “Well I don’t see it” when someone is standing at the open fridge looking for something I just told them the location of?

Edited by Beaniemom
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Ali in OR said:

I was also going to wonder why DH can only hang the toilet paper the wrong way.  Except he insists on hanging it under which is so annoying because you have to reach under the roll and against the cabinet to get a hold of the end.  When it dispenses over the top the end is free floating and much easier to get a hold of.

• Like 3

The only reason to have toilet paper going under instead of over is so your cats don’t unroll the entire thing 😉

Also, why do I have to decide what everybody eats for every meal??  (That one will come back to haunt me, I’m sure)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ailaena said:

Also, why do I have to decide what everybody eats for every meal??  (That one will come back to haunt me, I’m sure)

So that you can make that thing you made once, remember mom?  You cooked it and we ate it and it was good.  Can you make that again?

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, StellaM said:

Why am I the only one in this house of 4 other adults or almost adults, with the upper body strength to turn the leaky shower tap off properly ?!!

Why am I the only one in this house with two brawny males who has the upper body strength to clean the tub/shower properly ?!! 

• Like 2